To be here while you're there

Our Love is Like a Song | starring SNSD's Yuri

 

The chat window blinked as a new message popped up.

Yul125 (11:45 PM): Ahh!! I feel so old... TT TT

His eyes darted across the screen, a small smile playing on his lips.

BusanWB (11:47 PM): You say that but you still behave like a kid... kekeke...

Yuri’s face was illuminated by the screen as she pouted, the sides of slightly curving up. Her eyebrows twitched slightly as she scrunched up her nose, clicking away from the chat window. A small light on her keyboard glowed orange as she muted her laptop, halting the constant beeping it made from chat alerts. She let out a yawn, smiling to herself.

Daehyun let out a deep sigh as he leaned back on his pillows, staring intensely at his screen.

BusanWB (11:50 PM): Yah... Are you mad?

BusanWB (11:53 PM): Point proven... :P

BusanWB (11:57 PM): Are you ignoring me right now?

BusanWB (11:59 PM): Aigoo... My baby is sulking... >< ><

BusanWB (12:02 AM): Eii... You can’t ignore me forever...

BusanWB (12:03 AM): Ja

BusanWB (12:03 AM): gi

BusanWB (12:03 AM): ya~

BusanWB (12:04 AM): :<

 

“Aish this noona...”    

 

“Aish this unnie...”

Yuri slumped against her locker as the blonde girl beside her rattled away about the latest gossip, something Yuri could care less about.

 

“Sica,” she called out, gripping the blonde by her shoulders, silencing her. The blonde squeaked out an unintelligent reply, her eyes wide.

 

“Eh?”

 

Yuri fished a folded piece of paper out of her jean pocket, waving it in front of Jessica’s face.

 

“Krystal, Luna, Daehyun,” Yuri stated, placing it in Jessica’s hand as she turned back to face her locker.

 

“I’m really going to miss you! T  T We’ll be so far apart! Me at campus, you in high school... Not looking forward to college at all...Guess what happened at dance today?”

 

“Delivery for Daehyun,” Luna crooned as she dropped the letter in front of the blonde as he stared off into space.

 

“P.S: I walked past your class today! Kekeke... You looked adorable with the safety goggles on...”

 

Daehyun grinned as he folded away the letter, tucking it into his pocket. Halting his steps, he took a few steps back, leaning backwards to peek into the classroom he just passed. His mouth stretched into a wide grin as he caught sight of her, tapping the tip of her pen against her cheek as she stared intensely at the screen. He let out a low chuckle, shaking his head slightly as he continued on his way.

 

“You’re too adorable, noona...”

 

Yul125 (10:55 AM): It’s horrible!

BusanWB (10:56 AM): Is it that bad?

Yul125 (10:57 AM): Ani.

Yul125 (10:57 AM): They have small stalls that sell hot steamed buns here! They’re delicious!

 

His face broke into a smile at her reply, amused by her childish behaviour. His face fell slightly as a new reply from her appeared on the screen.

 

Yul125 (10:58 AM): Daehyunnie, I won’t be able to come home for Christmas...

 

Yuri took a tentative step forwards as the line moved slightly, her eyes never leaving her phone. She lightly caressed her mobile phone screen with her thumb, tracing Daehyun’s features as he smiled back at her, his hands buried deep in his coat pockets.

 

“Daehyunie!” Yuri called out lovingly, making the younger man turn his head in her direction. He grinned as they made eye contact, stepping away from the wall he was leaning on. Her eyes lit up as she dug into her bag, fishing out her mobile phone and holding it in front of her face hurriedly.

 

*Click*

 

“Kyaa! So handsome!” she cooed, jumping a little as she grinned at him. Giggling, she ran towards the stunned young man, waving her phone in front of his face.

 

She giggled to herself silently at the memory, feeling the familiar warm feeling she missed since her departure from her hometown. Settling into her seat, she looked out the window as she waited for the plane to take off.

 

“Surprise...”

 

A chorus of laughter erupted from a table in the corner of the bar followed by cheers and the clinking of glass as the group downed their drinks. Daehyun set his glass down as he reached into his pocket, pulling out his mobile phone. The screen brightened up and his eyes quickly darted across the screen to read his notifications, disappointed to find none from Yuri. He looked up when he heard the scraping of chairs against the hardwood floor to find most of his companions getting ready to leave as they grabbed at their jackets. They exchanged parting words and hugs as they filed out the door.

