A Day At The Beach Pt. 1

You Don't Have To Like Boys

YueJiun’s POV~
 

“Huaaaaa!! He’s here!! JONGHYUN OPPA!!” someone screamed.

 

“I think I saw him go that way! Towards the beach!”

 

“OMO OMO!! Hurry~”

 

“Yah!!“ I shouted as the crazed girls pushed (more like shoved!!) past me, trying to get to the beach. Who the hell were they trying to get to? Really now.. I rolled my eyes and gave a scoff of disgust. Checking the bathroom mirror, I broke out my make-up case and applied some lip gloss and a hint of pink blush.

 

“Really.. Who needs blush at a beach?” I thought, checking myself over one last time. For the finishing touch, I let my hair loose from it’s braid and watched as my locks flowed down all wavy-like. I grabbed my cute little sun hat and squished it on my head. “Ready to enjoy the day now!”

 

I sighed happily, grabbing my stuff. I skipped out of the bathroom and squinted into the daylight that seemed to bathe Jeju beach today. “Omonaa~”

 

Once my eyes adjusted to the light, I gasped like a tourist in awe. The beach was so breathtaking that day.. The sky was the right shade of azure, the waves gently rolling onto pale, silky sand… ah! It was almost like home! I drifted over to an empty bench and set my packed lunch and extra clothes down.

 

“Kyaaah! Where’d he go?!”

 

“OPPAAA!!”

 

“AISH!” I cast a look around and caught two of the girls from before in my sight. One had long brown hair running in wet tendrils down her back and the other was a hideous shade of dyed blonde.

 

“Rikaaa! I want to see him again. He ran away so fast,” the blonde one pouted. The girl next to her clasped her friends hand and tugged her towards me, determined looks on their faces.

 

“C’mon, Sica~ let’s ask her!” Rika said, tramping up to me. “Excuse me, miss, but have you seen anyone around here that resembles SHINee’s Jonghyun?”

 

“Yah! It IS Jonghyun, unnie! I know what he looks like!” whined the one called Sica. Mentally frowning at the two girls, I bit my lip and shook my head a curt ‘no’. The Rika girl sort of squinted and examined me.

 

“Hmm.. You sorta look like her. You’re not by any chance Shin Se Kyung, are you?” I was taken aback when I saw a small flame burn in Rika-ssi’s eyes.

 

“Sorry. No shiny boys or shin’s here. Ooh, but look over there! I see one that’s all shiny :D and just LOOK at those massively toned shins” I said, winking and pointing over to a muscular guy that was doing push ups in the sand. He looked over at us and flashed a grin. I turned away to politely show my distaste to my bag as I resumed placing my things how I wanted them. I felt someone tap me again.

 

“Whaa? Unnie, not ‘shiny’ I mean SHINee, as in the kpop group!” the Rika girl started again, obviously not getting my smart answer to her question. I had no idea who SHINee was or those people she asked about. I'm from France, for Christ's sake!

 

“And I swear.. But anyway--” She continued. I slightly grimaced, tuning Rika out, when the Sica girl flashed a flirty smile and wave to the sweaty man. When I saw him get up and start to come over, I decided to make my quick escape.

 

“Shiny, SHINee, shiny shins~ I’m not too interested at the moment. Hope you find your man. See ya, girls!” I said quickly, grabbing my beach mat, small radio, and towel before padding down to the beach. In my haste to leave them, I avoided stepping on some woman who had been sunbathing in my line of escape. Blushing and muttering an apologoy, I walked around her.

 

“Hey girls~” was all I heard amongst a fit of giggles from the Sica girl.

 

As I neared the wet sand line, I stopped and spread my mat down on the hot sand. “Ouchie, owwie!!” I yelped, feeling the sand burn against my paled skin. “Dangit..” I dropped my towel down and switched on my radio, turning it up to a reasonable volume. It buzzed to life and a smooth, jazzy song came on.

 

HEY! I'm gonna tell about this
This story about "love" of men
YEAH YEAH
My baby baby

Hot Times naega neoreul nunddeul ttae
All my life time ojik neoman gajyeodo dwae
Nal heundeulgo shiryeon jweodo
Injeonghal subakke eopneungeol
Neon hanappunin nae saram


 

My heart skipped a beat when I heard a chorus of harmonizing voices. I found myself entranced into listening to it while I stood up, stepped over to the wet part of the beach and sunk my feet into the deliciously cool wet sand. A soft moan of appreciation left my throat as I wiggled my toes in the wet mass. I giggled and skipped a bit when the surf rolled up around my ankles and sunk me further into the bliss of my long awaited vacation.

 

"Hum... why does that voice sound so familiar?" I mused, listening to the different male voices while signaling out one in particular, namely the one who had started the song. With a relaxed sigh, I leaned over and traced my fingers in the sand.

 

...breaker.png...

STORY UPDATED!

Subscribe and COMMENT please :)