Treat Me Right

Taste Of April Bubble Tea

Rated: PG
Word Count: approx. 4402


Being a tall boy had its advantages and disadvantages. One of the good things being how his high structure gave him better views of everything and made him appear more intimidating. The downside was how hard it was to conceal himself in a small space. Right now, Oh Sehun wouldn’t mind if he was half his size and had the ability to make himself disappear, the power persona what was given to his friend, Jongin when they debuted under SM Entertainment in April.

“What did you say to me?” Growled Luhan as he loomed over Sehun, who had his back pressed up against the hard wall behind him.

Being intimidating was the last feeing on his list right mow. “I-I didn’t.” Sehun mentally cursed himself for stuttering, showing signs of fear. He decided since the chance to stand up for himself was already gone, he could only wish that Luhan would let him off the hook this time again. “Nothing, sorry hyung.” Sehun sighed after his sentence, admitting defeat.

“No, Sehun. Say it. What do you want?” Luhan provoked the young boy by poking him in the chest as he neared the boy with each word.

Sehun’s eyes widen in panic, he had no where else to turn to. The other members were either taking a shower or out to get a snack before heading off to another round of practice down at the all too familiar room they’ve all grown up in throughout the long years of being a trainee.

“Hyung, nothing. I was wrong.” Sehun quickly covered his words and apologized even though he didn’t feel the slightest bit apologetic with what he had to say, and what he knew very well Luhan knew as well. This argument just wasn’t worth their time fighting. Sehun wanted to spend his precious time with Luhan making happy memories in the short time they have together before Luhan has to leave. Not spend it fighting with him.

“Really? You should just tell me what it is. I don’t want you to feel indifferent from how I feel. I’m quite relaxed around you. You’re always so tense.” Luhan teased the boy who was starting to pout with tears in his eyes.

This wasn’t the Luhan he knew. Luhan wasn’t always this nasty and devious. He used to be that shoulder to lean on, pair of ears to listen to the worries and complaints of Sehun, that comfort that was there to help sooth whatever emotional or physical pain Sehun had. The wallet that always seemed to have extra money that he can spot Sehun on whenever they stopped at the nearby bubble tea shop before going home after practice at night. They would be the last people in that cramped store with only 4 chairs around for people to sit on while they waited for their orders. Sehun hand Luhan didn’t seem to have a problem just sitting there on the colder days around the year and enjoy the happiness that the drink and being around each other’s presence seem to bring along.

After they debuted, everything started changing. Luhan was still happy and go lucky around Sehun, spreading his cheerful mood onto the younger. He still paid for Sehun’s bubble tea whenever they had the time to stop by that shop again. He didn’t mind listening to Sehun’s complaints over Skype whenever they were in different countries. He would still hold Sehun’s hand whenever the two traveled together. In the public eye or in their own private time together.

“I’m…” Sehun contemplated his words that he knew he could never take back. “I’m just…” He paused again to rethink his sentence over once more. “I feel uncomfortable whenever you hug the other hyungs like you would hug me.” Sehun admitted as he hung his head low, too afraid to look Luhan in the eye.

Sehun and Luhan had confessed their feelings a long time ago. Both felt mutual with the other and soon, Hunhan stopped being simply fan service. Just a couple being mushy and showing affectionate towards the other in public. Or private.

However, Sehun found out that the fan service that Luhan displayed with him was extra mushy around fans. Luhan didn’t like skinship as much as Sehun did. He liked to keep to himself more. That didn’t mean he had no contact whatsoever with Sehun, it just meant that Sehun was always the one to initiate the first touch. Luhan always did a one eighty degree turn on his personality in front of cameras. He would be the one to wrap his arms around Sehun’s waist, he would always place his hand on Sehun’s shoulder and pull him closer, always be the one to wait for Sehun and grab his hand to walk together. Sehun was especially happy about this. He didn’t seem to think so much, maybe Luhan wanted to take the fan service a step further, he understood that. Make their ship stand out against their biggest competitor; Baekyeol. What Sehun didn’t understand was to why Luhan would also be touchy with the other members of EXO. The artificial blonde would always latch himself upon another member whenever cameras are around. He didn’t understand why. Luhan didn’t touch them in the dorms, he didn’t even touch Sehun so much in front of the other members. Luhan was a reserved boy.

“What?” Luhan asked, daring Sehun to repeat his question. His facial expression remained annoyed with Sehun’s emotional confession.

Thinking it through, he had no choice but to go through with his plan if he knew Luhan already heard him the first time. “I said, I feel uncomfortable whenever you touch the other members.” Sehun repeated, but this time his eyes never left Luhan’s.

