The Journey Back in Time

When We First Met

Luhan...

Where are you?

 

You scrambled your way through the crowd of people in the subway, your worried eyes searching through the crowd of people.

Sigh, still no luck of finding him.

Panting, you steadied yourself on a wall. Inhale, then exhale. Calmly, you found your normal state back. The rush from the park to the subway was uneasy for you. But for him, you'll gladly run a marathon just to find his angelic smile again. Standing tall, you stepped nearby the edge and impatiently waited for the upcoming train.

I can't give up just yet, this is just the beginning.

Feeling determined, you stepped aboard the next train that arrived. No matter what, you've got to find him. No matter what.

*****

 

Exactly two years ago, you, a weak and sick girl was given a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be free.

 

Ah, finally...

You breathed the air of freedom into yourself. Today, will be the last day in Seoul for you. Starting from tomorrow, you shall start a new life in the States. Of course, by that, you will have a much better life no matter how much you will miss Seoul, your hometown. First, you will regain your old self again, no more sick-and-weak-me. Second, you can avoid those mean bullies at school eternally. So, your parents have agreed to give you your one and only freedom that you've begged for since the past few years. 

It was all perfect.

The views, the people scattered around, the sounds of chit-chats and car noises, and of course, the city itself. Your eyes were fixed into the scene, really fixed you did not even realized what lies ahead of you...

 

 

"KYAAA!"

Your own deafening scream blinded your ears, you just crashed your weak figure into an unknown stranger!

No. It was supposed to be a perfect undisturbed day.

All you can feel that time was a very slow motion of yourself about to fall onto the hard concrete ground. Eyes closed, you only hoped for a miracle to save your life.

Thud. There goes, the crash. No, wait a seond, this is weird. You did not feel the numbness you're supposed to feel, or the hurt you're supposed to suffer that moment. Instead, all you can feel was a very warm embrace around your body.

 

Paralysed, you decided you open your eyes slowly to find out what actually happened. Your weak self still clinging its dear life to the warm embrace. The bright sunlight blurred your vision for a moment, then everything started to get clear. That moment, you realized, you were facing a feature of what you pictured of as an 'angel'.

No way... this is unreal right? Or am I seriously dead?

You found yourself staring at the 'angel' for quite some time already, then you decided you break the ice between both of you. Steadily, you fixed yourself and straightened up. You felt a slight burn creeping up to your cheeks, observing what seemed to be a normal scenery, it seemed as if everything was so real. Then, you caught a figure before yourself, it was pretty tall compared to you, a small and quite lean self, and a really mystifying gaze and expression hung on its face.

 

"Uh umm.. are you okay?" You heard the "angel" spoke, then at a click, you snapped yourself back to reality.

Goodness gracious, that figure is still there. So this was all real!

"Ah, umm, d-dui bu qi..ani! What I mean was 'mianhae'! Mianhae!" the boy, you finally figured out blurted out in his awkward korean accent, "It was my fault, I was pretty lost and there, I bumped you! Mianhae!" The boy bowed several times.

You observed him from top to bottom, surprising to your mind, he does have a really 'angelic' figure and somehow a weird Korean accent. Holding your fist tightly, you started to mumble, "N-no, it was fine. I'm perfectly fine. S-see? I-I'm fine, don't w-worry!" Embarrassed, you covered your mouth with both your hands.

The boy stopped talking at glanced at your for another moment, this time, his gaze was deep and his face was covered with a worried expression. No, I didn't mean to scare him. He's probably thinking I lost my mind or something... err, not good.

Your hands started to sweat, and your weak legs won't be able to support your body any longer. A second, you're about to collapse so you quickly shut your eyes closed.

Instead, again, that warm feeling you felt from the embrace earlier rose again. This time it was on your hand and your forehead, what happened? Your eyes opened again, even more surprised, you found that boy's hand on your forehead and another on your hand. He was kind of, supporting you.

 

Have I just encountered an angel?

That question lingered inside your head. Without realizing, your face started to turn crimson and there's a pounding feeling inside. No, I can't fall here... The boy fixed his gaze upon you, then affectionately smiled, "I think you need a rest."

So, you ended up following him into the park with your fingers intertwined with his.

*****

 

"My name is Luhan," you heard the boy mumbled as he gently rubbed his hand on your forehead. It was actually quite soothing for you, and Luhan?

