Did you forget that I was even alive?

Our Love is Like a Song | starring SNSD's Yuri

“Tag! You’re it!” little Yunho shouted excitedly as he tapped a little girl on the shoulder.


The girl turned, giving him a questioning look as the smile on his face dropped, not expecting an unfamiliar face.

“H-hello. I--I thought you were... Um...” Tripping over his words, he smiled awkwardly at the newcomer, scratching the side of his head uneasily. He diverted his attention to the ground as an awkward silence fell upon them. But the little girl continued to stare at his face expectantly, her drawing in the ground, long forgotten. Neither of them were willing to move or speak up when he felt a shove on his right shoulder. Stumbling backwards a little, he looked up only to be greeted by the girl’s back a few steps ahead of him.

“You’re it again now!” she called out to him as she ran away, giggling.


Amidst the laughing children sat a lone girl as she distractedly stared at the nostalgic scene before her, her long hair tucked behind her ears. Yuri cracked a bitter smile and shook her head slightly, looking down at her worn shoes as she got up to leave. Tucking her hands deeper into her coat pockets, she buried them there along with the memories this place held. Memories. She has since accepted that it’s all in the past now. But it certainly didn’t help that they happen to attend the same high school.

A little boy walked up the steps to his room distractedly, his eyebrows furrowed. He was still thinking about the conversation he had earlier with his classmates.

   “Girls have cooties!”

   “Cooties? Even Yuri?”

   “Of course! She’s dangerous! Don’t let her touch you okay?”

“What are you thinking about?” Hearing her voice, he stumbled back, pressing himself to the wall as the little girl shot him a quizzical look.

“Someone’s being extra weird tod--”

“D-don’t come any closer!” the boy screamed, interrupting her.

His back was still against the wall. Yunho glanced around behind the girl before moving along the wall around her; pressing his back into the wall to avoid her. Her widened eyes followed him as he winced whenever he bumped into the occasional doorway before he slipped into his room, slamming the door. The girl stared at the door momentarily, before raising an eyebrow at his ridiculous behaviour. Sighing, she rolled her eyes and trudged towards the boy’s bedroom door, attempting to turn the door knob handle.

“Open the stupid door, Yunho!” he froze and turned to face the direction in which the voice came from. He could almost feel her glares through the piece of wood and shivered at the thought of it.

“Go away, Yuri! I don’t want to get cooties!” he replied loudly. Yunho froze anxiously as he was met with a silence. It was short-lived as the door burst open and Yuri came running towards him, tackling him to the ground. Yunho groaned as he tried to push the younger girl off of him but she refused to budge, her arms wrapped tightly around the boy’s waist.

“What are you doing?! Get away from me!” he screamed hoarsely, unable to move. Yuri kept silent for a while before finally releasing him and straddled him instead, staring down at him with narrowed eyes as she gritted her teeth.

“Now you have my cooties so you can’t run anymore, okay? You have to be my best friend forever, okay?” she shouted in his face, her eyes widening slightly, searching his face for answers. He kept mum before nodding quickly. Scrambling off of him, the younger girl kneeled next to Yunho and held out her pinky.

“Pinky swear?”

“...Pinky swear.”

Liar.


Yuri rested her chin in her hands, her eyes following silently as a single drop of water rolled down the side of her unopened can of soda into the puddle underneath, much like how her heart plummets whenever he comes to mind. Yuri slightly shivered when his deep laugh reached her ears as he walked past her table to get to his group of best friends. Best friends. Neither of them fall into each others’ categories now. She sat up and stared into her lap, trying to convince herself that she was lucky; she got to see his real, shallow self before she fell even harder. But who’s to say she didn’t fall hard enough already?

Sighing, she mumbled an excuse to Yoona and made her way out of the cafe, deciding she needed some fresh air. Shoving her hand into her jeans pocket, Yuri kept her head down as she momentarily felt around in her pocket for her other source of heartache. She laughed at herself bitterly, at how pathetic she was being as she stared at the small, shiny object in her hand. It was her half of the shooting star charm. Running her thumbs over the engraving, she was again reminded of him.

“Pinky,” she muttered quietly before stumbling back and falling to the ground after having rammed into a stranger, or so she thought. opened slightly to mutter an apology but she stopped herself when she saw his face. He glanced at the metallic object near his feet emotionlessly, picking it up and inspecting it curiously.

“Is this yours?” he enquired with an eyebrow raised questioningly, shoving it in front of her face as she looked up at him from the ground.

He doesn’t remember?

Pushing herself back up on her feet, Yuri brushed at her clothes and snatched the charm out of his hand before bowing slightly and hurried off, scoffing slightly. Only memories.

Did you forget that I was even alive?


Yunho reached into his pocket and felt the cool, smooth surface of his own half of the charm.

“Swear,” he whispered, continuing on his way.

 

~

 

And that concludes my first oneshot!

This is actually the very first fanfic I have ever written so bear with me yeah? 

YunRi couple because I think he suits the character in this story...

I'll leave it up to your imagination what happens to them...

 

Sorry if I disappointed you guys... D':

 

Comment below which pairing you would like to see, maybe?

Till' next time...