:1:

Anywhere With You

 

 
 
|:1:|
 
 
 
Jonghyun sets his eyes on the black tuxedo that hung on his dresser. There's a million things that he wants to do besides put on that damned clothing. He'd rather play the piano and the guitar all day. Play with his dog, Roo. Annoy the hell out of his hyung, Onew, because it was fun. Gush over Taemin. The again, annoy Minho. 
 
 
 
There's a million things that he would rather do than put on that god forsaken tuxedo. A million chances that he could've said it, but never really did, missed chances of telling three simple words to Key. To say those sincere words of 'I love you' to Key. 
 
 
 
Jonghyun lowers his head and just silently laughs at his stupidity. 
 
 
 
He dates other girls just to show off because he can't confess to Key no matter how much he tries to do so. He wasn't stupid. He was just a coward. 
 
 
 
Jonghyun stands up from his seat on the bed and walks off to the bathroom to take a shower. He turns on the shower, pulls off his black wife-beater, his sweatpants and boxers and goes over to the shower head. 
 
 
 
The water's too hot and soon after his skin turns pink but he doesn't care at the slightest. There's no feeling. He's numb, just like a puppet being controlled. 
 
 
 
There's a little voice that Jonghyun follows on that day. He's not sure if it was even his own voice, but saneness be damned, he followed the voice. 
 
 
 
Get out of the shower Jonghyun.
 
 
 
He follows the voice and wraps himself with a towel. He looks at his reflection on the mirror. He examines how a mess he's become the past few months, but this had to be the worst. 
 
 
 
He didn't get an ounce of sleep last night, the bags under his eyes visible, eyes that were supposed to be full of life were now red-rimmed showing the remnants of the tears that fell from his eyes to the sheets. His nose so red that it makes him look like Rudolph the reindeer. 
 
 
 
He laughs quietly at his joke, "Heh, Rudolph." 
 
 
 
There's nothing funny really. But he just has to laugh because it hurts too much.  
 
 
---
 
Jonghyun remembers the time when he and Key were still training for their debut. He remembers the time when he and Key would go upstairs to the rooftop and just lie there just relax from the day's harsh training. He remembers how he tells jokes to Key. How Key would laugh that loud obnoxious but very contagious laugh of his. 
 
 
 
There's no stars up on the sky, but Jonghyun doesn't care. He lying beside his friend--best friend and that's all that matters. 
 
 
---
 
 
 
Jonghyun has seen Key cry so many times. He's there to comfort him as always. But there's always someone that comes to Key personally and make him feel better. Someone he envies the most because he's there for Key when Jonghyun isn't.
 
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
Jonghyun looks at his reflection on the mirror. He's handsome as always. But there's something missing that makes him himself. He forces a smile, practices it a few times before he knows for sure that he's masked away everything. 
 
 
 
And with a heavy sigh, he goes over to where the door is and turns the handle walking out of his room. 
 
 
 
He walks until he's at their den, not before grabbing some sheets. He has to sing today. 
 
 
 
He never thought that singing, his lifelong dream, could be someday bring him pain. 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Ah, manager-hyung isn't here yet," Key slumps his shoulder and leans on Jonghyun. He can't get enough of how Key looks so undeniably cute right at that instant. 
 
"He's just a bit late." Jonghyun reasons.
 
"I guess you're right." 
 
Jonghyun loves the simple moments where he can just be with Key.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
 
"I hate you," Key laughs out loud, "I can't believe you did that!" 
 
 
 
They're running away from their donsaengs after a prank that Jonghyun had planned. Jonghyun holds on Key's hands tightly as he can all the while laughing hysterically. 
 
 
 
"Did you see Kai's face?" Jonghyun asks, laughing.
 
 
 
"Oh my god," Key exclaims, "That was the most hysterical thing that I've ever seen." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun smiles and leads them to the roof. They're blinded for a moment because of the sun setting. They breath in and out rapidly because of all the running they did. 
 
 
 
"Ahh, this brings back memories." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun nods and leans back a little, "Yeah..." 
 
 
 
It's a perfect time to tell him, but somehow he just can't. 
 
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
Jonghyun arrives at the venue. He sees Onew coming towards him after he parks his car. 
 
 
 
"Jjong!" He calls out. 
 
 
 
Jonghyun walks over to where Onew was and smiles pleasantly at him, "Hyung." 
 
 
 
Onew gives him one of his famous eye smile, "You made it. I thought you said you wouldn't." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun scoffs playfully, "Me? Miss a special occasion, who do you think I am?" 
 
 
 
Onew shakes his head, "Well whatever, I'm sure the other's will be pleased that you made it, especially Kibum." 
 
 
 
"I guess so." He replies. 
 
 
 
Onew grows confused, "Why, did something happen between the two of you?" 
 