Luhan’s eyes didn’t falter as he kept the eye contact up. The next word that came out of his mouth shocked Sehun. “So?”

He couldn’t believe his boyfriend. His best friend. His former roommate. The person that showed him what true friendship was, and showed him what being in love felt like. How could Luhan be so careless and just puncture Sehun’s fragile maknae heart like that? A simple “sorry” was all he wanted, or “why” if he didn’t get why. Not a blunt “so” thrown in the face. The tight feeling in Sehun’s chest made it hard for him think, let alone retort back to Luhan’s surprise attack.

“Why are you so insecure, Sehun-ah?” Luhan took Sehun’s silence as a motion for him to explain himself. “They’re friends, are they not?” Luhan questioned.

Friends. If Luhan touched his friends the way he touched his boyfriend, what was the significant of Sehun’s existent at all?

Swallowing the lump that formed in his throat, and blinking the building tears away, Sehun proposed a request. “Can you… Please stop?”

Luhan faked innocent but his eyes told differently. “Stop what? Being friendly? You know that’s not how I am.”

Sehun couldn’t believe the bull being pulled on him. How he is? How Luhan is?! “You’re a skinship hater, that’s what you are.” Sehun whispered out.

The innocent doe like eyes of Luhan was immediately replaced with his cold gaze. “Watch your language, kid.” He spit out. “I’m your hyung. Better start speaking with some respect.”

Slowly, Sehun’s back lowered into his previous crouching form as Luhan’s words cut him deeper and deeper.

“You’re such a baby at times. I can’t believe I actually thought you’d be mature enough for me. How old are you, Sehun? Being jealous over a pity thing such as simple friendly skinship? I suggest you grow up if you want me around you still.” Sehun knew exactly that being around didn’t just mean physically, but emotionally, where they can share feelings and talk without a barrier. In a more direct way, he was threatening Sehun of breaking up with him.

Slowly, Sehun’s head rolled from left to right as he shook his head no. “I’m sorry, hyung. Please forgive me.” The words rolled off his tongue, feeling all too familiar.

Sehun had lost count of how many times he had said those words to Luhan after whatever argument or “discussion” they would have. No matter who’s real fault it was, Sehun would ALWAYS apologize. Why? He was too emotionally attached to Luhan. His heart was hurting, but at least it was beating. The blood was still pumping through his veins to keep him alive and to see Luhan’s smile, to feel Luhan’s touch, his kisses. If Luhan no longer gave him those, he wouldn’t have a reason to live. He wouldn’t be able to look at Luhan, and not be able to wrap his arms around the shorter, but older male, to feel his kisses on his own lips. He just couldn’t live like that. Receiving little affection and love from Luhan was better than not receiving any at all.

 

After that eventful night, Luhan returned to being that same happy-go-lucky he’s known to be among fans and everyone else. Sehun didn’t think he wasn’t a happy person and that everything was fake. No, he fell for that happy, warm aura that surrounds Luhan, and it still surrounds Luhan.

“What’s wrong, maknae?” Suho placed a hand on Sehun’s shoulder, snapping him out of his thoughts as he turned to face Suho.

“Nothing.” He replied absentmindedly as he tried to pick up where he left off in his thoughts of Luhan.

Suho took a seat beside Sehun on the couch as he grabbed the remote off the coffee table in front of them. “Really? You don’t seem fine.” He commented while flipping through the channels to find his favorite drama airing at the moment.

“I’m fine.” Sehun got up, about to leave because talking about Luhan’s behavior made him feel childish and immature, like what Luhan had previously told him.

Suho didn’t push the topic further as he stopped on the right channel of his SBS drama. “If you need anything, I’m here to talk to you.” He sent Sehun a warm smile.

Sehun only nodded at his offer before retreating into the room he shared with Suho for his alone thinking time again.

It was approaching that day where EXO would become one big group of twelve again as they attend the Mnet Asian Music Award show together. That would mean putting on fan service for the cameras and fans. Sehun wasn’t sure if he’s ready to face Luhan again after the words that Luhan left him to ponder upon since the last time.

Laying on his bed with his arms behind his head, Sehun thought back to when Luhan used to just limit his hands on just Sehun. He wanted to call Luhan and ask him for a reason, he knew that he’d have more courage when he’s not actually facing Luhan, without having his eyes scan him up and down when he talked about the touchy subject. He knew that he could just picture himself being somewhere else while having the conversation with Luhan. He knew that he could show any type of emotion on his face without Luhan being able to use said emotion against him.

