Chapter 1

Don't Tempt Me

A/N: Hello everyone! This is my first official KaiSoo fanfiction annndddd that's it. I don't know any areas or districts within Seoul so I couldn't put one down. A short chapter nonetheless. It's great because it's un-edited. c: I'll be having exams for the next two weeks... I won't be updating until then.

A/N2: Hi there. I mixed both the first and second chapter together. I added a new part to the story at the end. Thank you for your patience!


 

 

It's been a while since Kyungsoo moved away from his parent's house. He started living in motels and many friends’ houses that were kind enough to offer him to stay. This routine continued for months at a time, hopping from city to city and hoping for a permanent residence was available.

"'Try to find your way to that town' he said, 'it'll be easy" he said," Kyungsoo muttered under his breath as he rolled his luggage beside him at a subway station. He looked around and saw a few benches nearby to sit for him to wait at. The station was packed with people since it was around 5:00 PM, which is when workers usually get of work to go home. He carefully stumbled his way to the cold wooden bench and sat with a small slouch, getting comfortable enough for him to wait at until 5:40 PM when his subway was going to arrive.

"And it finally rolls over," Kyungsoo sighed in relief. He slowly gets up from the non-cushioned seat and grabs the handle of the luggage, pulling it near him and walked towards one of the subway carts. Rolling his case full of goods, he then looks around the cramped room for a place to relax once again.

After many minutes have passed while Kyungsoo was waiting for his stop, he people watched as they come and go. The white background and the many ceiling lights were starting to dim its sudden brightness into a more soothing tone for the riders.

The subway rang from the four announcement speakers that is against many panels of the ceiling. "Attention. This is the last stop in Seoul, please keep in mind to take all your belongings and watch the time," a man spoke. A second ring was made and a different male voice spoke, almost computer-like while speaking about the last stop.

Kyungsoo scrolled his eyes to face the map of the subway route. The glowing blue dot moved towards the next and last stop and flashed, signalling the last location it was to stop to. "Last stop in one minute, bring all belongings with you," a woman from the speaker alarmed the riders

After a few seconds, the subway train came into a stop, opening its silver doors and casting them to the side for people to get out of it. Kyungsoo grabbed his luggage and charged for the subway's exit, just slipping out before the gates closed to signal the subway to once again mobilize. It rolled away on the tracks until Kyungsoo wasn't able to see it anymore.

He walked out of the town's subway station and ventured out on the streets with a map in one hand and a luggage handle in the other. Walking around the streets of another part of South Korea he was unfamiliar with at 4:00 PM wasn't the best feeling Kyungsoo had though; he tried to make the best out of it. Going into local shops and other small businesses nearby, asking for directions and chomping something down while he figures out the way to the new place he was going to move to

It soon became 6:00 PM in a flash for Kyungsoo. One thing about it was that he was still lost, worse than before. "Ah, where am I even going from here," he mumbled, not talking to anyone in particular. Thankfully, a middle aged man approached with an officer uniform.

"Hey! What are you doing here wandering the streets," the man sternly yelled from a few meters away, walking closer to Kyungsoo. "You really shouldn't be here young man!"

Kyungsoo's gaze travelled to the man, rapidly going for something in his pocket. Noticing it was an officer, he stopped and quickly took a slip of paper out. His pout quickly turned into a smile. "Sir, Officer! I just need help getting to my new apartment. Can you help me?"

"Wait, what? Young man, are you lost? Where to at this late at night," the officer's hand was now filled with the small piece of paper that was slightly crumpled and had an address written on it by a blue ballpoint pen. He looked at it, trying to remember where the residential area Kyungsoo was supposed to go to. "Ah this lace," he started speaking again after sometime of thinking. "You're in the wrong neighborhood by around 20 km away from here," the officer chuckled.

Kyungsoo's face turned pale from the response. His throat went dry, unable to comprehend what just happened, he held the hip of his cost firmly and let go. "Are you... serious?!" Kyungsoo grabbed the ends of his hair and started tugging at it. "I must have taken the wrong subway exit!"

"Young man, I can offer you a ride to your destination," the officer informed.

His face lit up, his frown instantly faded and clapped his hands together. "Are you sure? Wow, thank you so much mister!"

The officer's face turned pink and started walking towards his vehicle. "Any time, just get over here," he sternly called back to Kyungsoo. He happily skipped into his car, knowing that there are nice people around this part of Seoul.

Kyungsoo walked over to the policeman’s car and lunged into the passenger seat with my luggage. He started up the car and rolled away from the quiet street we were standing in before.

"I lived in the apartment a couple years ago," the officer stated, breaking the silence. "It was nice."

“What a coincidence. That also means you know about it and the people around there," Kyungsoo had realized.

The officer shifted in his seat, unable to respond right away. "I - Yes I did," he said hesitantly, releasing an elongated sigh.

All of the awkwardness of the two turned worse when Kyungsoo coughed right after the other man's sigh

Kyungsoo soon fell into a short slumber with his head slightly tilted to his left.

