Pieces Found

Love Lost?

"I'm really amazed how Minho is taking all of this."

"I know right. If the yeobo of my dreams was getting married to someone else, I'll raise Hell. Not just murder pillows."

"You're crazy, but I'll probably do the same. Let's get back to see how the rest of this goes down."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The rest of the weekend, Taemin spent with me. He didn't feel like being caught up in all the wedding drama. He calmed me down and by Monday I was basically trying to keep my head off of it all. 

"Minho, she wants to make me a flower girl!" Taemin saids to me on Wednesday as we're getting ready for our next class. 

"Aw Taebaby! You'll make an adorable flower girl!" exclaimed Key on the other side of me. We hadn't seen him since Chaerin's party. Apparently, his boyfriend came to town and they spent the weekend catching up. Key's boyfriend is in college, I forgot his name though. When we told Key the news about Jin Sang's marriage plans, he was kinda of surprised. He naturally felt sorry for me, of course. But he also seemed kind of guilty as well. I don't know why though. 

"Key! I'm a guy!" asserted Taemin. 

"So, you're still cute like a girl," I said jokingly. Key laughed.

"That's not even funny, hyung," Taemin pouted. "Minzy thinks of me as a man." Apparently, Minzy and Taemin were on their way to being a power couple. "Dance match in Heaven" Key saids. Interesting how that sounds familar.

"Oh, speaking of Minzy, she told me to give you this." Taemin hands me a piece of folded paper. 

"It's from Sandara. Minzy saids she's been talking about you all weekend." It was sealed with a pink lip gloss kiss. Inside was a phone number. I looked at the kiss mark, smiling from the memories of the lips that made it. Sandara may be the best kisser I've ever met.

"Those lips did look soft."

"Don't get slapped, yeobo." You're really going to have a fight in my head, Voices?

"Sorry," saids Voice One. I don't know why, but that particular voice sounded really familar. I looked over at Key, who was staring at the paper and biting his lip. Was it me or did he have a weird glow?

"Key," I said. He snapped out of his daze, and the glow disappeared. What was that about?

"What?" he said, looking at me. 

"Do you want to hang out with me and Tae after school? We're probably gonna play basketball or something," I said to him, but he shook his head. 

"Sorry, not today guys," he said. 

"Aww. Why not?" asked Taemin.

"Uhh... I have to help out in the store today," he said. Key owns a bridal store. He's the emancipated youth of some wealthly folks so he decided to open a bridal. Don't ask me why.

"Okay then. We'll just hang out some other time," I said. 

"Yeah. See you later," Key waves good bye as he goes off to class.

"See you later." Taemin and I head off to class as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that afternoon after three games of basketball, Taemin and I were taking a break. We decided to go into to town and get so food. The cafe we went to is the same one I took Jin Sang to for our anniversaries. I started thinking about Onew's story of him and Jin Sang. "A friend of a friend?" A friend of Jin Sang's and Onew's friend's, Jonghyun's, boyfriend... What the heck? Who was that guy?

As soon as our food was ready, Taemin and I left the cafe. There were too many memories there. We sat and ate our food on a bench across the street from a bunch of shops. 

"Hey, isn't Key's job somewhere around here?" Taemin asked, taking the last bite of his sandwich. 

"Yeah," I said, spotting the bridal store just a short walk away. There were some cars in front of it. He might be busy.

"We'll just look in the window to see if he is busy or not," I said, throwing my food paper away. 

We walked down the street to Key's shop. I looked through the window to see Key sitting crossed-legged with some older women on the couch in front of the mirror and platform. The oldest woman looked like Taemin's mom.

"Hey Tae, isn't that your mom?"

"Yeah, this is where Jin Sang must be getting her dress shopping done," he answered.  Makes sense. Key's shop is the best bridal in town. I was happy he was getting business. 

Jin Sang came out into the main room and I wasn't prepared. She had on a form fitting dress that flared at the bottom. It showed off her S-line body figure. Her heart-shaped face had that "glow" that you get when you're in love. She was smiling like some had given her the world, and my heart sunk because I wasn't the one that gave it to her. felt my heart She was beautiful. Actually beyond beautiful. She looked like a goddess. 

Jin Sang's mom and friends jumped up clapping when they saw her. Jin Sang went up to Key, who was strangly clapping the wildest. She threw her arms around him and they jumped up and down with excitement. Key smiled at her. It wasn't a salesman's smile though. No. It was a geuniue smile. As in "I'm happy-one-of-my-best-friends-are-getting-married" smile. Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Key's boyfriend's name... is Jonghyun.

