02

The Last Date

 

 
 
"Niel ah.." whispered in awe.
"Its beautiful.."
She admired the million diamonds in the night sky.
 
He simply chuckled.
 
They had reached the forest.
And Niel tugged 's hand leading to the cleared spot in the midst of cherry blossoms and a sleek river.
 
The moon light made the river look like a liquid silver flowing in an unknown rhythm of the nature.
 
"Niel ah... You did this all?" she smiled and he proudly smiled back.
 
"Yes baby. Just for you.."
He plucked one of the pink cherry blossoms and  kept on her hair, behind her ear.
 
"Baby, did you know that we are lucky today?" he grinned.
 
"Why?" she asked curiously as the admired each and every single details of beauty, including Niel.
"Because of the cherry blossoms?"
 
"Yep. Its like they knew I wanted to show them to you.." He laughed. 
"Because this happens only once in a blue moon and if we had to come tomorrow.. The blossoms would have gone already."
 
And he checked the time. He realized that the food was going cold slowly.
"You're hungry, babe?"
 
"I am??" she evilly chuckled.
 
"Aish! I'm trying to be a gentleman here! You wicked girl!" he whined playfully.
 
"Hahah" she laughed.
"Why, thank you,  Niel."
 
Maybe she wasn't sweet and innocent as she looked.
She was evil all right. Just the perfect girl for mischievous Niel.
 
"Aish. You mean girl!"
With that, he pushed her to the table set up beside the river under the bright night sky shimmered by the celestial bodies.
 
Then he pulled back one chair.
"Beautiful lady first." he grinned.
 
"Thank you, handsome gentleman." she played along with a bow and sat down while he pushed the chair back with her.
 
Then he went and occupied the chair opposite to her and smiled at his beautiful girlfriend.
 
"What are you looking at, Niel?"
 
"Nothing." he chuckled and lighted up the candles on the middle of the table smoothly with his lighter.
 
The golden yellow glow suddenly embraced the two figures sitting face to face giving the scenario a greek mythic touch.
 
And soon, they delicately ate the food that was prepared and kept earlier.
 
"Niel.. This is the best date ever!" she whispered as she played with champagne filled glass after they finished their food.
 
"Thanks baby." he smiled and sipped a bit of champagne from his own slender glass.
"I wanted to give you the best."
 
Then a comfortable silence settled over them.
 
" ah.. May I have the honor to dance with you.." he smiled and got up.
 
"Yes please." she played along again as she kept her palm on his out stretched hand.
 
Niel pulled her up.
She wrapped her arms around his neck while he securely but loosely hugged her waist.
They soon started to sway silently to an unknown rhythm that only they could recognize.
 
Then he leaned and caught her lips in a gentle kiss.
"Happy birthday to you, ah.."
He smiled.
 
"Its my birthday already?" she chuckled. "Thanks Niel." and she hugged him. 
"Thank you sooo much!"
 
 
 
It was midnight.
Few more hours left.
 
Only if they knew..