 
 
"No," Jonghyun shakes his head instantly, "You shouldn't worry about me hyung." 
 
 
 
Onew crosses his arms, like the leader Jonghyun remembers him to be, "Now, Kim Jonghyun, it's my job to worry about you." 
 
 
 
"Are you saying I'm a hassle to you, hyung?" Jonghyun jokes but Onew takes it seriously to his account, because he is in leader-slash-boss mode.
 
 
 
"Not at all. But I do know when you're thinking about something. I know you Kim Jonghyun because I was there when you lot grew up. We grew up together Jonghyun, I know you and the rest inside out. What you guys like, what gets in your nerves, everything." 
 
 
 
Silenced by the older the only thing that he said to his leader was, "You don't know the reason though, hyung." 
 
 
 
"Surprise me then." The older taunted.
 
 
 
Jonghyun takes a deep breath and admits the three words that he hasn't told anyone, "I love Key." 
 
 
 
Onew has a satisfied smile on his face when Jonghyun lifts his face up, " I know." 
 
 
 
Taken a back by what Onew had said, Jonghyun retorts, "You know? Then why the heck did you ask me about it in the first place?" 
 
 
 
"Because I want you to be brave enough to admit it to yourself." 
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Go Jjong," Se Kyung smiles at him one day when he took her out to a cafe near her apartment, just to spend time with her. 
 
 
 
He's at shock at what she had just said.
 
 
 
"W-what?"  He stutters. 
 
 
 
"I know," Se Kyung admits, not at all disgusted at what she had found out, "I know that you love him. I don't blame you. He has that charm that can make people fall in love with him." 
 
 
 
"B-but."
 
 
 
Se Kyung laughs, "You're such a cutie, Jjong. I really like you and the times when we dated, they were the best, but I knew that I wasn't the one who got your attention. It was him right?" 
 
 
 
"How did--" 
 
 
 
"Doesn't matter," Se Kyung takes his hand and looks directly at those brown orbs, "I love you, Jjong. But let me tell you something, there's a saying that goes, 'When you love someone set them free.' There's still time. Go. And don't you dare let him go." 
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
He knocks three times at the door waiting for someone to tell him to come in. 
 
 
 
"Come in!" He hears someone's voice and bets that it was Taemin's. 
 
 
He opens the door, he's astonished at what he sees. There's a make-up mirror, just like the ones from their waiting rooms, bouquets of flowers everywhere the white roses were just beautiful. 
 
 
 
But the flowers was not what entranced him, it was Key. He was in a white tuxedo, his hair styled beautifully as always. His eyes were dazzling and captivating. He was just perfect. 
 
 
 
Upon seeing Jonghyun's entrance, Key immediately walked over to where his best friend was. 
 
 
 
"Jjjong! You made it!" Key happily hugged his friend. 
 
 
 
"You're the second one that told me that. Am I that untrustworthy?" Jonghyun laughs. 
 
 
 
Key pouts, "Not really, you just looked like you didn't want to go when I told you." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun hugs his best friend back, "How could I ever miss my best friends big day. You're getting married today. I wouldn't miss it for the world." 
 
 
 
Key lets go of Jonghyun and just smiles at him. Thanking him. 
 
 
 
"Thank you, Jjong. I would've really killed you if you didn't come though, you dino." Cue Key's diva side. 
 
 
 
The door unexpectedly opens  and reveals Minho tall and handsome. 
 
 
 
"What the hell do you think you're doing here Minho?" Key screams bloody murder. 
 
 
 
Minho tilts his head and asks, "What? I can't come see you?"
 
 
Taemin knits his eyebrows, "You're not supposed to be here idiot." 
 
 
 
Minho chuckles not before patting Taemin's shoulders, "I'm sorry, but I just really wanted to see Kibum." 
 
 
 
Taemin rolls his eyes, "You're not supposed to see the bride, idot or else the wedding's not going to happen." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun feels the reality set in, Key's getting married today. He's going to be someone elese's and not his. It certainly wasn't the reality that he wanted. 
 
 
 
"Who the hell are you calling bride?" Key asks angrily, but all meant as a joke. 
 
 
 
Taemin smiles and raises his hands in defense, "I'm sorry, hyung." 
 
 
 
He then looks at Minho and shoos him out the door, "You'll see each other at the altar, now shoo." 
 
 
 
Minho pouts then points at Jonghyun, "What about Jonghyun-hyung?" 
 
 
 
"It's okay, he's not the groom after all." 
 
 
 
I'm not the groom after all.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
Jonghyun says his goodbye to Key and Taemin after a few minutes. He reasons that he has to practice his vocals before the wedding starts. 
 
 
 
He's doing some warm-ups when someone in a white satin dress walks to him. 
 
 
 
"Se Kyung." He greets with a smile. 
 
