Chapter 2

Don't Tempt Me

 


 

Never in Kyungsoo's life did he ever think he would be saving someone from a kidnapping. Well, he did save something but not an actual person.

In third grade, he saved his favorite teddy bear from a bunch of kindergarten thugs one time. He delivered a swift punch to the four children's skulls and was able to walk away with his cuddly animal without harm. It was his best victory yet during his career of being in grade school.

Jongdae hurried Kyungsoo into dozen, meaning literally dozens of alleyways and sharp turns throughout the city.

They soon fell into a dead end after their thirtieth right. "Do you even know where you're going?" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he stared at Jongdae who was catching his breath. 

Kyungsoo waited for his answer as Jongdae paused to think. "Actually, I don't."

"Are you kidding me?" Kyungsoo groaned and made a gesture take told him to give the address over. He held it in his palm and quickly looked at it. "We passed this twenty minutes ago."

"Oh! Really? I didn't know that," Jongdae chuckled lightly and sighed heavily. "You can lead the way."

"I will lead the way with no help from you," Kyungsoo spat. He started to run the opposite direction of where they turned and landed close to their location. "I think we were going in circle the whole time."

"Why is that?"

"I saw that exact same building five times!"

Jongdae stared blankly at Kyungsoo and lifted his arm to his neck and it a few times, embarrassed of the mistake he made. "Oops."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and walked to a graffiti-filled apartment complex. It had a few rough dents on the cement walls but none would make the building collapse. Broken glass and cigarette buds littered the filthy ground, basking in the humid complex. The pair found a staircase in front of them right after they entered. The humidity was worsening as they headed more to the top. They caught their breaths on the sixth floor. The destination said seventh floor but they were honestly too tired to climb the last few steps. They rested for 10 minutes, under the intense sun rays that fell on them. Kyungsoo got up first and pulled Jongdae up as they trekked the last few steps.

"We're at 601. Open it," Kyungsoo demanded to the other. "I found this place so it's your turn to do something."

"No way! I can't deal with thugs or whatever! They'll scare the daylights out of me!"

"I'll go first then you goddamn wuss," Kyungsoo clicked his tongue. He slowly twisted the doorknob. On the other side, was what Kyungsoo was certain was his roommate, tied up in a steel bed with a mattress, breathing heavily. Each of his legs were tied to two separate supports while his arms were also tied to a bed frame. His mouth had a strap around it with a red ball that sat on his tongue. It looked like something that a roasted pig would have, but more like a gag of some sort. All his clothes were stripped and layed on the floor, covering the dirt-infested wooden tiles.

"Are you "Kai"?" Kyungsoo said softly. The boy nodded slowly as his breathing was rapidly becoming a normal pace. "I -- I mean 'we' are here to get you out. Hey moron! Come here already," no response was given back. "Ah ! Did they take him too?" Kyungsoo groaned. He walked over to the man named Kai and took out a pocket knife from his pant pocket. He swung the blade to the four ropes and threw the pile of clothes to him as he put the knife in his short pocket. "Wear it so we can leave."

"Aren't you forgetting someone?" Someone walked in from the entrance door and held up Jongdae with a knife to his throat.

"H - Hey," Jongdae squeaked. "I was going to come but I decided to stay outside until the coast was clear. Apparently they were behind me!"

"Useless," Kyungsoo muttered.

"Drop your weapon or he dies!" The masked man that held Jongdae yelled. Kyungsoo fumbled through his jacket pocket and held out the knife and a gun. He pointed the weapon at the man and smirked as he pulled the trigger. Hitting the man's foot and letting Jongdae run to Kyungsoo who held a gun point at him and a switch blade ready to attack.

"Get at me you damn dropouts," he spat.

Jongdae ran over to Kai and hugged him tightly. "Yo man! You alright?"

"Yeah... They didn't do anything with this bed yet so I'm fine. Just a few bruises here and there, no big deal."

"When we get back, I'll patch you up, alright?"

"You don't even know how use a band aid so shut up Dae."

"Put you hands up you little before I stab you in the chest," Kyungsoo grinned sadistically. "And your goddamn friends from the other rooms."

"Hey guys, he has a gun," the masked man said with a whine. Four early 20's men came out with their hands up.

A chubby one groaned. "Could you not blow our cover for once?

"I mean, we all just wanted to do this quickly to lose our ities and you just had to this up," a scrawny short man added.