His hand was halfway to grasping his phone in his hand when a knock sounded at the door before Kai came in. “What’s up?” He asked nonchalantly before sitting down at the edge of the bed.

This surprised Sehun for a moment. Kai doesn’t just walk in and ask him “what’s up” everyday.

“What do you want?” Sehun asked back as he placed the same emotionless face back on.

Kai rolled his eyes before talking “Just stop it, Oh Sehun. You’re gonna explode if you keep everything bubble up.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He replies but sat up straight to face Kai anyways, as if he’s ready to talk, which he was. He wanted someone to understand him.

“Okay, if you don’t want to talk about your problem, then I’ll talk about mine. Do you think I should wear the red jacket that’s in the deep cherry red shade with the bigger and shiner sparkles tomorrow, or the brighter red but it seems more innocent, and girls love that innocent but y look.”

And Kai wasn’t going to be the one to understand him. “The deep red.” Sehun picked without giving it a second thought, not that he really cared.

“Thanks, you’re the best.” Kai replied before he ran out of the room and called what seems to be one of the coordi-noonas up to tell her his decision.

Sehun fell back on his bed and let out a long sigh.

The next morning came fast. Sehun guessed he must have passed out on his bed that night and Suho came back and placed a blanket over him when he saw that he woke up with one but didn’t remember pulling it over himself last night.

“You’re up early.” Suho commented when Sehun rose from his be and rubbed his eyes.

“Yeah.” He confirmed before pulling his tall form up and into the washroom to freshen up before the day start. Today was going to be the day that he sees Luhan again. Is Luhan going to be cold towards him now?

Once the EXO boys filed into the dressing room, each boy had at least one coordi-noona working on their hair and make up while the other half was sent into the rooms to change into their red carpet outfit. Sehun didn’t even glance at Luhan, he couldn’t. His heart would just confuse him more to see Luhan looking so beautifully handsome in the white tux, like an angel, a total opposite to his real opinion on Luhan at the moment

Luhan didn’t seem to mind the lack of attention from Sehun as he continued to laugh and joke along with the other members, most specifically Baekhyun this time. His hands would reach out and touch him occasionally, Baekhyun didn’t seem to take the action into much consideration as he didn’t even react to the short connection the two held for a short while.

From the corner of Sehun’s view from stealing glances at Luhan through the mirror in front of him as a noona was working on his hair and makeup, he spotted Yixing looking at him. Sehun knew he had been caught and immediately averted his gaze somewhere else.

“Sehun, wanna have a word with me once you’re done?” Yixing asked gently when he sat in the unoccupied chair next to Sehun.

“Sure, hyung.” Sehun forced the two simple words out with such heavy thoughts of what Yixing, the quiet guy would want to talk about.

After the noona told him he was ready, Sehun took a long gulp of water from his bottle on the table before heading out towards the back entrance stairs where Yixing was.

“Hi, hyung.” Sehun greeted the back figure of Yixing.

No words were heard and Sehun took it as a sign for him to approach the man before he would start talking. “What did you want to talk about?” Sehun asked.

“What’s going on with you and Luhan? Usually you’re connected by the hips, but today you haven’t even greeted him properly.” Yixing skipped right to what he wanted to talk about.

Yixing wanted to talk to him. He asked, like many others, but Sehun liked Yixing. He liked him because he has this really calm aura around him, he was quite good at secrets, unlike what he seemed to be on TV. He was a man of his words. Sehun and Yixing got to know each other well during trainee periods. He would occasionally treat Sehun to lunch and vice versa when they catch the other spending lunch time practicing instead of refueling their energy like everyone else.

“We’re just… Going through some hard times.” More like just Sehun was, Luhan seemed perfectly happy when he chatted with Baekhyun and would call Minseok by his pet name.

“I can see that. Want to tell me why?” Yixing pressed on.

Sehun thought this over. Was it acceptable to tell Yixing that he felt uncomfortable, jealous even when Luhan touched him? Would Yixing laugh at him and tell him to stop being such a baby?

“Whatever it is, I’ll try my best to help you.” Yixing promised.

Sehun clasped his hands together before talking. Both not looking at the other. “I don’t like it when Luhan touches you guys. It makes me feel like .” Sehun said in one low breath.

Yixing didn’t say anything as he took the information in and analyzed it. “I know what you mean.” He spoke at last. “Just know that Luhan loves you. He’s just being like that to please the fans.”

“I want the fans to ship Hunhan. Not any other ships.” Sehun whispered lowly, finally admitting his jealousy and more childish behavior.

“And that’s not wrong. He is your boyfriend after all. I don’t approve of Luhan’s methods of self advertisement either. He already has enough fans as it is with that baby face.” Yixing chuckles at the strange metaphor.