"We're here young man," the officer shook Kyungsoo's right shoulder to wake him

"Oh! Sorry I drifted asleep," Kyungsoo bowed his head quickly, twice. "I haven't slept on something other than a cruddy sofa for the past four months,"

"Ah, I feel you. Right, you wanted to hear about this apartment complex sort of place, am I right?"

"Yes! Yes I do! Can you tell me a little about this place maybe?" Kyungsoo clapped his hands in excitement.

"Well, you know how you're supposed to live beside two families or neighbors beside you since this is kind of an 'open apartment' type where the stairs are at the outside?"

"Yes?"

"Uh, there's this one guy that lived at apartment number 114. He's a little... weird you could say," the officer explained.

"What wrong with him? Is he sick?"

"No, nothing of the sort so it seems though he has always been cooped up in the same room everyday for the past year and only coming out for a breath of fresh air or a short smoke," he started. "But then again, there was always this one guy that frequented in going and out of his apartment. What's his name again? Jongdae was it? Actually, I've seen one different person every time coming in and out of his house. Anyway, stay clear of those two. I heard a rumour from a couple of people that the guy in the apartment was like a e or something. You know, posting your pictures on the internet and those forums telling others around their area?"

"I guess but how come you haven't arrested him yet?"

"Not enough information about it, you know? I can't just assume that he is a e," the officer shifted in his seat.

"Right! Thank you for the information! And conveniently, I live beside him!"

"... What."

"Yeah, I'm in 113. What a coincidence isn't it," Kyungsoo stated as he pushed his body out of the car's door along with his luggage.

"Sure thing, just try not to get yourself in trouble. Alright?"

"Thank you mister! Have a nice night!"

"You too," the man tipped his hat as Kyungsoo shut the car door behind him, waving to the generous officer that got him home. He rolled out of the parking lot in the open apartment and drove away, leaving Kyungsoo by himself at a street light.

Kyungsoo stayed under the street light for a few minutes, looking around his surroundings. There were four apartments that looked exactly the same as the one in the flyers/pictures he received in the real estate message on his email.

 

The first Apartment had a sign in front of it that said "81-100 Light Apt." with four stories and three dim lights between every five rooms

 

"I guess the first apartment isn't mine. And it has four floors so... Five apartment rooms each?" Kyungsoo muttered

 

The next Apartment was the same, but with a sign that said "101-120 Earth Apt.". Kyungsoo drew a small illustration in his mind of the map of the floors.

 

120, 119, 118, 117, 116 <-----------

 

111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ------------>

 

110, 109, 108, 107, 106 <-----------

 

101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ----------->

 

"I'm in that one I suppose," he scratched his head, looking at the second building. "I guess I should go over to my new home."

 

Kyungsoo took a hold of the handle on his case of goods and pulled it beside him, rolling over to his new apartment. He had no idea what to expect, except for the fact that he lives beside an oddball that never comes out of his room and an old lady that is apparently widowed.

 

Once Kyungsoo managed to reach the front of the building, he then lifted his head up and looked at the flickering light above him with crusted paint residue hanging off the apartment. "What a great first impression." Kyungsoo muttered to himself.

 

He continued to stroll closer, taking notice that there were two staircases on either side of the apartment that had a green handle and some brown steps both colors were painted on carefully but the green and brown was peeling off slowly, leaving reminiscences of the torn paint flakes around the staircase.

 

Kyungsoo carefully walked up to the second last floor and entered the third level. He walked further into the building and saw that he really was in the middle of the floor. "I'm amazing," Kyungsoo smiled and nodded proudly. As he stopped in front of a door that read "113" that was easily readable.

 

Kyungsoo fumbled in his pockets and found the small key that has three small numbers engrave (or rather scratched in) that read "113". He quickly put it in the keyhole and turned it until he heard a slight click.

 

"Hello?" Kyungsoo jokingly asked the dark apartment and as he expected, no reply. He quickly started patting the walls around him, trying to find the light switch. "Oh man, it's really dark in here," he whined. "I think I found it?" Kyungsoo flicked a small stick-like object attached to the wall, making the light sources of the apartment glow. It revealed an already furnished flat full of all the necessities in place. The movers did quite a bonus for him

 

Still rolling his things, he looked around the rooms and started with the dining room, the kitchen, and then the living room. He made his way to his one room full of bedroom furniture and around to the one bathroom lavished with different wall patterns with rubber ducks and small deer.

 

Going out of there, he checked back to his room and dived onto his bed, curling his body and twisting the blanket sheets around himself in pure bliss, giggling and smiling like a maniac.

 

", I would have never thought that I would actually get a nice home like this!" Kyungsoo breathed hard from the amount of meters he had just travelled up.

 

"I should really get a job here," he mumbled.

