First and Last Date

When We First Met

No.

Where can you possibly be?

 

Once again, you found yourself squashed among the crowd of busy people. Running around like a lost person, you quickly hold on the polished window for dear life. Yes, you didn't care how long have you been running around, how exhausted you feel nor how desperate you are. All you wanted to do is, finding him.

Quickly, you breathed in and pulled both of your legs back up. Determined, you continued your search all around, passing by memories of that day. Tears started swelling up in your eyes, then you fixed your gaze through the people passing by.

Still, no luck. Inhale, exhale.

Dragging your exhausted self, you clutched onto the hanging white star necklace laced around your neck.

 

Please, don't disappear in my life just yet.

*****

 

 

Both of you finally ended up in the crowded streets of Myeongdong.

The slightly awkward moment earlier was brushed out by the sudden reminder of the upcoming arrival to the next station. Without hesitation, both you and Luhan pulled away from each other and scurried out as soon as the train's doors opened.

Aigoo, what happened to me earlier?

Your faced eased from the tension, then you shrugged towards Luhan who was waiting for you a few steps ahead.

 

"I guess we're here in Myeongdong," He calmly said with a soft smile on his face, "I've never been here before, so I think it'll be a nice start of my stay here in Korea."

Whoa, Myeongdong? I can't believe I actually ended up here, it's been a long time.

Both of you walked up to be greeted by the busy districts around. Your eyes adored the scenery and the lights, amused by the sight you haven't laid eyes on for quite some time.

"Whoa.. This place is really crowded, just like home in Beijing!"

You heard Luhan muttered to himself beside you with adoring eyes, suddenly you feel like your heart skipped a beat at the sight. Because of such nervousness, you started to find any other things to do to get yourself occupied other than counting your rapid heartbeat. Suddenly, you glanced at your watch and stared at the time.

Noon.

Unexpectedly, your stomach growled thanks to the hunger.

God. Thanks a lot.

You closed your eyes and bit your lips, embarrassing yourself in front of a boy you just met is absolutely embarrassing! Hoping that Luhan hadn't heard the super-humiliating growl you just made, you playfully patted your tummy to mentally remind it to stop growling.

 

"Want to have lunch?" Luhan kindly offered you, he actually did notice the growl and your little self-argument. You tilted your head around and faced Luhan. No, he wasn't laughing at you. Gladly, you slightly nodded in reply, then Luhan grabbed your wrist with his warm hand and motioned you to follow him. Without thinking twice, you quietly followed him behind with a slight blush creeping onto your cheeks.

*****

 

"Here's your order," a waitress placed two hot plates of bibimbap on the table.

 

Earlier, Luhan brought you into a Korean restaurant and let you sit on a table by the window. Your ordered bibimbap since you often ate it when you were younger, so you would love to have a plate of it before leaving. Luhan was astonished by the list of food in the menu, since he didn't recognize any of them, he decided to have the same kind of order like you did.

"Let's eat!" Luhan declared after the waitress left both of you. All you did was nod in reply, slowly you scooped a spoonful of rice and ate the whole thing.

"Unff..!"

Hot! Hot! How can you basically shove in a spoonful of hot rice into your mouth without blowing it first, you pabo!

Luhan watched you shaking and covering your mouth with both hands then occasionally fanning it with a hand. He lightly chuckled at your 'clumsiness' and brought your glass of drink close to your mouth meaning for you to drink it.

"Here, drink this then you'll feel better," without hesitating, your hand voluntarily took the cold glass and sipped in the drink. Luhan smiled at the sight of you calming down.

"Thanks," you placed the glass back down, "I know I'm a really clumsy and stupid person..."

He chuckled again, "Be careful next time, now eat your food slowly, okay? Don't want to see you burning yourself," You nodded and laughed with him, obediently eating your food afterwards.

 

 

After eating your peacefully-ended lunch, both of you continued walking around the streets of Myeongdong. Sometimes, Luhan or you would point out displayed clothes behind the glass of the shops then talk about wearing them.

After walking around for a short moment, Luhan abruptly stopped in front of a stall selling tteokbokki. You saw his cute innocent face staring at the cooking rice cakes and laughed.

"Luhan, do you know what are these?" You joked towards him but slowly stopped laughing and turned serious, "These are tteokbokki, they're rice cakes."

Tteokbokki, keke. They remind me of times when I used to often buy them on the street but appa always got mad because he says they're unhealthy for me.

"I saw them a lot around the street, I think they taste delicious. Would you like to have one?" Luhan kindly offered you as he walked towards the stand and started ordering the tteokbokki.

No matter how much you wanted to say yes, the thoughts about your unstable health rang in your mind. What should I do? I wanted to have at least one of them but it won't be good. However, eating just a bit won't hurt right? After all, I don't think I'll be able to do that once I left.

"S-sure, yeah, sure!" You finally manage to find your voice back, sighing, you took a deep breath and reminded yourself that a bit of snack won't hurt.

"Here's yours," Luhan held a bowl of tteokbokki for you. You took it and thanked him with a small smile curved on your face. You took one and slowly bit on the rice cake, it's been a really long time you haven't had them. After swallowing a small bite, your face delighted, and continued eating the snack happily.

Luhan caught you eating carelessly, leaving sauce around your lips. He smiled and walked closer towards you.