Sehun nodded at this as the corners of his lips pulled up in a slight smile when the flashes of Luhan’s angelic smile came to mind.

“He’s just being friendly. I can tell that the way he touches any of us isn’t anything like when he touches you. You have something special. We’re all more like a friendly gesture kind of thing.” Yixing assured him.

“Hyung, I still don’t like it.” Sehun pouted at his hyung.

This brought an instant smile on Yixing’s face, making him show his cute dimples. Sehun reached out and poked said dimple, making the both of them burst out into giggles.

“You’re too cute, Sehun-ah.” Yixing complimented.

“Thanks hyung, your dimple is cute too.” Sehun returned the compliment as the two became another fit of giggles.

The door knob rattled and soon the noise of people shouting backstage could be heard, intruding the quiet atmosphere around Sehun and Yixing. “What’s going on here?” Luhan suddenly joined the duo at the stairs.

“Hi, Lu.” Yixing greeted happily, forgetting about the rough patch Sehun was still going through towards Luhan.

“Sehun, what are you doing here alone with Yixing?” Luhan directed his question to his boyfriend, who changed from the cute maknae back to the face member of EXO.

 

“I was talking to Yixing hyung.” Sehun answered back bitterly.

 
Anger was slowly rising in the maknae’s wide chest. How dare Luhan use that tone of voice to him when all he did was have a verbal conversation with his hyung while Luhan goes around with his dirty hands, touching everyone.
 
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Luhan snapped back.
 
“Why do I have to tell you? Does it concern you in any way? Should I tell you whenever I blow my nose too?” Sehun called back, finally fed up with the way Luhan kicked him around whenever it came to the topic of other members involved.
 
“Excuse me?” Luhan growled back lowly, threatening Sehun.
 
“Whatever, Lu.” Sehun pushed Luhan’s chest away with one hand as the other one reached out to the door handle that separated the stairs from the rest of the backstage commotion going on in preparation for the big award show.
 
“Come back here, Oh Sehun!” Luhan called after his boyfriend when Sehun walked through the door.
 
“Stop it. Just stop, Luhan.” Yixing called.
 
“What did you say to him? Why is he all of a sudden mad at me?” Luhan asked Yixing, worry evident in his voice.
 
“Luhan, I didn’t tell him anything. It’s more like what he told me.”
 
“What did he tell you?” Luhan inquired.
 
“I’m sure he’s told you, but you just chose to ignore him.”
 
Yixing left Luhan alone to think over the words and also because he has no interest in what Luhan had to say on the topic, he’d much rather see the protective and defensive side of Luhan come out and he knew exactly how he was going to bring it out.
 
“Sehun-ah, walk with me.” Yixing smiled at the maknae, putting out his hand for Sehun to take.
 
Sehun looked a little skeptic at this. He wasn’t to type to try and get Luhan jealous. He didn’t want to fight fire with fire, that was more Kai’s thing. He was about to reject until everyone else was partnering up, ready to walk together. Kris was directing everyone while Luhan was still nowhere to be seen. Yixing did let him vent to him, it would feel wrong to reject Yixing’s innocent proposal.
 
“Coming, hyung.” Sehun called before he closed up his bag and walked over to Yixing.
 
The two got in line behind the other members, waiting for the line to walk out the door before Luhan came into view, he was left to walk with Jongdae, who was last to receive his makeup treatment. Luhan didn’t mind, he liked everyone. He felt a pang of disappointment roll over his heart when Sehun was talking casually with Yixing.
 
“Luhan, you okay?” Jongdae asked as he noticed how tightly he was clutching his hands into fists by his side.
 
“Peachy.” The baby faced boy spit back, causing Jongdae to want to sprint to Minseok’s side along with Suho.
 
“Hyung, lets go.” Jongdae motioned them forward when the members ahead was starting to leave with Kris and Tao at the front followed by Baekyeol.
 
The whole walk was torture for Luhan. He was unhappy to see Sehun with Yixing instead of by his side, where he should be. At all times. Luhan wasn’t trying to be unreasonable, but they’re dating! They should be spending every last minute together. Not avoiding each other. He misses Sehun terribly during his stages and time in China, he would always wish Sehun was in their group instead of Minseok at times, but would immediately slap that thought away. He loves Minseok. He loves everyone. He especially loves Sehun. His Sehun.
 
Throughout the rest of the program, Luhan tried his best to keep that never faltering smile on his face. He didn’t want the other members to question him. He was happy to be here. Especially happy how his and Sehun’s seats are by each other. Luhan would steal back hugs to Sehun whenever he seemed it was appropriate and wouldn’t get scold by the other adults.
 
