Wasted Years

I'm Here

ayo wassup. here's a chappie for ya lovely.


 

#np Maroon 5 - Wasted Years

WASTED YEARS

Slow is the memory
I can picture her standing right in front of me
Saying that I'm behaving badly
And kinda driving her crazy
But I know she wants me

Can't remember anything
Her sweat it tastes like sugar cane
Sitting on top of me
Yelling out my ing name
Until I'm empty

But I have already tried to explain myself
It's not that I love someone else
But I can't bear to listen to you cry
I'm sick of all these wasted years
A rag for someone else's tears
I wring you out as I hang you out to dry

And I'll see you when I get back
Maybe we can get ourselves back on the right track
You touch me there because you know how much I like that
I think that we will get to relax
And I know you want me

All the time and everywhere
A happy surface but the underbelly isn't there
And the worst thing is that I don't even really care
And the emptiness is too much to bear
C'mon c'mon

But I have already tried to explain myself
It's not that I love someone else
But I can't bear to listen to you cry
I'm sick of all these wasted years
A rag for someone else's tears
I wring you out as I hang you out to dry

C'mon, c'mon
Get off the phone
Please come home
It's been so lonely since you've been gone
Engulf, surround me
Up and down me
Be all around me
Baby I can't breathe no more


C'mon, c'mon
Get off the phone
Please come home
It's been so lonely since you've been gone
Engulf, surround me
Up and down me
Be all around me
Baby I can't breathe no more

 But I have already tried to explain myself

It's not that I love someone else
But I can't bear to listen to you cry
I'm sick of all these wasted years
A rag for someone else's tears
I wring you out as I hang you out to dry

But I have already tried to explain myself

It's not that I love someone else
But I can't bear to listen to you cry
I'm sick of all these wasted years
A rag for someone else's tears
I wring you out as I hang you out to dry

 


 

Wasted Years.

 

“Ma’am,” Hyosun softly knocked her boss’ door. “Yes, come in,” a voice answered.

Hyosun bowed as she entered the head nurse’s office.  “Oh, Hyosun-sshi! Wae geuraeyo?” She took off her glasses and motioned for Hyosun to sit down.

“I.. I’m sorry.. But I’m requesting a change.. I can’t deal with my current patient. I’m terribly sorry, Ma’am,” She bowed her head.

The head nursed threw her a questioning look. “May I know the reason why? If that’s logical enough, I’ll let you pass this time,” She shrugged.

“well.. I’m uncomfortable with the patient’s parents…” “What?  You’ve dealt with weird parents before. Did the parents this time physically harassed you or something?” Her boss touched her hand, concerned.

“No.. It’s just they’re someone related to my past. Please, let me take another patient..” Hyosun literally begged the head nurse.

“But you’ve been dealing with your current patient for 4 days already, Hyosun. And so far, no complains have been reported,” The head nurse sighed, massaging her temple.

“But please ma’am.. I can’t concentrate treating this one patient…”

“Okay, okay. Asked Misun to switch role with you. She’s dealing with a new patient. A patient with cardic problems too, an elder. No more switching patient okay?”

“Yes! Thank you ma’am! Thank you!!” Hyosun beamed and skidded happily. The head nurse chuckled. She knew her gloomy past and the hardships she had been through, that’ why she let her.

Hyosun rushed out, trying to find Misun.

“Misunnie!” She half-yelled, earning glares from her colleagues.

“Quit the shouting, Hyo? Wae?” Misun laughs.

“Mrs. Kwon let me switch patient with you. Seriously, please let me take your patient!” Hyosun holds her best friend’s hand.

“Heh? I haven’t even meet my patient yet. It’s okay though. Go ahead. Room 1305!” Misun smiled.

“Thank you Misunnie! You’re seriously the best!”

Baekhyun ran along the hallway of the hospital, beads of sweats dripping down his forehead. His nephew—that he hasn’t even seen in real life ever—was admitted to the hospital a few days ago and that caused his beloved father being stressed out and collapsed.

He flew straight from the US, and catch the early bus. He made some times to store his luggage in his friend’s house nearby the hospital and rushed immeadiately.

“Ma’am..” He panted. “Yes, sir?” “Patient, Byun Taehyung… What room?” He tried breathed out, gripping on the counter.

“Oh! On the 13th floor, sir! Room 1305!” The young nurse blushed when he tapped her hand twice and thanked her.

Baekhyun rushed inside the lift and scurried out immediately when he reached the 13th floor, taking sharp turns before arriving in the room.

