Boy friend what?

You're Not My Type

 

Break fast: 

Naeun stares at the food on her plate with no expression. She just starts playing with it with the fork she's holding. She just doesn't feel right, about everything. She just wakes up with this strange feeling that today is going to be a very tough day, considering what happened yesterday. Seeing how strange Naeun is, he feels uneasy about this.

'What's wrong?' He asked, looking at her directly in the eyes. But, her eyes just don't find their way to his.

'Nothing' She replied with a sigh. *I'm not feeling like talking right now*

'When I ask what's wrong, I'd expect a very long answer' 

'I'm sorry. I really don't feel like talking right now' 

Myungsoo lets a sigh in response. *Just like that, when I try to get closer, she takes a step back. It just encourages me to reconsider*

 

They finished their breakfast and walk to school together but no word was spoken. Naeun puts on her non-expressioned face and Myungsoo puts on his I'm-tired-of-this face. Naeun walks into her classroom and the first thing that comes into her head is Bomi. Bomi is sitting with her eyes staring at her phone as usual but today she has ear phones stuffed into her ears, totally ignoring the world. Naeun puts on a fake smile on her face before turning to Bomi and pokes her shoulder. Bomi turns to her with her coldest expression, causing Naeun shivers a bit. 

'Annyeong' Naeun says nervously with an awkward wave.

'Annyeong' Bomi replies with her calm tone, too calm which makes Naeun feels like she's not even interested. Naeun realizes immediately that she's still mad. 

'Are you still mad at me?' 

'What? Did you do something wrong?' Bomi asks and puts on a blank expression on her face; making it obvious that she's being sarcastic. Naeun feels like breaking down immediately, seeing her close friend acting like this toward her. *Please.. I'm not feeling so well* 

'I did something wrong. I didn't tell you about what's going on between Myungsoo and I'

'Is that a mistake? I thought it's called preference. It's obviously not a mistake' Bomi gives Naeun a short lecture. Naeun closed her eyes and bited her lower lip.

'I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I don't know if it's called preference or what else' She paused for a few seconds before continues, 'But as soon as it relates with making someone feeling uneasy, I feel like it's a mistake, for me at least' 

Bomi didn't reply; just as how Naeun wished she wouldn't. Time went by so slow today for Naeun even though everything she did in each lesson is staring blanking to the front, with her mind thinking about everything, just every random thing. *How wrong am I? Are all A-Pink members mad at me? How to make Bomi stop acting like this? Where is my mom? Is she fine? What's Myungsoo doing right now? Is he listening to teacher or to music?*

 

Finally, breaktime comes. Naeun lets out another big sigh. She stuffs her things into her bag and drags herself spiritlessly to the canteen. Namjoo immediately waves at her as soon as she sees Naeun; without any other option, Naeun smiles in response.

'Annyeong' She says to A-Pink with the fake smile still visible on her face.

'Sit here, Naeun' Chorong offers with her hand patting on the chair on her right.

'Thanks, unnie' Naeun thanks with a smile before seating herself. Everyone looks at each other awkwardly; not knowing what to talk about first. They have many things in heads to talk but it mostly relates with Naeun and they wonder if it's the right time. 

'I'm..sorry' Naeun says softly. *I don't know how many more sorry should be spoken by me to reduce my guilt toward them. Complicated*

'Naeun-ah' Eunji calls her name and pats her should before continues, 'Are you feeling wrong right now? If you are, you should stop it. Obviously, everyone would do the same as you. Everyone tries to avoid as much problem as possible' 

'Stop apologizing us, unnie. We've heard enough already and the problem is very understandable' Hayoung comforts. Naeun feels better, at least. 

She lets out a smile, a more sincere one.

'Where is your boy friend?' Yookyung jokes, nearly causes Naeun to burst into laughter but she manages to hold it in. 

At least she feels better when something gets funny, especially when it relates to Myungsoo.

'Boy friend what?' Naeun asks back, avoiding from burdensome questions. She's not in an accepting attitude right now.

 

Myungsoo was passing the table just to overheard Yookyung asking Naeun 'Where's your boy friend?' and Naeun answering 'Boy friend what?'. He scoffed quietly to himself, feeling damn uneasy. This is very unexpected for him, he can just listen to it in disbelief. He swears at that moment that he regrets doing everything for her. *Is it just me who get crazy over this all alone? Wow.. Sincerely admire you, Son Naeun, for pissing me off once again just in one morning*

 

Last period comes, it is history class. It's the period of the teacher that Naeun dislikes the most among all. Naeun stares at Bomi who is still ignoring her. She feels so uneasy when Bomi is acting like this; she hates it. Everyone in A-Pink forgives her except for Bomi. Naeun thinks about everything all over again and she still feels so wrong toward Bomi. She doesn't know why she's still not forgiven. Finally, a tear escapes from her eys. She quickly wipes it away but more and more tears are coming. Suddenly, she just can't control herself. She lands her head table and quickly wraps both of her arms around her head; hiding her face from everyone's sight. The sudden action and sound catches Bomi's attention. She quickly turns to Naeun who already hides her face with her arms. Bomi is about to continue her act but she hears Naeun sniffs. She panics immediately and starts guessing what's with Naeun. 

