I'm trying to be as much of myself as if you were here with me.

Our Love is Like a Song | starring SNSD's Yuri

 

Yuri’s eyes followed her finger as she absentmindedly traced her own features in the mirror. Running her hands through her messy hair, she sighed and looked away from her reflection, not wanting to look into her own pained eyes. Her steps were heavy as she stepped out of the bathroom, her fingers only slightly poking out from under her sleeves. Keeping her head down, she began her morning routine; only today, it would be incomplete.

 

“Your coffee’s ready,” she whispered to the empty kitchen, setting down two cups of coffee onto the counter. Plopping down onto a stool, she stared mindlessly at the dark brown contents, tears welling up in her eyes. Yuri stood up abruptly, grabbing the two cups and pouring the contents down the drain, biting at her lip desperately. Letting out a scream, she held onto the sides of the sink for support and bowed her head. Her shoulders shook as she gritted her teeth, her cheeks already soaked with tears. She let out a shaky breath, her eyes closed, dabbing at her tears with her sleeves before making her way towards the refrigerator. As expected it was almost empty, looks like she would have to go grocery shopping.

 

Yuri pushed her cart down the aisle, wordlessly filling it up with food for two.

 

“He would like this. It’s his favourite flavour... Was, at least.”

 

Halting her steps, Yuri’s hands left the cart and she hesitantly stepped back before hurrying out of the supermarket, wanting to leave before she had another meltdown.

 

Yuri solemnly stared at the ground as she wandered around the neighbourhood, desperate for a distraction. The bells on her bracelet jingled softly as she brought her hands up to tuck her hair behind her ears, regretting it instantly as she stopped in her tracks to stare at the source of the jingling. With a sigh, she struggled to take it off and buried it in her pockets, not allowing herself to reminisce. Her hasty steps slowed as a familiar cafe came into view, its interior looking more inviting than usual. Before she had the chance to turn away, a friendly voice called out to her.

 

“Yuri-sshi?”

 

The raindrops made a soft tapping sound as they hit the window filling the silence in the booth Yuri was in. She gazed absentmindedly at the people outside as they rushed to find shelter. Her thoughts were interrupted as the warm scent of hot chocolate engulfed her, making her flutter her eyes close inhaling deeply. She looked up to see Taeyeon, the warm smile on her face comforting the younger girl instantly as she felt the ends of her own mouth curl up unconsciously in return. Taeyeon’s face broke into a grin at the sight, making her eyes look slightly smaller as she gestured at the cup containing the rich, brown liquid before hurrying away to attend to the other customers.

 

Yuri brought the cup to her lips, savouring the smell for a moment before taking a small sip, relaxing as the warm liquid slid down . Pulling away slowly, she let out a satisfied sigh and set the cup down, wanting to make it last. Her eyes were drawn to the seat across her in the booth that has always been occupied by him.

 

They had the best conversations over hot drinks and pastries, talking about everything under the sun; their words didn’t really matter as they simply relished each other’s company. Throughout their conversations, their drinks would be long forgotten as they idly stirred the cold contents, neither making a move to interrupt the other and consume anything. She was snapped out of it when the entrance of the cafe opened, making the bells attached to it ring. Yuri ducked her head down, unaware that she was spacing out for so long. Hastily paying for her drink, she exited the warm haven into the cold streets, slightly shivering at the sudden change of temperature. Wrapping her coat around herself tightly, she began the journey back to her apartment.

 

“What would you like to eat? Spaghetti? How about leftovers instead? Mum left some here yesterday,” she muttered quietly to herself, pulling out a container of cold meatloaf from the refrigerator before shoving it into the microwave to heat it up. She shuffled to the couch, plopping onto it lazily as she reached for the remote. A distant beep made her look up towards the kitchen.

 

“Could you help me with that?” she mumbled to herself before defeatedly stepping into the kitchen to eat.

 

The cold apartment was silent as Yuri laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. Sighing, she turned to her side, gripping at the blanket as her eyes begin to water once more.

“You left and took half of me with you. What do I do now?”

 

All that she could hope for was to be able to meet him soon.

 

A small, circular container rolled off her bedside table easily, its contents long gone. As it hit the floor, the sound momentarily filled the otherwise silent room.

 

Not even a paced breathing could be heard.

 

~

 

And done with the second oneshot!

The male lead remains anonymous so I'll leave it up to you who Yuri is in love with...

 

This is one is a wee bit depressing but at least they're together in the end...

No promises for an update tomorrow since I'm sick...

Till' next time...