Know You

Esa (Only One)

Two days had passed since I met Gun Shin, the violin woman. I couldn't get her off of my mind. Her smile was haunting me in my sleep. For the first time a woman was disturbing my mind and made me couldn't work.

Later, my colleague and best friend, Lee Dongwook called me. He asked me out for a drinking night. And he said our other friend, his brother would bring a friend with him. I knew Dongwook would think about get together on weekend night. Maybe a little Soju will make me feel better.

But I didn't expect it would turn out like those drama my Mom always watched. Here I was, sitting with my friends while laughing the joke they made. But not long after that I was stunned when one of my friend, Lee Donggun came with someone.

"Hyung~!" Dongwook called him with bright smile. "Oh, you came with Shin-ah."

"YA, are you already drunk?" was the response of the said man hitting his brother's head with his hand.

"I'm not!"

"Oh, who's that girl you bring with, Donggun-ah?" Kim Sunah asked, our senior and group leader.

"Maybe she is his new girlfriend," Lee Youngah said, our maknae and the shiest in our group, "Donggun sunbae always changes his partner every few weeks." But her words can be painful sometime.

"No, she is not my girlfriend. Don't make the wrong assumptions," Donggun denied with an exasperated sigh. "It's not the first time I bring her to our get together." He said with a frown marred his face.

"When?" Sunah asked, confused.

And at that time Hyunbin interrupted their conversations, "Ah, that's right. Sunah sunbae, Jaewon hyung, and Youngah were not here last time. You guys missed the fun time!"

"Who's with you, Donggun-ah?" Hwangbo, our tomboyish lady general showed up in the last minute before I lost my mind from asking myself why Donggun with her from all of the girl in this world. "Shin-ssi, you came!" the Lady General exclaimed then went forward to hug the new girl.

"It's been awhile, Hwangbo-ssi." That girl smiled while hugging Hwangbo back.

Then Donggun interrupted the two women by clearing his throat. "Well, let me introduce you guys with my friend. This is Gun Shin. Please be nice to her."

"Annyeonghaseyo. Nice to meet you." She said still smiling. The same smile when I met her in the park for the first time.

"Shin, you already know Hyunbin and Hwangbo but let me introduce you with my other friends. The old lady here is Kim Sunah, then the short one is Lee Youngah, and the last one is Kim Jaewon, my buddy."

Finally she looked at me and as I expected she was shocked to see me here.

"Lonely ahjussi!" Shin exclaimed while pointing her finger to me. How rude.

"Why are you calling me that?" I grumbled and drink my shot.

"Eh? Did you two already know each other?" Hwangbo asked and look surprised. But then she was grinning. That wasn't good.

"Well, sort of..." I said to her. I was good at lying but sadly Hwangbo-gun could see through my lies. But oddly she dismissed the chance to tease me.

After that introducement we sat together and have our drinks. Sunah sunbae told Shin about how the seven of us ended up together. I couldn't help but feel a bit nostalgic. They were my college friends, I met them when I joined a community group called 'Hanguk Saram'. At first I only interested because there's only Korean in there and I miss to speak with fellow from the same homeland. Then we found the same interest in music. Sometimes we played our respective instruments and held a little concert.

Our little group leader was Sunah sunbae, being the oldest among us, she worked for big company and had been enganged with the company president's son. She said that she was happy that her dream would come true.

The second eldest was Hwangbo, even though in Korean's age we are in the same age. Hwangbo is the Lady General, acted like a man but has feminine side in her. We can't bully her, but she will bully us. She liked to tease us a lot. She was the most outgoing person I ever met and has many friends and connections outside of our circle.

Then Donggun hyung, but I never used formality with him because we're on the same age even if we are on the different year. He became my best friend with his little brother, Dongwook who was in the same year as me. I was between these two and they always drag me to their parties, especially Dongwook. Donggun owned a high class reastaurant. And Dongwook worked at my father's company of instrumental maker industry, just like me.

The next one is Hyunbin, the youngest male in our group. We just called him 'Hyunbin' but I forgot why. He was just like Dongwook, easy-going and moodmaker of our group. He was the victim of our Noonas' bully (Sunah and Hwangbo). And last, Youngah our maknae and most dangerous woman with her sharp tongue. Well, she didn't intentionally hurt people's feelings just she knows how to make people down and not mess with her. Innocent as her face, don't mess with that shark maniac or you would be her pet's fodder.

I thought it was nice that I had met them and become their friends.