Blurred Neon {Tao}

of shattered stardust and midnight dreaming {EXO drabble collection}

 

A sea of red winks, on and off, horns blaring loudly. Zitao sits at his usual spot on the bridge, and he watches. Neon signs line the streets, screaming out meaningless advertisements. Vehicles whiz past, bright streaks against black tar. Zitao sits, and he watches, even though all he sees are patches of bright light through his glassy, unfocused eyes. 
On, off, on, off. The lights seem to send him secret messages in the dark. 
 
When the moon glides out from behind a cloud, casting a cold glare on the city, Zitao closes his eyes, and everything melts away. 
 
He wills the noise to fade, the lights to dim. Everything melts into a jumble of colours: red, blue, yellow, white, black... The list could continue forever. Soft brush take the colours in front of him, gently transferring it onto the  canvas in his slender, smooth hands. 
 
Definable, yet undefinable. The finished painting would look like a jumbled blur, but to Zitao, this is the city. His city. Zitao smiles, and packs up quietly. 
 
On, off, on, off, go the blinking lights, sending secret messages in the dark. 
 
----------
A/N
been half a year. Hello sugar cubes. I am coming back off my hiatus (slowly) so bear with me for a bit. :)) sorry for making you guys wait ages and this is a crap comeback but I hope you accept my apology.