"I don't come from here, so probably my Korean doesn't sound good," you nodded as you listened to Luhan carefully. He continued talking while he was attending to the nearly-collapsing you. You kept on nodding, but slowly you weren't paying attentiom to him instead you fixed your eyes to his face, observing each and every detail on it. Wow, his eyes were sparkling and his smile was really angelic, his blonde hair twinkled and his fair skin matches it perfectly.

 

In conclusion, what you've gained from his speech to you was: his name is Luhan. A 21-year-old Chinese transfer student who have been learning Korean. But you giggled when you heard him say that he got lost the next day he arrived in Korea and yes, it was today.

You quietly thought, if Luhan wasn't lost, I probably would not be able to meet an angel.. The thought made you smile.

It actually caught Luhan's attention, then he started to smile too. You couldn't stop yourself any longer, and started laughing. Magically, it feels like the searing pain that you felt earlier was gone in a blink of an eye. Luhan joined you laughing too, both of you ended up staring at each other sometimes. And when that happened, you can feel your cheeks slightly burn.

 

 

 

"Hey, why not come with me?" You politely offered Luhan after both of you finally stopped laughing. The thought of you going tomorrow hurts your heart a little bit. But after realizing that Luhan was by your side, it quickly disappeared. At first, you caught Luhan was pretty surprised at your sudden offer. Ah! Why should I suddenly offer him to come with me? You know he'll refuse you! But another part of you knew that tomorrow, you won't be seeing an 'angel' any longer. So you still wished for him to accept your offer.

Out of the blue, you saw Luhan smiled like an angel and nodded in reply. You can feel a sudden flutter in your heart, but you were too occupied to notice. At last, both of you went to the underground subway station again, with intertwined fingers. Happily, you marched off downstairs ignoring the fact that Luhan will disappear from your life tomorrow.

*****

 

 

The platform both of you were on was packed. There wasn't any seats left empty for you. At the end, Luhan and you were forced to squeeze real close together in the middle.

Eottokhae? The train is packed an it's really hurting me. The closed space around you made you uneasy, you held the post tightly with one hand and the other tightly rounded. Your nails started poking your skin and it wasn't good. All of a sudden, someone accidentally shoved the person behind you motioning that person to bump you. No, this ain't getting better. Gritting your teeth, you  closed your eyes hoping for the ride to arrive quicker.

Luhan saw the reaction that you made after the person bumped you. He got a questioned look at first, wondering why do you seem so fragile. His lips suddenly curved to a small frown, his mind lost in thoughts. You looked to the floor of the platform, feeling sick. You can't just faint in public, and you also did not want Luhan to know your weak self. So you forced youself to hold on. Stunned and glued to the floor, the warmth earlier you're longing for popped up.

 

 

You blinked several times to confirm yourself. Was it real? Was it really happening? Or am I just imagining things? 

You found your figure being held close and securely into Luhan. This was closer than the fall, you can actually feel your heartbeat accelerating in an uncontrollable rate by now. Nonetheless, the thing you found most amazing that time, you can actually hear Luhan's heartbeat too. 

His heartbeat was unbelievably racing too. You never expected, but it really is the truth. You lowered your head and watched the floor. His hand wrapped my back pulling me closer than ever, his heartbeat raced through his chest so loudly I can hear each and every one beat. Your faced burned like a tomato, you never knew that today, an 'angel' knocked your heart making you fall head over heels. Covering your tomato-face by ducking your head lower, you bit your bottom lip hardly trying to control yourself. Not knowing either, that actually..

Luhan was blushing uncontrollably and he was gritting his teeth to stop himself from wrapping you closer. His fingers shivering from the sudden touch to you. He tried to convince himself that he did this just to make you feel safe, but inside his heart, that thought was debated by another feeling he never expected to come.

He shrugged the feelings aside, trying to forget the pressure inside. Luhan bit his inner cheeks then calmly straighten up.

 

Both of you stayed immobile for a long time. It feels as if that was the longest train-ride in both of your lives. Yet none of you, intended to make a move to stop it.

Because inside, both you and Luhan wished to be able to stop time and cherish this moment forever.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

[A/N] How was it?? >______<

This is the first time I tried to write about deer Lu and I hope you guys shall accept the awkward-angel Lulu.

Please tell me your comments about this chapter and don't forget to subscribe!

Kindly wait for the next chapter okay? ^__^

-blackprincess1310