His Life

The Homeless and The Heartless [HIATUS]

His Life

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

   Small footsteps were heard, echoing throughout the hallway outside my bedroom. Next, a light knock came outside one of my wide, wooden double doors. It was the same, old routine every day. I mentally sighed to myself.

“Sir Junki.” The maid's sweet voice soothe my body to sink into the mattress' softness. “Sir Junki, it's time to get up.”

My eyes were closed, my body was paralyzed, and for once I didn't want to attend work today. To the stressful work environment of being the 'good' son of the CEO that owns one of the most important companies in South Korea. I overheard him the other day, saying that we finally made it to the 'Top Five' or something of the sort.

My doorknob was turned slowly as the maid slid her head behind the double doors. “Sir Junki, you're going to be late if you don't get up.”

I felt an overheating feeling all over my body as heat became to collect from the thick cover above me. I tossed it to the side, exposing my body to the cooling air surrounding my room. My eyes open to the sight of Miss Kang, one of the maids that was often assigned to wake me up in the morning.

The door causally open enough for her to politely bow at me. “Good morning, sir Junki.” Her hair flipped back to place as she stood straight, her bright eyes looking at me with a smile. “Breakfast will be served in about 30 minutes, so you better hurry along before you miss it!”

I slightly nodded my head at her direction, my eyes looking somewhere else. I try not to look at the lower classes girls in the eye too much. It turns into something called 'affection,' which turns to something ridiculous like 'love.' It's sickening.

“Would you like me to pick out your suit for today's press conference?” She pressed her lips together as one of her hands was busy playing with the ruffles of her uniform. “Mr. Lee is going in a classy black suit with a rich green tie. I picked it out myself for him.”

“No, I have an idea of what I'll be wearing for the conference today.” A fake smile formed on my lips as I glanced at her. “You could go now.”

“A-Ah, yes.” She bowed, quickly coming up sending locks of her hair flying everywhere. “Good luck, Junki. You're going to do great like always.” a bright grin filled half of her plain face, as her eyes smiled along with her.

“Alright.” I lift myself from my humble throne known as my bed and watched the maid let herself out, closing the door carefully behind her.

Finally. I let out a sigh as I saw myself alone in my own room. My eyes ran through it rapidly, passing my fairly priced furniture that I had custom made to be built out of African Blackwood. The wine red carpet floor clash well with the freshly painted beige walls that hang frames of art pieces I have collected over the years.

I found myself looking at my reflection from across the room, lost was printed on my face. I my upper lip and sent a light smirk to my reflection. “Good morning, handsome. It's great to wake up to someone valuable of my own time and money.”

Standing up in seconds while slipping into my slippers, I walked myself over to my personal bathing room. My feet switched walking on the carpet of my bedroom to the coffee brown marvel tiles of my bathroom. I stepped onto the chestnut rug in front of my sink and turned the one of the crystal knob for cold water. I cupped my hands under the running faucet and brought the icy water to my face, giving me a shivering wakening.

"Eh." I stepped backwards and grabbed a small towel for my face to pat my face dry. My eyes were fully open, giving my face a stretch and then returning to normal. I went back to the sink and began my usual morning routine; washing my face, brushing my teeth, shower, then I shave if it is necessary. 

----

   I took a step into the mat in front of my glass shower, reaching for a white towel and wrapping it around my waist. I continued to walk myself to my bedroom, leaving a small trial of dripping water. My fingers lingered around a remote control, and pressed a large green button that in moments, open up the doors of one of my closets. My skilled eyes rolled across my countless amount of suits and sharply spotted a perfect fit for today's activities. I gently took it out of the hangers and placed it on my bed with care.

I dried my body with the towel I had around my waist and swiftly began to get dressed. As I slid my navy blue boxer onto my body, my ears heard a thick knock coming from my doors.

"Junki. Open up." a familiar voice that sicken my stomach called out from behind the doors. "Dad is forcing me to talk to you in person, so open up."

"I'm in the process of dressing... brother dearest." I plainly said, clutching my pants within my hands. I quickly let go as soon as I realized and slipped them on.

He sighed heavily. "I'm trying to wish you luck, you know. If you want to hear it or not, face-to-face, or behind a damn door, I'm going to say it."

"I don't need your luck. Are you forgetting I'm Lee Junki, the current age of 23? I'm not attend the first day of school or performing on a test."

"You know what, bro?" His voice was sharp, but I knew he was boiling with anger.

"What?" I simply said with a care tone.

"Nothing. It's a waste of time fighting with you. You don't care about anyone but yourself." he spoke out, each word containing its own bit of bitterness.

I got my dress shirt and began to button it up. As that task was finished, I slid on my blazer and s my dark red tie around the collar of my dress shirt. My eyes sneaked over to the view of my double doors, sending curious thoughts to my mind. To test if my brother was still there, I playfully said, "Why don't you go hang out with your punk friends and cause trouble around the city? That will get father's attention for a moment."

A brief silence took over the atmosphere, sending an icy chill down my spine. I ignored it and went on to tie my tie to perfection as always. As I walked over to my cabinet where I kept most of my footwear, an irritating smack come upon one of my doors.

"You're going to hurt yourself. Those doors are solidly made with-" before I could finish my sentence I heard him cursing at me as he angrily marched throughout the hall. A light smirk appeared on my face as I finish getting ready.

That brother of mines. My mind stated, without me processing a thought. Why am I thinking about him now? He's just a punk who doesn't know how to live the right life for himself. The life of being the son of an important, wealthy man. He's the 'troubled' son, the one who thinks no one understand him or know who he really is. He's just confused, most teenagers are because of their hormones.

But since mother left, he's been different.

His personality grew dark with grief, turning his life up-side-down. He drop his true friends for a couple of low life punks you could find lingering on the streets. Money doesn't interest him nor those our family business. All he care for now is...

I paused for a second and ran my fingers through my hair, combing it back neatly. My brother and I don't have a strong bond like other siblings. We are the opposite ends of a coin, I'm the heads and he's the tails. There's nothing much to it. I took one last glance of myself in the mirror and walked out of my room, heading downstairs for breakfast.

 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you for reading!

Comment. Subscribe. Share.

- RawrImaPanda