Her Life

The Homeless and The Heartless [HIATUS]

Her Life

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
 

   The earth woke up to the humble rays of the mighty sun as a pastel blue shade took over the starry night of Busan, South Korea. The tame wind danced a smooth tango with the restored trees from Winter, as a light breeze was passing through their freshly green leaves. It was a typical Spring day for South Korea's 2nd largest city and it seem like the warmest in the past two years.

A bright blue headphone was covering my pale ears, while blocking all the street noises with the sweet sound of Indie music. My legs were brought close to my chest, giving me a chance to rest my head on my knees. I slightly chew on my bottom lip from the old hunger I had as my long fringe covered my eyes from the bright world.


I believe if I didn't have my music with me, I'll go mad. People believe living the way I do must be the hardest of any task. Others believe I'm hopeless because I haven't tried to get my life back together. If they only knew I lost some of the puzzles pieces of my old life and it's pretty difficult to cover it up.

I'm homeless, so what? At least, I'm not dead on the streets. Yet. . . I sighed as I drew a deep breath in to calm my nerves. All my life, I learned to never take things for granted because sooner or later they will leave your side. I had to enjoy every second I had of it. When I used to live with my parents, I didn't have the perfect, happy youth memories every child was supposed to have. I wasn't a princess, I didn't have those cute dresses with bows on them and I didn't have all the cool toys of the season. I had food, clean water, and a somewhere warm to sleep everyday. That's all I needed, my father used to say to me, but one day, he will win the lottery and buy us a big house and all the dolls I wanted. At that age and time, I had to believe in him. He was all I had that wasn't dying more each day that passed.

 

My mother. . .

Well, she ended up passing away on the 5th day of November. She always loved November because of all the food and love around that month, so I'm guessing she died happy. Or so I hope. My father, along with myself, were left in a huge debt because of my mother's medication and her funeral. The debt was so large that I didn't think we will pay it off. We moved constantly, place to place, avoiding the loan sharks that would follow us. It all really to experience as a nine-year old. I got used to it, I think, over the years passed. My father told me, my only job was to study and work hard for my grades. He didn't want to see me like him, with no future or goals. I did, but I was hard. Not because of the subjects or teacher, but the rude, idiotic classmates I had. They used to call me names like, “Rag Doll” or “Loose Change.” I laughed at them before I took a swing at their face. I had to teach them, I was fearless, I wasn't going to break so easily.


I guess that attitude didn't take me so far as I planned. My secret dream was always to become a painter, or maybe a composer. I didn't have the funds for it, nor was I taken seriously by the look of my outer appearance. So. . . here I am, sitting on a wooden bench nearby a park, alone. At least, I have J Rabbit's voice to keep me some company for the time being. A smile formed on my lips as I listen to her cheerful expression throughout the song. Anyone will be so lucky to have her as a friend. If you're ever cure with the blues, she will sing you to happiness.

 

I lifted my head out of my knees and lowered my legs to the flat surface in front of me. I stretched my arms up to the air, mentally trying to reach for the warm sun.

“Ah.” I groaned as I got up from my sitting position and suddenly felt the weight of the book bag I was carrying on my back. “Time for work, Maeri."

I swiftly collected my belongings, including my large duffel bag, and started my journey to Mr. Bean's Coffee Shop.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you for reading!

Comment. Subscribe. Share.

- RawrImaPanda