 

Daehyun settled into his seat once more, deciding to stick around for a bit as he stared out the window, admiring the sight of the snow as it fell, silently landing on the trees and the roof, blanketing everything in frost. He turned to the left and was slightly surprised to find his co-worker still there, her red waves tucked behind her ears.

 

“Oh? Fany-sshi! You haven’t left yet?”

 

The redhead shook her head and smiled at him cutely, propping her elbows onto the table before resting her head in her hands.

 

“I’m waiting for my ride...” she added, “what about you?”

 

Daehyun simply shrugged in reply making her giggle a little before she shrugged as well, imitating his gesture earlier. He let out a chuckle making her smile in return as they both turned to look out the window at the falling snow.

 

Yuri tugged at her coat, pulling the collar up to her ears as she hopped from foot to foot, wishing for the traffic light to turn green soon. She shivered a little and rocked back and forth on her heels, burying her hands in her pockets.

 

“Yuri’s quest for cheesecake starts now...”

 

Yuri smiled bitterly at her own joke, snuggling deeper into her coat as she crossed the street, wandering into a cozy-looking cafe. The bell chimed, announcing her presence as the warmth enveloped her almost immediately, welcoming the shivering lady. She wriggled out of her coat, draping it over her arms as she gathered her hair over to one side, heading towards the counter. Her face broke into a smile as she admired the pastries on display, lightly touching the glass as her eyes roamed over the tempting desserts, watering.

 

“Can I help you miss?”

 

The brunette smiled warmly as she stepped out into the cold once again, her left hand gripping onto a small box. She approached the pedestrian crossing once more, sneaking a peek into the box once again as if assuring herself that it hasn’t disappeared. Her eyes wandered around as she stared at the buildings, their roofs and windows covered in snow, a small smile playing on her lips.

 

The box slipped out of her hands, falling to the ground as the corners of fell as well, her lips parting slightly. Yuri looked on silently as the redhead gripped at the young man’s hands excitedly, chattering away as he smiled adoringly back at her. She caught the tear that escaped from her eye quickly, ducking her head, unwilling to witness the scene before her any longer. She could feel the escaped tear freezing on her finger, the trickle of pain morphing into icy, pallid frost in mere seconds.

 

It’s cold outside.

 

“Daehyun-sshi! Look! Look look look!” Tiffany squealed, ing the back of her left hand in front of his eyes. The clear gem glinted underneath the light as it rested on a metal band, quite like the sparkle in her eyes as they disappeared into crescents whenever she smiled.

 

“He proposed last week! It was wonderful!,” she gushed, resting her head in her hands once more. Sighing dreamily, she silently observed the snowflakes, the memory of the proposal still fresh in her mind. Her eyes darted to the young man beside her as she leaned away from the table slowly, fiddling with her thumbs. She looked down at her lap before turning to him once more, constantly looking away and back at him hesitantly. Daehyun sighed, turning to the redhead as she diverted her attention towards the ceiling pointedly, feigning nonchalance.

 

“Spill,” he stated, turning his body slightly to face her. She turned to him eagerly, beginning her recollection of the proposal, drumming on the table in excitement, covering her face occasionally at the cheesy moments. She unconsciously gripped at the young man’s hands as she rattled away, squealing ever so often like a schoolgirl gushing over her crush. An image of Yuri, clad in a wedding dress popped into his mind, making his lips curve into a small smile.

 

“Would she like a romantic proposal quite like Tiffany’s?”

 

0 users online.

 

Daehyun sighed, his face illuminated by the light of his laptop screen as he waited for her username to turn green. He set it aside defeatedly, stepping towards his bedroom window, his eyebrows furrowed with worry.

 

“Daehyun! Dinner!”

 

"Yuri! Dinner!"

 

Yuri's thumb hovered over the her pen clicker as she froze in place, her eyes widening slightly. She propped herself up on her elbows, shifting on her side as she stared at her balcony.

 

"Yuri?"