 
 
"Hey Jjong." It's been a long time since they last spoke to each other personally, though they do keep in contact on the phone. He hasn't seen her in a long time and it's undeniable that she's still as beautiful as ever just like he remembered her to be. 
 
 
 
"I'm sorry," Jonghyun apologizes.
 
 
 
Se Kyung frowns, "For what?" 
 
 
 
"For being a bad partner. For making all your efforts go to waste. For being a coward." He replies. 
 
 
 
Se Kyung just looks at him, "There's still time." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun shakes his head, "There isn't. He's getting married today. And I'm doing what you told me. I'm setting him free because I love him. I love him and I want him to be happy." 
 
 
 
"There is," Se Kyung insists, "There's still time Jonghyun. He hasn't walked down the aisle. He hasn't presented himself to the altar yet. Key has not said 'I do'  yet. You still have time Jonghyun." 
 
 
 
She holds him in a firm embrace and reassuringly tells him, "There's still time." 
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
The music then starts, Se Kyung is now down at the pews, he takes a deep breath and starts to sing. 
 
 
 
"Ah, manager-hyung isn't here yet," Key slumps his shoulder and leans on Jonghyun. He can't get enough of how Key looks so undeniably cute right at that instant. 
 
 
 
"He's just a bit late." Jonghyun reasons.
 
 
 
"I guess you're right." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun loves the simple moments where he can just be with Key.
 
 
 
There's a beep that comes and cuts Jonghyun away from his thoughts. Key immediately looks where the beep is coming from. He sees Minho in the car and smiles at him. 
 
 
 
 
Minho waving at Kibum to get in. 
 
 
 
 
"Hey, I guess I'm going with Minho then." Kibum tells him, "Do you want to ride with us, Jjong?" 
 
 
 
"Nah. It's okay. I'll wait for manager hyung to come I have a schedule after this," He lies.
 
 
 
Key nods and walks over to where Minho's car was. They then drive off . 
 
 
 
---
 
 
"I hate you," Key laughs out loud, "I can't believe you did that!" 
 
 
 
They're running away from their donsaengs after a prank that Jonghyun had planned. Jonghyun holds on Key's hands tightly as he can all the while laughing hysterically. 
 
 
 
"Did you see Kai's face?" Jonghyun asks, laughing.
 
 
 
"Oh my god," Key exclaims, "That was the most hysterical thing that I've ever seen." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun smiles and leads them to the roof. They're blinded for a moment because of the sun setting. They breath in and out rapidly because of all the running they did. 
 
 
 
"Ahh, this brings back memories." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun nods and leans back a little, "Yeah..." 
 
 
 
It's a perfect time to tell him, but somehow he just can't. 
 
 
 
The door slams open and there's someone covering Key's eyes. 
 
 
 
Key smirks, "Minho. I know it's you." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun watches them. He envies Minho for being the one that has Key's attention. 
 
 
 
"We have to go, Kibum. Hyung do you want to come with us? We're going out for dinner," Minho offers. 
 
 
 
Jonghyun smiles as normally as he can, "It's okay, you young ones go and have fun. I'll have some dinner with Onew-hyung and Taemin." 
 
 
 
Minho nods and hold Key's hand, "Let's go?" 
 
 
 
He hears the door close, it was the perfect time to tell Key that he loved him but he can't. No matter he does, he can't tell Key because Key was not his, but Minho's. 
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
Jonghyun watches as Key walks down the aisle. He sings with heart as it aches. He watches as Key nears the altar. He's stops the tears from flowing, he closes his eyes and gives his all to singing the song that Key asked of him. 
 
 
 
Never in his entire life has he thought that one-day the one thing that makes him happy will bring him pain. 
 
 
 
And he just can't bring himself to sing. 
 
 
 
He stops mid-way and everyone instantly looks at him from the balcony where he's singing and gasps. 
 
 
 
There's whispering, some people asking why he'd stop singing. He answers no one and walks down the stairs, he sees Se Kyung's shocked face. Onew's indifferent expression but there's understanding in them. Taemin's widened eyes. Minho's confusion. Then he sees Key who looks confused and shocked at the same time. 
 
 
 
He looks at Key for the last time before he goes out of the chapel and to his car. 
 
 
 
There's one thing on his mind before he leaves, "You're wrong Se Kyung. I've run out of time." 
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
Everyone stands up, not knowing what to do after what Jonghyun had just done.
 
 
 
"W-what?" One of the guests asks. 
 
 
 
Minho looks at Key. He then shakes his head, closing his eyes in a painful expression. He suddenly takes Key into an embrace. 
 
 
 
Shocked, Key doesn't know how to react to what was going on. Not when Jonghyun just walked away and now Minho was hugging him. 
 
 
 
"Minho?" He asks once Minho lets go of him there's tears flowing down his cheeks.
 
 
 
"Go to him Kibum," Minho tells him, "He needs you." 
 
