Open Your Eyes to Love

Taking Two Wrongs to Find a Right

 

One cold and windy night…
 
You were crying on the swing set, unable to forget awful memory from earlier that day.
 
              *flash back*
 
It was an average October day.  The wind was blowing and your freshly curled hair was flying in your face. You could see the leaves changing, and the crisp apple pie scent in the air.  You sat on the park bench, waiting for him, your boyfriend.  The two of you were going to have a nice dinner and stroll through the streets of Seoul. It was, after all, your one year anniversary.   You were filled with hope as you waited for your favorite oppa.  Suddenly, a message popped up on your phone.
 
From: Oppa
 
Hey. Can we meet in a few hours, say, around 8? I have some important business to take care of. Sorry.
 
From: You
 
Gwenchinayo! See you soon. <3
 
You let out a sigh and got up.
 
*Hmmm…*  You thought to yourself. *Since I have a few hours, I might as well go do something.*
 
You began walking to an ice cream parlor.  Before you walked in, you saw a couple in the back of the parlor.  It was your “boyfriend” and another girl, sitting close and feeding each other ice cream.  You angrily marched up to him and slapped him.
 
“How could you?!?” you shrieked. People began turning around, but you didn’t care.  “Today was even our anniversary! Does that mean absolutely NOTHING to you?”  Before he could respond, you threw his ice cream on his shirt, whipped around, and stormed out.  
 
Without stopping for what seemed like hours, you ran until your legs gave out.  Somehow, you ended up at a park near your best friend, Kevin Woo’s house.  Hot tears stung your eyes.
 
           *end of flash back*
 
You felt heartbroken, alone, and most of all, betrayed. You sobbed into your hands, unable to control the tears.
 
A figure suddenly approached you. "____?" The stranger called out.
It was Kevin Woo, your best friend. You tried drying your tears to hide them, but it was no use.
"___?" He called again, crouching down in front of you. He cupped your face with his hands and dried your eyes.
 
"Are you okay?" He asked.
You couldn't answer because when you tried to talk, you could only choke on your tears.
 
"___, I'm here. Please tell me what's wrong."
 
Finally, you were able to talk and you poured out everything that happened. Talking to him always made you feel better.
 
"I know what you need," he answered, with a smile.
 
He hoisted you up on piggy back and started walking. You snuggled your head into his shoulder and smiled.
 
15 minutes later, the two of you were at your favorite diner that you hadn't gone to since your family's death 3 years ago. It brought back many memories. Kevin, your little brother, and you would go there every week.
 
The two of you grabbed a booth in the back and ordered your favorite drink, cinnamon hot cocoa with extra whipped cream and sprinkled cinnamon on top. You sat next to each other, with your head on his shoulder.
 
"Everything will be all right," he told you. "There is nothing to worry about. The guy was a jerk and he needed to be gotten rid of anyway. You deserve better."
 
Knowing he was right, you nodded and smiled. The two of you then sat quietly for a few moments, before Kevin spoke up.
 
"___," he began, "I love you and have for a long time. That better person... Is me."
*You too* you silently thought.
 
Your best friend for the longest time knew your hopes, dreams, likes, and dislikes. He loved you for who you were and would continue to. It just took this much time for you to really open your eyes. 
 
Sometimes, the person you need the most is the one right in front of you.
 
You hugged him tightly and held his hand next to you, before resting your eyes with a smile.
 
~~~~~~The End~~~~~~
 
Author's note: Hello! I hope that you enjoyed my Oneshot. It was my first Oneshot ever. PLEASE let me know how it was in the comment section below. I would love your feedback! If y'all enjoyed it, I will try to write more. Thankyu for giving me a chance!
 
Also, this story could be any male bias, I guess. I just chose Kevin Woo anyway. :)