Meet you

Esa (Only One)

Seventeen years had passed. I was twenty seven years old guy, single, and successful with my career. I had many friends and even admirers. But that's not important.

One day I went to the park with lots of maple tree. It reminded me of her. I sat on the bench and thought a lot about her. Where is she now? Did she live well? Whether she was still waiting or already move on with her life.

Suddenly, a young woman appeared in front of me. She hold a violin and its bow in her right hand with her left hand behind her back. She asked me whether I wanted to request a song from her. She said she will played it for free because I looked lonely and need a company. Well, she was right about that. But I felt like she was mocking me. So, here I was requesting such a hard song for Korean to understand, a French song 'Vois sur ton chemin' or 'Look to Your Path'  from film 'Les Choritas'. I told the song by its French title.I wanted to take back at her but how wrong I was.

She smiled at me and said, "Good choice." And she started playing the tune from the song I requested.

It shocked me because she had played it so well. Her tunes made me see the path to where the promised maple tree was and the silhoutte of the girl, without realizing I already shed a tear. She stopped playing when she saw my tears.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"For what?" I asked while wiping my tears.

"For made you cry." She answered with a pout.

I laughed, too loud for my liking. The young woman looked at me like I was crazy. But she smiled gently after that. How did she make me shed a tear then broke out laughing like a mad man? Then I remembered about the past again. That girl did the same to me. I had some kind of weird feeling about that.

"Finally, you smiled, Ahjussi." Said the young woman.

She called me 'Ahjussi'. It sounded weird to me. "I'm not too old to be called 'Ahjussi'. My name is Kim Jaewon. Kim-Jae-Won!" I told her.

"Arasseo, you feel younger when people called you by name. My name is Kwon Shin. Nice to meet you, Kim Jaewon-ssi!" She said with confident and smile like there is no end to it.

From that moment I knew it. My world wouldn't be the same without her. That was our first meeting after those years. And I didn't know she was the same person with the little girl from the past.