 
 
 
"The wedding..." 
 
 
 
Minho smiles and shakes his head, "I have to let you go, Kibum. You deserve each other. I knew that you loved him, I knew that he loved you too but I was too selfish and I wanted you for myself. But I cause pain to the both of you and I don't want to live like that anymore. So go. Go to him and love him like you did for me, love him even more than you loved me." 
 
 
 
Key nods and smiles at Minho. He takes the younger's cheeks and wipes them. He plants his lips to his. A soft kiss, a quick kiss. A kiss that was not for a lover, but for a friend. 
 
 
 
"Thank you," Key says and he runs down to the aisle and goes to where Jonghyun was. 
 
 
 
Key hears the uproar of the guests as he walks directly out of the chapel. 
 
 
 
"I'm coming, Jonghyun." 
 
 
 
---
 
I'm such an idiot. Is what Jonghyun thinks as soon as he reaches his car. He can't believe the scene that he caused. That's bound to make a disaster
 
 
 
"What's a wedding without a disaster right?" He mocks himself. 
 
 
 
He sits there for about a minute or so, before he switches on the car. He sighs, he doesn't even know why he's waiting for someone when clearly no one's going to come for him. 
 
 
 
He slumps on the driver seat sulking before he adjusts himself. He pulls the gear shift to 'drive' and when he was about to drive off to god knows where, there's a tap on his car window. 
 
 
 
He looks to the passenger seat and he's surprised to see Key there, still in his tuxedo huffing. 
 
 
 
'Open the door,' He mouths and Jonghyun does what he's told afraid of what Key would do to him later on. 
 
 
 
 
Jonghyun begins to profusely apologize for his stupidity, saying that he didn't feel good and that's why he stopped, but he knew that Key was far from stupid and he had to admit to himself that it was bull either way. 
 
 
 
Key says nothing but a word to him, "Drive." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun knits his eyebrows and asks, "Excuse me?" 
 
 
 
Key sighs tiredly, "Look Jonghyun, I'm tired and I just ran away from the altar to come here with you and you ask me petty questions? I don't like to repeat myself, drive." 
 
 
 
"But what about--" Jonghyun is caught off-guard when Key places his soft lips against his. It was just a light peck but the message was clear. 
 
 
 
"Minho backed off the wedding," Key said nonchalantly but then he looked at Jonghyun, "Why didn't you tell me?" 
 
 
 
Jonghyun doesn't need to hide anything now. Key is here. With him, he can tell him the truth, "I was stupid. I thought that I'd always have you, but then Minho asked you out, I couldn't possibly ruin your relationship with a confession." 
 
 
 
"I loved you too," Key confesses. Jonghyun wide-eyes looks at Key and notices the pink tint on his face, "I'm still in love with you, but I had to move on because clearly you were into girls. Minho was there and I gradually fell in love with him, but now it's different. Thanks to that little stunt that you did, I found out. I was torn you know. Do I get married and live my life with the man that was there for me and loved me or do I go with the one that I love truly?
 
 
"And so Minho told me that he had to let me go, because clearly I was made for you. Cheezy right?" Key smirks. 
 
 
 
"It's Minho, he's always cheezy," Jonghyun reasons. He holds on Key's face and puts their foreheads together, "Se Kyung was right." 
 
"About what?" 
 
 
 
"Nothing. So where to?" Jonghyun smiles a real smile this time. Feeling giddy that Key was right next to him. 
 
 
 
"Anywhere, just as long as I'm with you," Key says smiling back at the dinosaur. 
 
 
 
"Cheezy, but okay. Let's go to California and get married there," Jonghyun offers. 
 
 
 
Key shakes his head, "Nah, let's go to Vegas and wreak havoc." 
 
 
 
Jonghyun laughs hysterically, "Vegas it is." 
 
 
 
They drive off the parking lot while the other's are still stunned at what happened. Se Kyung's smiling happily for the two. Onew, the leader of SHINee, is wiping his tears away because he thinks it's just lovely that those two got together, there's Taemin who's standing in the distance with a smile on his face and Minho, even though he was left behind, he would still find love in the most unexpected place, and that person was just right next to him and he didn't know it. 
 
 
 
Se Kyung's smiling and murmurs something before she goes to her own car, "I told you so." 
 
 
 
 
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was meant to be.
 
 

Oh hai,guys. Sooo.... I'm back? It's Christmas break and wooh I have time to write again! So this was my entry for a writing contest but never the less I hoped that you like it too! :D Seven months is a looonngg time... Haha so anything happened while I was gone? XD Tell me I want to know! I am so sorry for being away from AFF for so long! =.= 

 

 

P.S. I've also become a fan of AmazingPhil and danisnotonfire on YouTube. If you know them then you guys are awesome! But if you don't I seriously recommend them to you. ^.^