"Key!" I busted into the bridal shop. I went straight for Key, who looked shocked once he heard my voice. He pushed Jin Sang out the way just as I pinned him to the wall. 

"Key! You brought them together?!" I said to him in a stern voice. 

"Minho, you might want to do this in the back," Key said, now oddly calm.

"Answer me first. Did. You. Bring. Jin Sang. And. Onew. Together?" I asked. Key nodded.

Sonofab***h! I brought my fist back because now was definetely the time to punch someone. 

"Minho!" It was Jin Sang. Key and I, who had not even braced himself for a punch, looked at her. Her doll face looked quite angry. I looked from her to her friends to Taemin and his mom. They all looked disturbed and shocked at my behavior. 

It wasn't the place or time for this. I looked back at everyone and at Key. His eyes were understanding. I lowered my fist. I took a step back from Key and released him from the wall. 

"Excuse us, everyone," said Key, straighten his outfit. I followed Key to the back of the shop. Taemin's mom held him from coming back with us. 

"Aish, Minho! You grabbing my shirt almost ripped it! Do you know how much this fabric cost?! And do you know how long it took me to arrange this outfit to perfect? The nerve!" Key said when we got to the back room. He adjusted his outfit while standing in front of a full lenght mirror. 

"Why did you do it, Key?" I asked him. Key fixed his hair absent-mindly. 

"I did it because I hate seeing pretty girls cry," he answered, not looking at me.

"Key, you know I love her!" I almost shouted at him. "Why did you do this to me?!"

"Minho? Key? What is going on back here?" asked Jin Sang as she entered the room. She was still in her wedding gown. Standing there right in front of me I finally took in all of her. Her pale slim figure seemed to glow, wrapped in that white dress. Her eyes beautifully framed by long eyelashes over a cute nose and doll lips. She was so beautiful. I couldn't help myself. 

The kiss took her by surprise. She slapped me away. However, what took me by surprise was she had actually kissed me back before pushing me away. 

"Minho!" she yelled. She covered her face in her hands because she had realized what she had done. "I can't do this! I'm getting married!"

"Jin Sang, you should not have came back here," Key sighed going over to her and putting a friendly arm around her shoulder. "I'll ring you up in the front, okay?" He said, patting her shoulder. 

"Okay. Thanks Key, " Jin Sang said. She smiled faintly at him and turned to leave the room. 

"Wait," I said, catching her by the arm. 

"Jin Sang, I'm sorry," I looked her in her eyes. They looked remorseful and clouded by what seemed like memories. She turned away from me. 

"I don't have time for this," she said, yanking her arm out of my grasp. I let her leave. 

"You don't have time either, Minho," I heard Key say. He was now over at a table, looking over some designs. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked him. 

"You want to know the real reason I set up heartbroken Jin Sang with Onew?" Key said, walking toward me. 

"Yes," I said facing him. Key smiled sweetly. A sweet memory of Jin Sang flashed before my eyes. It hit me with a sharp sting and I felt my cheeks getting hot.  

I looked at Key and he was glowing like he was earlier. I swear I saw a golden, glowing circle over his orange head this time. He stopped glowing. What is this? 

"I got to close the shop today. Meet me and Jonghyun in the park tomorrow. We'll tell you everything then, okay?" Key said. 

"Okay, " I said. I was sweaty, hot, and my cheeks stung from slaps. I was also very tired. Key waved goodbye and I left the shop. Mrs. Lee made Taemin leave with her and Jin Sang so I headed for the journey home alone. 

I felt in my pocket and found the note with the kiss mark. Park Sandara. Maybe. I'll give her a call. Maybe. 

Another memory of Jin Sang painfully flashed before my eyes and I heard a voice laugh. 

"See you tomorrow, Minho."


~A/N~

Hey guys! Welcome to my fanfic! As you read in the forward, this fanfic was meant to be for a contest. However I missed my deadline :( Don't worry I'm still gonna finish the fic, but now I'm need some feedback. Tell me what you think of the story so far because this is like literally my 1st real fanfic on AFF. It would really help me sleep better if you did. :P Thanks for reading and couping with the slow updates. I also want to thank BaiLingLing for giving me an awesome topic to write about! Enjoy!!! :D

P.S Have you figured out who the voices are yet? ;)