“Baekhyun! Aigoo! Nae adeul…” His mom runs to him and traps him in a bear-hug. In front of him, his father laid, sleeping peacefully.

“How’s appa, eomma?” He asked. “He’s recuperating smoothly. Apparently your nephew got his genes..” His mother sighed.

“where’s hyung?” He sits down in one of the chair, sipping a bottle of water his mother offered to him earlier.

“Taking care of Jangwoo. Aigoo, you should see that cute kid! He looked more like you than Janghyun!” His mother laughs. Baekhyun smiled. He missed his mom.

“Excuse me.” A soft voice emerges from behind the door. Baekhyun snapped his head and had his eyes bulging out when she saw the nurse standing in the door frame.

“Hyosun?!” He shrieked, rushing to the door.

Hyosun had her eyes wide open before running away.

Slow is the memory
I can picture her standing right in front of me
Saying that I'm behaving badly
And kinda driving her crazy
But I know she wants me

 

“Hyosun! Wait!” He ran away, leaving his mother in a daze.

“Hyo!” He held her wrist. Hyosun refused to meet his eyes, as her own eyes were already filled with tears.

“Hyosunnie..” He cooed, cupping her cheeks, smiling widely.

Oh how he missed her dearly. Hyosun became more beautiful with her hair tied into a nice bun, a natural make-up smeared nicely on her face, the hospital’s nurse uniform hugged her curves beautifully, and her eyes gleam under the sunlight.

“Let go of me..” She whispered.

“Hyo—“

“Don’t Hyo me.” She persisted, resisting the urge to engulf the man in front of her with a smothering hug.

“I missed you so much. So much that it hurts,” Baekhyun secured his grip, now on her shoulder.

“It hurts me more, Baek. I’m all alone here,” She spat out.

“Hyosunnie—“

“No. Please no. Baek, don’t make this harder for me. I’m appointed to take care of your dad. Let me work peacefully, please..” She weeps silently.

Baekhyun slowly let go of her.

But I have already tried to explain myself
It's not that I love someone else
But I can't bear to listen to you cry
I'm sick of all these wasted years

 

 

Baekhyun fidgeted in his seat as he watched the lady in front of him taking care of his father with utmost care. He wanted to stand there beside her as they both showers their attention to his sick father.

His mother had left earlier to check her grandson., leaving both of them in an awkward silence.

He watched her change the IV drips, tucking his father under the warm covers softly, checking the machines.

She bowed her head to him before leaving.

He sighed.

“It hurts me more, Baek. I’m all alone here,”

He massaged his scalp, glancing at the slightly ajar door.

I really missed you, Hyosunnie.

All the time and everywhere
A happy surface but the underbelly isn't there

 

Hyosun checks the machine twice and fix the IV drips’ position. Baekhyun’s appa was like her own appa so it hurts her seeing him lifeless her.

“Samcheon, get well soon okay?” She whispered, caressing his hand.

The door creaked open, revealing a restless looking Baekhyun.

“Oh, sorry. I’ll leave,” Hyosun bowed.

“Wait! No,” Baekhyun pleaded.

“I bet you want to have time with y—“

“No, Hyosun. Please,” He touched her arm softly.

She quivered a little under his gentle touch.

“Baekhyun, please. Can’t we just act like we’ve never met before?” She asked, her tone soft and pleading.

He sighed.

Sometimes, you just need to be selfish and fight for your love.

That was Joonmyun’s last words to him before he left for Korea. Joonmyun was a good friend. Baekhyun stored his luggage in his condo before fleeing to the hospital yesterday.

“Let me be selfish for once, Hyosun,” He said firmly.

“Aren’t you always, Baek?” She mumbled.

Ouch.

“Now, excuse me, I have a phone call to make,” she reasoned, scurrying away as fast as possible from the room.

Hyosun stared at her phone screen. She was just lying about making a call. But apparently, Baekhyun silently followed her all the way to the hospital’s basement.

She dialed a random number, pretending not noticing him.

“Hello? Eung..” She pretended to talk.

Without her noticing, Baekhyun smiled weakly from behind the wall.

He missed her so much, that seeing her alone was enough. He wanted to be with her again, feel her touch, kiss her properly, play together, wipe her tears away.. But she pushed him.

He sighed, slowly approaching her.

“Hyosun.”

She glanced, pretending to turn her phone off.

“What?”

“We need to talk,” He said firmly.

“B—“

He hugged her tightly before she could utter a single word.

“Please.”

Get off the phone
Please come home
It's been so lonely since you've been gone
Engulf, surround me
Up and down me
Be all around me
Baby I can't breathe no more