 

"Maybe at the local supermarket just for the hell of it!" Kyungsoo burst into a laughing fit. "Screw that! It'd be boring. Hmm, I should maybe apply to the little restaurant a few blocks from here. I did see it when the policeman drove me here, what a kind old guy."

 

--

 

Kyungsoo got up from the bed and hustled over to the light switch, turning it off and hopping into bed to wrap himself in his two layers of blanket. "I should go greet my neighbor tomorrow, even if he seems weird," Kyungsoo felt like he forgotten something. "AH! I forgot to brush my teeth!"

He quickly jumped out of his bed, eventually falling over and now lying on the floor in pain. "I should really get myself to remember everything in this house soon," he mumbled.

"Today's the day to meet and greet!" Kyungsoo excitedly pointed out to himself while cleaning the remainders of the bits and pieces of food that he made twenty minutes ago to save himself from starving. As he dried the rinsed dished and put them away, he started regretting his discussion

"I... I'm actually kind of nervous about this," he shook his head. "No! Kyungsoo, you can do this! You're awesome and you can do this," he encouraged himself, using both of his hands to slap his cheeks.

"I'm ing READY for this," Kyungsoo fist pumped before opening his door. He checked the time, it was 1:30 PM and fumbled in his pocket. He felt something solid and smiled, feeling safe. "He should be the-- wait a second, of course he's there... he doesn't come out."

He walked ten steps to the left and ended up facing 114's apartment place. He started shaking again while having continuous shivers going down his back.

" YOU NERVOUSNESS, BEGONE!" Kyungsoo slapped himself in the face, trying to release the shyness out of his personality so he wouldn't mess up the greeting. "Okay, okay. I can do this," he lifted his hand up slowly, reaching for the apartment buzzer

BZZT! BZZT!

Oh my damn, I actually press it! I'm hearing faint footsteps coming from the other side of the door. I wonder what he's actually like.

Kyungsoo stopped in his tracks in front of this mysterious man's door, fiddling with his digits and wondering why he wanted to do this again. He heard footsteps getting louder and louder with every impact the man on the other side made.

The door unlocked slowly with two clicks and a slight pause between them.

Oh , oh , oh , oh . yungsoo's heart started pumping rapidly which made him feel a small bit uncomfortable I think I'm going to have a heart attack and I don't know why.

A male stood at the door which separated 114 and Kyungsoo. He nervously looked up, seeing how much taller this guy was compared to himself. "H - Hi," Kyungsoo choked up.

The stranger looked down effortlessly at Kyungsoo, not knowing what to expect from him. He glared down at Kyungsoo.

"Oh! I'm sorry," Kyungsoo bowed. "I wanted to introduce myself to my neighbors!"

The man opened the door more; letting light hit the inside of the rooms and him. He had a fro-hawk that was messily arranged. Nonetheless, he was still very attractive. He has very defined cheekbones that looked absolutely gorgeous. "I'm Jongdae. Nice to meet you," he greeted Kyungsoo with a friendly smile. "Would you like to come inside and have a drink?"

"It's alright," Kyungsoo refused a little too fast.

"Nonsense," Jongdae chuckled. "Come in, come in," he instructed as he gently pulled Kyungsoo's arm, tugging it to the direction of the apartment.

"I... okay sure," he awkwardly walked inside. "Sorry for the intrusion."

As he looked around cautiously, no one seemed be inside. The furniture was all misplaced and in disarray with some sofas facing directly a wall or a chair that was flipped around. "What's up with your apartment?"

Jongdae sighed, unable to look at Kyungsoo and moved his vision to the fallen sofa. "My friend... my friend was kidnapped a week ago."

"Your friend, kidnapped?! What did he do?"

"Tch. Those bastards took him away," Jongdae gritted his teeth. He turned to Kyungsoo and gripped his two hands on either side of his shoulders, grinning devilishly. "Would you like to retrieve him with me?"

"Sure, why not. But, tell me what happened at least?"

Jongdae widened the Cheshire smile and his eyes followed suit. "Uh, about that, the guy that lives here, Jongin, was I think drugged by a load of people and was taken away to some guy that he forgot to pay back or something. No big deal I guess."

"N - No big deal?! The hell're you talking about calling it 'no big deal'. You got to be ing kidding me! We have to save him!"

"Well, that's what I planned to do. You in or not?" Jongdae rolled his eyes.

"I'm saving someone I don't even know," Kyungsoo thought out loud.

Jongdae just laughed at his comment. "Don't worry about it. Just do it! For the sake of saving someone!"

"Well if it's saving someone, then okay," Kyungsoo shrugged and didn't really care anymore. "I might as well do something exciting before getting a job here, right?"

"Oh! O - Of course! Exciting !"

"Yeah... 'exciting'. Say, shouldn't we go now before they do something bad to your friend?"

"Right!" Jongdae gave Kyungsoo a shocked expression. He quickly changed his objective of snatching someone else and grabbed Kyungsoo out of the plastic-covered apartment. He quickly locked the door behind him and exhaled largely. "Let's get to it."