Audition

Dancing Queen

Ok breath now.
I was thinking to myself. Starting my warm up, I tried to concentrate on my choreography. I passed the last 2 auditions and this one was the last one. Therefore, JYJ will appear and then finally decide which dancers will their background dancers. It’s not that I am a huge fan but I know them. Well, who wouldn’t know DBSK, the legendary K-Pop group, the "The Rising Gods of the East". And these three guys are part of this group. When I worked with Shinhwa I had the chance to see them live and also backstage. I was so amazed. One person in particular in this group gave me goose bumps every time he would sing. Kim Junsu. The first time I heard him, I cried. I was so touched by his beautiful voice and my heart skipped a beat. Sometimes when I’m feeling depressed, I listen to his songs and feel better inside. So, that’s why I’m freaking nervous. Ok Ma Ra, you are not a teenager anymore. You are even older then this guys. So don’t freak out! Aisshh

 

And then they walked in. Like the bosses.

 

Jaejoong’s appearance was really unrealistic. He was just too perfect. But still, in a way shy and very friendly. Yoochun showed his famous bright smile and greet everyone really friendly. And then there was Junsu. He looked really arrogant and didn’t say anything and I had the feeling he looked annoyed.

HA! Angel Xiah? Whatever…. Fine, that is even better. An arrogant, snobbish but brilliant Kim Junsu. Well, I can live with that.  I’m feeling much better now and not so nervous anymore. Of course he is not like I thought. Pff Ma Ra wake up. Nobody is perfect.  
I knew that he would not always be the cheery, bright and funny Junsu but at least a friendly one. Someone who did a lot of Musicals would respect our work, I thought. Maybe I was wrong.

“So… Hello everyone. As you can imagine this is JYJ.” The coordinator said in English. JYJ (yes even Junsu) bowed and greet us politely. The group of 40 dancers did the same thing.  He explained what will happen in the next few hours and we get prepared. I was one of the last dancers so I had time to monitor the other dancers. Sometimes I took a glimpse at Junsu, who was watching everyone with a concentrate face. I couldn’t see his eyes because they were covered with sun glasses. But the way he furrowed his brow I could imagine that he was very focused on the dancers.  I was the next dancer so I warmed up and prepared myself. I even prayed a little.

Please let me dance with them. That would be the highlight for me.

“Next is Ma Ra” the coordinator said. I bowed 90° and said in Korean: “Anneonghaseyo. Ma Ra imnida. I’m a dancer in Korea for 8 years now. Please take care of me.” These were the typical phrases. I could see that the three singers were impressed and I thought I could see a movement of Junsu’s face. What was that? Interest?  Yoochun and Jaejoong were really amazed and started even a small conversation with me. Then it was time to dance.

 

Authors POV (Junsu)

 

 

Aishh. Why is it winter again. Always so cold and I am sick again. Wae? Today is the dance audition for our dancers and I’m feeling so weak and just want to sleep.

“Hyung, ottoke? I think I have fever.”

Jaejoong took his hand to Junsu’s brow. “Hmm, I think you are right. So it would be better you rest today. You know we have a tight schedule the next months. You should rest a bit and get your energy back.”

“But Hyung, I want to see the dancers. You know, that some of them will join my Solo tour. I need to see them.”

“It’s your decision. Maybe you should go to see the doctor. He can give you some vitamins and medicine to get better faster.” Yoochun said with a worried face.

“Ok I will do that after the audition. Let’s go!”

As they arrived Junsu couldn’t stop feel a little bit dizzy. Was it wrong to come here? Stay strong Kim Junsu. You are not a crybaby. He focused to come to his senses so he couldn’t pay too much attention to the dancers at first. But after the coordinator called for attention, he greeted them politely. He tried to monitor everyone. After he took some medicine he felt a little bit better and he could even enjoy the choreography of some dancers.

Then, another young, very pretty Caucasian woman came to the front. Her name was Ma Ra. He browsed quickly over her CV and suddenly looked up as soon as she spoke perfectly Korean. He read her CV again after her introduction. 8 years in Korea? Oh …she is already 30? I would have never guessed that. WOW. She looks so young and her appearance is ..how can I say that… she is interesting. I wonder how she dances.

And then the music started. Every single person in the room was captured in her moves. Her moves were sometimes powerful then again soft and also y. She was totally focused and really enjoying the dance. Junsu felt the energy from her and was really amazed. He was not the only one surprised. Jaejoong and Yoochun were also shocked in a positive way. Junsu could see that the guys wanted her in their team and he agreed totally. She was really unique and special. He even thought about a solo with her. That was always a risky issue. He didn’t want that the fans getting jealous of a dancer. But there were plenty of time to make some decisions.

After Ma Ra’s dance every one applauded. She looked surprised and bowed happy and went to her space again. Junsu followed her with his eyes.

 

 

 

So well ... that was my first chapter.. how was it ? I have no idea! I hope you liked it. ... a little bit :) so any comments? would appreciate that.

SARANGHAEEEEEE!!!