The Start of Fate’s Revenge.

Boy Kryptonite

 “Yeobusaeyo,” Jin Seo Ryung answered her mobile phone.

 

“Where are you and what are you doing?” he father’s authoritative voice boomed at her.

 

She took a sip from her takeaway latte and glanced around the classy boutique in Gangnam before answering. “I’m shopping.”

 

Typical of her father to ring her out of the blue and demand where she was. He was always such a protective one. She guessed that he feared someone would assassinate her at any moment.

 

“Are your bodyguards with you?”

 

“Yes, they are waiting outside the store.” He would never let her go anywhere unless she was followed by his little minions.

 

“Good, and I hope you are picking out something to wear for tonight’s dinner party.” he said. “We have some important people to impress. You do remember about tonight, right?”

 

“Yes,” she lied. “I did.”

 

“Is Jae Yong with you?”

 

“No, he’s at a meeting.” she wasn’t really in the mood to talk to her father.

 

After answering a few more of his questions, she hung up and went back to trying on some high heels the assistant had brought for her. It wasn’t shopping which really interested her. She just wanted to be out of the house every chance she could get. So when she had absolutely nothing to do, she would go shopping and buy a whole load of things she didn’t need.

 

Being the daughter of a powerful mafia tycoon meant that she couldn’t really make much friends because her father had taught her from a young age to never be too close to anyone. 

 

“They might stab you in the back one day” was what he had said.

 

She had always tried to stay out of her father’s business, but now that she’s of proper age to take over the business, she knew he was going to force her to start learning soon.

 

“I’ll take it,” she handed the heels to the assistant. “And that too,” pointing at a long, flowy gold dress embellished with tiny, glittering crystals.

 

She walked over to the cash register and handed the assistant her credit card, not bothering to ask for the price. There was no need for her to anyway. She exited the boutique and shoved her shopping bags at one of her bodyguards who immediately took it and added it to the many other shopping bags he was already carrying.

 

A black BMW stopped right in front of the boutique and her driver got out to open the door for her.

 

“Call Jae Yong and tell him I’ll meet him at the event tonight.” she instructed her bodyguards before shutting the car door.

 

“Home.” she told her driver.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Choi Seung Hyun was in his office leafing through some documents, his brows furrowed in frustration, thinking how he was going to work out his next step in getting the approval for his boss’s new casino. His concentration was broken when the office phone started to ring. 

 

“Yobusaeyo?” he answered. 

 

It was his boss, Jin Sang Ho.

 

“Seung Hyun, how’s everything?” 

 

“Sajangnim, We have secured the land for the new casino and I have already met with yakuza leader Yamaguchi Shin to finalize the shares of the slot machine houses,” he said. “Right now, I’m just concerned that the approval won’t be accepted before the date of the construction.”

 

“That’s fine,” Jin Sajangnim replied. “I will take care of that by calling in a few favours. Right now, I need you to come back to Korea.”

 

“Is there a problem, sajangnim?”

 

“No, but as you know, you are among one of my most capable men and you have been serving me for years without failing me. I want you back in Korea to be my daughter’s assistant and teach her the ropes of my business. I’ve decided to hand the business to her in a few years time so I need you to teach her everything you know.”

 

Seung Hyun couldn’t believe what his boss was asking of him. He was basically telling him to fly back to Korea to babysit his spoilt, rich daughter! 

 

“But sajangnim, there are a lot of thing I still need to do here,” he tried to explain. “I can’t possibly be in Korea while managing the business in Japan...”

 

“I have already told manager Park to take over you while you are in Korea,” his boss continued. “You will come back to Korea and assist my daughter. Her fiancee is in charge of my new hotel and you will be working under him when you get back.”

 

“But Sajangnim...”

 

“I expect you to be on tomorrow’s earliest flight to Korea. When you land, you’re expected to attend a dinner party that I am hosting. You will meet my daughter and her fiancee there. That’s all” Jin Sajangnim finished off and hung up.

 

Seung Hyun put the phone down in shock. He stared at the pile of documents spread out on his desk and threw them all on the floor in anger. After all his years of hard work on the Japan casinos, diligently following every order instructed to him whether it was legal or illegal, he was now being commanded to go back to serve as Jin Sang Ho’s daughter ‘s little puppy. He’s never even met her before nor does he know anything about her, and now she’s suddenly the future successor of the business when she doesn’t even have a clue of what her father’s business is like.

 

“This is ridiculous.” he said to himself as he picked up his jacket to go home and pack for the next flight to Korea.

 

-------------------------------------------------------