“What is it, Luhan?” Sehun barked at the boy after Luhan walked by and slapped his .
 
“What?” He said with his best innocent face.
 
“Stop it.” Sehun growled out before he left to Yixing’s side, who was taking to Suho.
 
Luhan pouted as he followed his boyfriend. The insoles the noonas made him wear allowed Luhan to be the same height as Sehun, for now at least.
 
“Baby, why are you avoiding me?” Luhan asked once they were backstage, waiting for their performance stage.
 
“Go away, Luhan. I don’t want to talk to you.”
 
Luhan’s bottom lips jutted out in annoyance. “Sehun-ah! Stop being childish.” Luhan demanded as his voice was starting to drip aeygo.
 
“Says the one doing aeygo.” Sehun muttered to himself.
 
“Places!” The backstage manager called out to EXO.
 
Luhan pulled Sehun to him and planted a quick kiss on his lips before pulling away and quickly running over to his position.
 
Sehun was dazed for a moment but immediately got brought back to reality when Kai came over and slapped him on the back. “GREAT CHOICE, SEHUN!” He screamed over the noise coming from the managers and staff barking orders at everyone. “I do look great in this jacket!”
 
Sehun nodded at this. The rest of the show went by in a blur. Luhan kissed him. On the lips. With other people around.
 
After the show, EXO piled into their van and drove to the hotel. Hunhan would always share a room even if the orders wasn’t like that. No one had to the heart to keep the lovers away, they would always exchange roommates with one another until Hunhan shared a room together.
 
That night, Sehun made sure he was the first to take a shower and hopefully be asleep by the time Luhan finished his and wouldn’t wake him up to talk.
 
That plan was foiled with he found himself not able to fall asleep since the bed wasn’t his. The room was too cold and the familiar dosage of Luhan was nowhere near him. The shower stopped and he knew even if he wasn’t asleep, he was going to have to pretend like he was. Shutting his eyes quickly and to his side facing the edge of the bed, Sehun tried to keep his breathing even and eyes sealed shut.
 
“Sehun-ah.” Came the voice when Sehun felt the bed dip, indicating that Luhan has joined him in bed.
 
Luhan’s arm soon creeped over Sehun’s abdomen and pulled the younger against his chest. “Talk to me.” He begged.
 
Sehun tried his best to not cave in so early to Luhan like how he would always. “Sehun, I’m sorry. I didn’t think it would affect you so much.” It didn’t take a genius to know what Luhan was talking about.
 
“I’ll stop if you want. I just… I just want to help promote EXO further. I had no intentions of causing you any harm.” Luhan confessed.
 
“Stop.” Sehun voiced out at last.
 
Luhan kept quiet. He wasn’t sure if Sehun wanted him to stop being overly touchy friendly with the other members or to stop talking to him. He kept quiet for a minute before opening his mouth again.
 
“I love you, Sehun-ah.” Luhan spoke against Sehun’s back. “So much.”
 
Sehun turned around to face his lover. “Hyung, I want you to stop yourself. EXO can make it big without you having to do fan service all the time.” Sehun spoke up.
 
“You’re right. Hunhan will be the best ship there is!” Luhan spoke confidently, knowing he already got Sehun to forgive him.
 
“You better stop. If I hear Layhan, Xiuhan, or Kailu one more time, we’re over.” Sehun warned his boyfriend.
 
“Promise. Let’s get bubble tea tomorrow, shall we?” Luhan offered, knowing it would instantly get his boyfriend out of this serious mode he was in.
 
And Luhan was right. Sehun turned right back into that adorable maknae that Luhan loves so much. “You’re gorgeous, did you know that?” He asked Sehun.
 
“Thanks, hyung. You’re not half bad yourself.” Sehun said as both of them chuckled lowly in the silent night.
 
Luhan was the first one again to press his lips onto Sehun. It wasn't anything hot, just a simple touch of the lips, but it felt so light, so carefree, so… Innocent. They both felt at peace knowing that the two of them have gotten over another bump in the road on their path to forever. Limbs wrapped around each other, Sehun with his head tucked in Luhan’s neck as he inhaled the sweet scent of his skin. Luhan had his hand softly massaging Sehun’s recently abused scalp from the hair color treatments.
 
“I love you, hyung. A lot.” Sehun told the ladder before his lips kissed the skin on Luhan’s neck.
 
A smile grace Luhan’s features in the dark as his arms pulled Sehun closer to his chest. The two of them falling asleep the best way they could: in each other’s arms.