The y Guy who Lives in Itaewon

Swearing, , People and Cigarettes

 

Later that day at the office I got a text from someone who was encoded as ‘The Anonymous Jinki’ in my phone. A smile spread across my face and one of my new colleagues saw it.

“Uhh~,” he began teasingly. “Who’s the lucky girl? Who’s captured the forever hardworking Lee Changsun’s heart?”

It was weird to think that he only was a few months older than me, but he acted like an immature child. I smiled wryly at him though.

“It’s not a girl,” I said, kind of defending myself, “and he hasn’t captured my heart.”

“Buu~,” Seungho sounded disappointed. It was kind of strange to see this grown up man unknowingly making aegyo. Seungho said he hated to do aegyo, but he obviously had some natural aegyo I guess you can call it. Or else he simply made fun of me. Either of the two. “Not fun.”

“He ran into me this morning and then suddenly and out of nowhere I was in the middle of a fight between two grown men, yelling at each other,” I clicked my ballpoint pen out and in multiple times. An annoying habit, but I couldn’t seem to get rid of it. “It was really weird.”

“What did they argue about?” Seungho asked, voice returning back to normal. He obviously made fun of me. He rolled his chair over to the printer, not caring to walk the few meters.

“Something about their lives …” I pulled out the pause to look at Seungho’s reaction. Nothing really happened, so I continued. “And then one of them yelled to ‘go himself’.”

Seungho laughed at this when he rolled back with his papers. “He did?”

“Yeah,” I answered kind of proudly. “The person who was told to ‘go himself’ then exclaimed that he would if the other hadn’t already been there.”

Seungho laughed even harder at this. Some of the others at the small office seemed to notice and glared at us. We usually always talked when we worked. Compared to all the others in the office we talked a lot.

“You live in Itaewon, right?” Seungho suddenly asked. I didn’t remember telling him where I lived, but he was right, so I nodded. “Oh~ the sweetness and freedom of Itaewon.”

“What do you mean?” I asked. I never got an answer, because my phone rang. ‘The Anonymous Jinki’. “I have to pick this one up.”

Seungho nodded and pointed at the door, indicating me to go to a more private place. I chose the toilet and I don’t know why.

“Hello?” I asked curiously after I picked it up.

I heard a cough in the other end of the line. “Am I speaking with Cha-Chanseung?”

I let out a frustrated sigh. “If you mean ‘Changsun’, then yes.”

“Changsun it was,” he said to himself. “I’ll try to remember it!”

It didn’t sound like he meant it; he just brushed it to the side.

“Why did you call?” I asked, already a little impatient. He called in the middle of work, no sane person would do that except if it was really, really important. This conversation wouldn’t probably be that important.

“Oh, that’s right!” there was some background noise, so he probably was at a store or in a street, because the noise wasn’t that loud. Only some muffled voices, talking calmly to each other. “I want to pay back for the favor you did. You really helped me out.”

“And you need to explain,” I said a little hard, but I wanted to know why I did that this morning.

“Of course, of course,” he said halfheartedly. “I’ll text you the information in a bit and then I’ll look forward to see you.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later then,” I said, already wondering about how I should tell Seungho that I’d made a “date” with a guy I didn’t know.

“See you later Cheungseun.”

Jinki had already hung up before I could correct him. I sighed in defeat and went back to the office. Seungho was working hard until he saw me coming in. I sat down by my desk, waiting for him to start the conversation. He always started the conversations we had.

“Well?” as predicted he started the conversation. “Was it the guy you met this morning?”

“Yeah,” I answered and felt a blush creeping onto my cheeks. That sure was a little strange.

“What did he want?” Seungho asked curious. He’d leaned forward so he could get a few inches closer to me. He obviously liked to gossip or else he just had an interest in my life.

“He kind of asked me out,” I said honestly. Why should I lie? I didn’t like ‘The Anonymous Jinki’ anyway. He forgot my name constantly, even though I thought it was kind of cute.

“That’s great to hear!” Seungho said enthusiastically. “Now our masculine and hardworking Lee Changsun will have a date and soon a lovely boyfriend. Before we know it you’ll get married and adopt a baby.”

“No, Seungho,” I said determined. “I’m not gay, you should have figured that out a long time ago.”

“Says the y Korean guy who lives in Itaewon,” he laughed at me.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked once again with my voice raised a little bit higher than necessary. He’d said this before I got the call from Jinki, but he didn’t answer me.

“Don’t worry about that my friend,” Seungho went to smile at me. A creepy smile if you asked me. “You’ll know sooner or later.”

 


 

A/N: Chapter 2 out of 3~~ Hope you enjoyed it...?

I have a bad news ;~; (even though it won't affect you xD) I think I have a writer's block and that's really annoying when I'm writing on three different stories ;~; To make it even worse I have a lot of math homework I need to do -.-'

But as I wrote; this writer's block won't affect you >:D

See you~!! :D
And please do comment .__.

And I only post this gif because I love them and want them to come back now *_*