'Are you.. crying?' Bomi asks and hesitantly puts her hand on Naeun's back. Naeun mentally sighs deeply in relief. *Finally, Yoon Bomi talks to me*

'Are you ignoring me right now?' Bomi asks as she sees no response from Naeun. Naeun shakes her head which is still lying on the table. 

She doesn't want anyone to know that she's crying; she doesn't want to be judged.

'This time, I will call it a mistake. Because you're lying to me' Bomi says, gets Naeun panicked.

Naeun quickly sits up straight. Her red eyes are facing Bomi.

'Why are you crying?' Bomi asks for reason, no need to ensure that Naeun was crying or not since it's already obvious enough.

'Because of.. you' Naeun answers honestly. She doesn't care how Bomi would feel with this anymore. 

'What did I even do to you?' 

'You were ignoring me!' 

Bomi bursts into laughter immediately. Naeun looks at her weirdly and wonders what's going on.

'I succeed, Naeun, I succeed' Bomi says; still laughing.

'What?' Naeun gets more and more clueless.

'I was feeling bad for you keeping secrets from me so I decided to put on a show and you believe it!' 

'WHAT?' Naeun screams in disbelief. *Me, being fooled by everyone, as usual*

'SON.NA.EUN. WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY CLASSROOM?' The teacher shouts from the front. Naeun and Bomi just gulp and keep quiet.

But Naeun's heart is at peace now. *Finally, oh my god, finally. It's peaceful now. Stupid Yoon Bomi*

 

DING DONG DING DONG

 

'I'll go first then' Bomi says and waves to Naeun before disappearing into the hall way. Naeun is standing in front of her classroom, waiting for her prince.

'Myungsoo!' Naeun calls his name as soon as he's visible in her vision and runs quickly to him. But there's no reaction in reponse from him. 

Naeun starts to feel weird. 

'How were classes?' Naeun asks, trying to start a conversation.

'Normal' Myungsoo replies coldly. 

He still cannot get over what he overheard this afternoon. He feels stupid for treating her with all of his efforts.

Naeun gets suspicious so she takes a closer look on his face. His expression is cold, so cold that Naeun shivers a bit. 

'Are you okay?' Naeun asks, feeling worried for this strange behavior.

'Why do you care?' *Why the hell should she even care about me?*

This response slaps Naeun in the face. Naeun panics and is at loss of words to respond. *What's wrong.. with him? No Kim Myungsoo, not after I've solved all the problems. Do not give me another one* 

'It has been a very long day for me. I go around apologizing people without knowing what my mistakes are'

'That's you. You pay attention to unnecessary things and stay unaware of serious things' 

*What is he trying to say?* 

'Did I upset you without knowing myself?'

Myungsoo closed his eyes and bited his lips, wondering whether he should tell her or not.

'At least tell me my mistake. I hate being clueless' Naeun suggests.

'It's not a mistake but you .. pissed me off' Myungsoo says it out. *Phew~ Feel better*

'What did I do?' Naeun asked, not knowing what did she do.

'What am I to you, Son Naeun?' Myungsoo asks, being serious. His heart beats faster while waiting for her answer. 

Naeun gets surprised with his question. She finds it kind of funny so she lets out a small laugh. *Is he angry because he doesn't know what he is to me?*

Myungsoo turns to her in disbelief. *Just when I'm being serious, Son Naeun* 

'Do you even love me?' Myungsoo asks, keeping seriousness in his voice. 

Naeun gulps and blushes.  *This question.. is so.. burdensome*

'Maybe?' She replies with a shy smile that comes out naturally. It's good enough that she answers 'maybe'. Someone like Naeun would rather answer 'no' but she doesn't him to get angry again and doesn't feel like... lying to him. 

'Maybe?' Myungsoo scoffed madly as he turns away. *This answer.. is pissing me off. Shouldn't have asked her..* 

Naeun looks at him weirdly. *Shouldn't this be enough?* 

'Let's break up, Son Naeun' He says angrily. Naeun is shocked. 

'W..What?' She utters unknowingly. Her mind goes blank, totally blank. *Did I just mishear something?*

'I don't want to continue the relationship if you are not even sure about your own feeling' *Why the heck should we continue , anyway?*

*I.. love him, so much. I was just joking around with him but...* A tear escapes from her eye.

'This doesn't mean that we'll just split up. I just want to give you some time to figure out your own feeling first' Myungsoo says in frustration but trying to be considerate. *First time in my life, having one-sided love, yes this is coming from the every-girl-wants me, unbelievable. Looking at how she acts, I really thought that she has feelings for me. But.. what's this?*

Naeun didn't reply and just quietly walking beside him until they reached the apartment. *I feel.. crazy*

She lays in her bed with her no-expression face.

*Break up? After 2 or 3 days? I should be the one who ask him 'Do you even love me?'. If he loved me, how can the word 'break up' come out of his mouth so easily like that? As if there's nothing bothering him. I'm feeling so stupid right now. Why have I been thinking about him all day long every day from the start? Give me time to figure out what when I know that I'm insanely in love with him right now. I was feeling incredibly excited and couldn't even believe that it's the reality when he confessed. Because it's like.. a dream but what is it now? Should I just.. give up?*

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Dark side of MyungEun's relationship ;_;

Let's see what'll happen next..

Thanks for the supports! I appreciate that alots :)