 

Your body tensed at the sudden contact, your eyes snapped at the feelings that made you feel somehow uneasy. You saw Luhan's fingers carefully yet softly brushed the sauce around your lips. Right then, you can feel the touch of his fingers on your lips. Instantly, a shade of pink flushed through your cheeks again.

"Next time don't eat messily, how careless can you actually be?" Luhan lightly giggled and pulled his fingers back.

"H-hey! I'm not so careless you know!" You shouted at Luhan playfully, then took a piece of tissue to wipe your mouth. The feelings and warmth earlier still stuck in you, what was it earlier? I know it was just a slight touch but the more I think of it the more I wanted it. Why am I acting so weird?

 

 

You continued your walk around Myeongdong with Luhan beside you. At a glimpse, you saw a shop selling cute and beautiful accessories. Your eyes stuck at the sight, you wanted to stop and visit it but it feels weird if you ask Luhan to stop.

Unexpectedly, Luhan was aware and he saw you stopped and stared at something. His eyes followed what you're looking at and he realized. A smile climbed back up to his face.

"You want to take a look for a while?" Luhan's voice made you clicked back to reality. How in the world is he able to read my mind? He knew exactly what I wanted, is he really an angel?

 

Ring, the sound of a bell rang the second you opened the door leading to the accessory shop you found earlier. You slowly stepped inside with Luhan trailing behind you. The shop was colored in soft pink and yellow filled with different kind of jewelries, you stared at the displayed accessories and gulped. I wish I wasn't sick, I would be able to wear these pretty jewelry then.

"Welcome to the Cherry Accessory shop," a cute girl dressed in a pink frilly dress greeted you.

You walked around the store and carefully observed the different kind of accessories laid on the display table. Until, you caught a sight of a cute star necklace. The necklace was colored partly gold and partly white with a circle on the middle. You took the necklace off its display stand and adored it.

"It's a special necklace miss, there's only one left in the store because many people came by and bought it," you listened attentively to the girl, "It's actually a couple necklace, you can separate the white and gold part from each other. But when both is combined together, it became one whole star."

After listening to the short explanation, you tried pulling the parts from each other. Yes, it is indeed two necklaces. You turned around and saw Luhan standing behind you watching your every move.

"Do you like the necklace?" Luhan asked but you only pitifully glanced back at the now separated star necklaces, "I guess I'll take the necklace then."

Astonished, you tried stopping Luhan from purchasing the necklace. "No, really, it won't be necessary for you to buy the necklace if.."

"Don't worry, I liked the necklace too. But do you mind if I wear one half of the necklace?" Luhan politely asked you while staring into your eyes. You bit your lower lip and gave in, "Yes, of course." Then Luhan kindly smiled and proceeded to the cashier.

"Both of you really made a sweet couple," you heard the girl dressed in the cute uniform giggled, "You're really lucky to have such an understanding boyfriend you know."

Her words made you blush furiously, "B-but we.."

"Hey," Luhan interrupted your blabbering, "Here, you can take this one, and I'll take the golden one." He gently smiled and handed you the white piece of the star necklace. You hesitantly took the necklace, but all of sudden, Luhan took the necklace back. Ah! You snapped back, feeling dissapointment rush through your figure, wondering why did he take the necklace back.

Luhan took the necklace, then he placed it on for you. "There, it really looked nice on you," he gladly curved his lips to a wide smile. You looked up to face him, speechless and surprised. Then you spot the white star dangling on your neck, finally a smile is able to climb up to your face.

"Come on, let's go," Luhan's voice rang through your ears. You only nodded with a smile still etched to your face. Both of you then quickly exited the shop going somewhere only God knows.

*****

 

Both of you continued walking, until the Sun slowly decided to retreat itself. You glanced at your watch, it's 5p.m. already. A slight worry engulfed yourself, but you shrugged it away remembering that Luhan will be by your side. Realizing that soon both of you must part, you heart ached a lot.

Luhan found you behind with an uneasy look, so he stopped and went for a short look around and spotted a quite empty park near. Again, your little wrist found itself back on Luhan's warm grip. He walked straight, you wondered where will he take you but all you wanted to do was to follow him, being close to him until your time is finally up.

You found yourself being led on to a small quiet park, Luhan then motioned for you to sit on a bench. You nodded and obeyed him.

"Wait for a while okay? I'll be back soon," Luhan told you. "Wait, no... can't I come with you?" You asked, wishing that he won't leave you even for a second. You only longed to be able to stay with him until the end, but unbelievably, Luhan rejected your wish.

"No, it won't take long," he said while smiling. His eyes felt a bit of discomfort. Why is she acting so weirdly? I'm only going to get her something to eat so she won't feel so sick.

But you ended up giving in, letting him go. If only I have the courage to tell him what's going to happen next...

You felt tears filling in your eyes, as strong as you can, you tried not to let it fall. Unexpectedly, that little tough moment you had alone was disturbed a loud buzz from your bag. Bzz..bzz.. You opened your purse and dug for the source of the noise while trying so hard to hold your tears back. It was just your phone.

Lazily, you opened your phone and checked who the caller might be. And after recognizing the caller's ID, your eyes bulged out at the shock you felt from the name of the ID: Appa.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

[A/N] Yes this is a really long chapter, yes.

I hope I didn't disappoint you readers by updating a tidbit late okay? :D

Love you all, thanks for reading this story. Especially readers who have been patiently reading since the beginning, subscribers, silent readers and all. I am really thankful for it.

-blackprincess1310