"I didn't know he knew people with a gun! People are normally not supposed to have one on them!"

"Go in that room you dumb s," Kyungsoo pointed at a small door. The five men obediently went in as they opened the door. "Close the door," they obeyed and closed the door.

Kyungsoo looked down at the doorknob and it had an outside lock. "How convenient," he commented quietly. He twisted the lock and heard a click from the door frame. "Okay!" He threw his hands up and turned around to Kai and Jongdae. "So, let's leave you two!" Kyungsoo smiled bubbly. 

Jongdae and Kai silently nodded and followed him back to their apartment complex both a tad bit terrified with Kyungsoo. Kai followed him until Kyungsoo turned and faced the door beside his flat. "A-Are we neighbors?" Kai couldn't take his stutters out of his sentence.

"Of course I live here. Right, here," Kyungsoo offered a hand. "I'm Do Kyungsoo, your new neighbor that moved in just yesterday and helped your idiotic friend save you."

Kai weakly smiled and completed the handshake. "I'm Kim Jongin. A lot of people call me Kai but I still don't understand why they do. Please do call me Jongin though."

"Sure Jongin. Hey, I'll see you later. If you're hungry, give my door a few small knocks, okay?" Kyungsoo grinned from ear to ear. "I'm pretty sure you haven't eaten yet."

"Yeah, I guess. Mind if I come over and eat now?" Kai asked softly.

"Me too! Oh yeah, I'm Jongd--"

"I already know your name Jongdae," Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he stopped him midway.

"My last name is Kim too! I'm Kim Jongdae, nice to officially meet you!"

"Cool. Alright you two, come in," Kyungsoo unlocked the front door of his apartment room and flicked the light switch on.

Jongdae looked around, surprised. "Woah! You got yourself a nice place!"

Kyungsoo shrugged and got his guests to sit down quietly on his three-man sofa.  "It's alright, I honestly could have afforded somewhere better. A least I made use of my gun of once," he chuckled as the gun from his pocket made its way to a locked cupboard. 

Kai stared at Kyungsoo as he dropped his gun on his coffee table with no emotion. Kai shivered in the thought of a bullet pursing into his chest. Kyungsoo caught him staring at the gun with fear and walked up to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, the safety is on," Kyungsoo smiled at Kai effortlessly.

He was, nonetheless, still in a huge shock and was still unable to cope with what just happened in the few hours he was first held captive till now. "So, whoever you are, Kai was it? Give me a back story to what you did in order to get all and sprawled out on a bed? I want details because we could have died if I didn't carry a gun with me," Kyungsoo asked Kai. He walked to the slick, brand new fridge and opened it. Some drinks and some take out were there since this morning.

"Don't address me as Kai. I'm Kim Jongin and I'll never going back to that time," Kai mumbled the last few words.

"Sure, Jongin. I'll remember that. And you should  remember my question and remember to answer it," Kyungsoo responded back, grabbing the can of beer from the back of the box.

"Right, I'm sorry. So this began around a month ago when I was working in my small café and some students from the nearby college came over. One asked if I could talk with him for a second after my shift. So, I came outside after and next thing I knew, I was knocked out and that's it," Kai caught his breath.

He closed the door attached to the fridge and walked to the single chair to slowly sit down. "That's... really odd. Why the hell did you go with him? A stranger..."

Kai shuffled in his spot on the sofa uncomfortably. "Well, I--"

"He's looking for someone to be with!" Joonmyun interrupted quickly.

"I don't know what to say," he opened the can, only to pause and stare at the small amount of bubbles flowing out of the opening. "Are you still looking for that person, Jongin?"

Kai's face flushed into a bright red. Embarrassed, he looked at the tiles on the floor and tucked his fists under his thighs, shyly nodding. "Yes, I am."

"Ah, I see. Well anyway, I heard a lot of awful stories about you and your apartment," Kyungsoo continued as he lifted his arm to take a sip of the beer and bobbing his Adam's apple. He put the drink down on the coffee table that was between them and sat back comfortably. "Are you alright if I asked about them?"

Kai nodded again, but this time, it was more welcoming. "Anything is fine, ask away."

"Is it true that you and Jongdae had ?"

The room fell silent. "... What?"


Hello everyone!

Did you enjoy EXO's teaser for Wolf and Kai's beautiful cornrows? I wanted to update this quickly so here you go. 8D

Comment and I'll reply~ Huhuhu!

*graphic has been added!