 

She sat up immediately, scrambling off her bed and slipping her feet into her slippers as she hesitantly stepped towards the curtains. Pushing them aside, her face broke into a smile as her eyes caught sight of the blonde man, his eyes sparkling even in the dark.

 

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming back?" Daehyun whined, his eyes fixated on his fork as he guided the bite of cheesecake to her awaiting mouth, pulling it away to let her answer his question. She pouted disappointedly, prying her eyes away from the food to turn to look at him as he stared back expectantly.

 

"I wanted it to be a surprise..." she murmured, trailing off, pouting even more as Daehyun brought the fork to his lips instead, shaking his head slightly as he chewed.

 

"I would still be as surprised as when I found out even if you told me sooner..." he argued, pouting, mimicking her facial expression. She stuck her tongue out at him childishly, popping a strawberry into . The curtains fluttered as a slight wind began picking up, making the piece of paper in her bed slide off her bed, falling to the floor. The breeze settled before blowing again, causing the piece of paper to flitter past Yuri, alarming her. She reached out hurriedly to catch it, only to be intervened by a muscular arm as it picked out the piece of paper easily out of the air.

 

"Hmm? What's this?" Daehyun questioned as Yuri's eyes widened in alarm, her arms desperately reaching for the note. His eyes scanned the words written on the paper, his expression unreadable. Yuri bowed her head down silently, tugging at the hem of her blouse anxiously, waiting for a response from him. A pair of arms enveloped her, encasing her in a warm embrace, making her gasp.

 

"Pabo-yah. Why didn't you tell me something was bothering you?" he muttered in a mock angry tone, his voice muffled as he buried his face in her hair. Her eyes fluttered close in relief as she wrapped her arms around his neck, a sense of security overcoming her earlier doubts.

 

"I--I didn't want to doubt you... So I pondered over it a long time... I tried to think rationally! A--and so I wrote that..." she answered lamely, making the young man chuckle as he pulled away, his eyes boring into hers as they looked up at him guiltily.

 

"Silly noona..."

 

Yuri caressed his blonde hair absentmindedly as he lied down on the floor, head in her lap, her eyes never leaving his face as he held the piece of paper above him, reading the things she wrote earlier. Daehyun suddenly burst out into laughter as he sat up, startling Yuri as her hand froze mid-caress. He continued laughing as she silently pouted, making a face at the blonde.

 

"Ahh! It's too embarrassing!" Yuri whined, covering her face with her hands as she brought her knees up to her chest, kicking at the ground in embarrassment. She blushed at the thought of doubting a newly-engaged woman who was simply unable to control her excitement, much like her inability to control her embarrassment at that moment. Daehyun chuckled at the brunette, clearly enjoying her humiliation. His smile dropped however as he read the next line.

 

"Yah... What is this supposed to mean?" he grumbled, offended, pointing at one of the points Yuri wrote on the paper.

 

"Possibility Three. Daehyun injured his hand so Chilli(??) helped to stop the bleeding by applying pressure to his hand. He is laughing at his own stupidity and she was retelling the whole accident again because it was hilarious and dumb. **HIGH POSSIBILITY**"

 

Yuri giggled, her cheeks reddening as her eyes darted across the piece of paper, glancing at her pouting boyfriend.

 

“I didn’t want to jump to conclusions, pabo,” she defended, lightly knocking Daehyun’s head.

 

“Tch. Whatever you say...” he answered in a sing-song voice, clearly mocking her. Her jaw hung open in mock offense as she lightly hit his arm, causing him to flinch away. He glared at her challengingly, a smirk playing on his lips, mirroring her expression as she glared back. She squealed when a sudden weight was put on her as he tackled her to the ground, both of them landing on their side. With her back against his front, he held her to the floor using his legs, his hands moving down to tickle her sides, prompting endless giggles from the brunette.

 

He paused to let her catch her breath, resting his hands on her waist as they panted slightly with wide smiles on their faces. She let out a startled squeak as he pulled her closer, bringing his lips to her ear as well.

 

“I missed you.”

“I know.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too...”

“Stay.”

 

 

 

“Okay.”

 

~

Oh my gosh... This was so long and so pointless I can't even. /shot

So sorry for the crappy update. I really had no idea where I was going with the storyline.

Thanks for sticking around~

Till next time...