Chapter 2: Seeing you again

Sweet Dreams

 Chen shot up out of his sleep in a sweat. His wide eyes quivered and looked around the room.  “It... it was just a dream.” He his light and looked at the time. It was around 8am now. He rubbed the back of his neck and stretched. *Yoon Saemin…* He thought. Flashes of your face appeared in his mind and clasped his hands over his face. “It felt so real… I wonder…” He got up and peeked inside Tao’s room. He was still sound asleep. He saw a little drool coming out of his mouth and chuckled. Closing the door he went into the bathroom to look in the mirror. Leaning over the sink he splashed water on his face. “Yoon Saemin…” He said. The same words from the dream he shared with you. He touched his lips, remembering how much he wanted to touch yours. “Aish!” He pounded his fist on the marble of the counter. *Maybe a shower would help.*

Chen let the hot water fall on his shoulders as he stood in the hotels shower. Even then he thought about you. He wanted to find you and learn everything about you. He wanted to hold you in his arms and love you. It was as if something was controlling his body and he couldn’t help but feel the way he felt. *It was just a dream… but why do I feel this way? Yoon Saemin you will pay for this when I find you!* A knock at the door broke his thoughts. “Hyung, hurry up I have to use the bathroom.” Tao leaned against the wall next to the door until Chen came out. When he came out with the towel around him he stopped and looked at Tao. “I’m going out in a bit. Don’t get lost while I’m gone.”

“But we have to meet duizhang in a few hours.” Tao rubbed his eyes and yawned.

“I’ll meet you there. I have something to do.” Tao nodded and scurried into the bathroom.

Chen got dressed and left the hotel. The lady in the front desk sighed sadly when he didn’t acknowledge her. Nothing but finding you was in his mind. He didn’t know if it was an immortal longing to see your face or the rage building up in him because of the state you put him in. He was going to find you, one way or the other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got up off the couch. Not the same as how Chen reacted but you were feeling just about the same. Images of his face popped up into your head like a movie. And the way he whispered your name,

“Yoon Saemin…. Yoon Saemin…”

It was like he wanted to memorize it. “What a curious dream.” You said to yourself. You rubbed your aching neck and groaned. *How did I let myself fall asleep on the couch? Aigoo… I’m going to be in pain all day.* you looked to see what time it was. “OMO!! I’m so late!!” You frantically ran up to your room to change into your school uniform and grabbed a mint stick to cover your morning breath. Seconds later you were running down the street to the school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wait! Mister don’t close the gate!” You called trying to catch your breath. The man looked up and saw you running to the school. “Ah. Yoon Saemin. Late again?”

“Mianhamnida…” You bowed to the gate keeper and quickly went inside the school. While you walked you tried your best to fix your messy hair. You didn’t realize you passed Zelo who got out of class to get a drink of water. “Yah! Saemin!” You swirled around and sighed with relief. “Oh... Hey Zelo.”

“You look terrible.” He commented. Your mood dropped and a dark cloud formed over your head. *I look that bad?* Zelo came over to you and helped you fix your hair. You stood still and looked at the soft blonde curls that lay perfectly on top of his head. He was such a cute third year student. But he was extremely tall for no reason. When he was done he patted your shoulder. “There. If you’re going to be late at least try to look good coming in.”

“I don’t need fashion advice from you.” You stuck out your tongue and he laughed.

“Annyeong Noona~” He waved and went back into his class and you quickly continued to yours.

You entered the classroom unnoticed and quickly got to your seat in the back of the class. YongGuk Had his head bobbing back and forth as the English teacher wrote some words on the black board. You tapped his shoulder and his eyes shot open. “I’M AWAKE!” He yelled. Everything got quiet and all eyes were on you and YongGuk. “Ah, Yoon Saemin, nice for you to join us. Mr. Bang YongGuk will be accompanying you while you clean the classroom today.”  Your head hung in shame and YongGuk pouted. “Yes teacher-nim…” You could hear the snickers of the other students as they turned around, but two girls had a disgusted look on their face when they looked at you.

Your next two classes passed quickly as usual and finally it was time for lunch. Kids hurried to the cafeteria and the court yard when the bell sounded but you took your time. “Ehem.” You heard a squeaky voice and a foot tapping behind you as you stood in front of your locker. “I hope you don’t plan on doing anything with YongGuk-ah.”

“Excuse me?” You laughed. It tickled you that those girls would even think that. “Um, I already have a boyfriend.” You told them. Their faces slowly turned pink.

“W-well, we know who much of a you are. We thought it best to warn you anyway.” You rolled your eyes and pushed past them. One of them caught you by your hood. “Yah! Let go of me!” You knew these girls were bullies, but to go this far? You accidently elbowed the one that held your hood in her stomach and immediately she wailed and let go. The other girl’s eyes turned to you. “Umm... uh…” You shook. “That was a big mistake.” One of the girls took a step towards you and you backed up, glancing at the door behind them. “It was an accident!” You said. “I think... I’m going to be sick…” The girl on the floor said. They looked at her and that was your chance. Faster than you ever ran before you bolted towards the door and they began to chase you.

You ran down the hall in a blur, hoping to get away from them. Teachers looked at you curiously and students moved out of your way. *Why did I just do that?! Saemin, you’re in for it now.* YoungJae saw you run past the cafeteria door, two other girls following you with determined glares. “Wasn’t that your girlfriend?” HimChan said but Jae had already started to follow you. You ran until finally you lost them. “Find her! Split up!” You heard one of them yell. By the sound of their voices  you could assume they were ordering others to look for you. “Aish!” You hissed under your heaving breath. You started to run again.

You stopped running at a library and quickly went inside. *Gotta... hide…* you held your chest and went to the back of the library to sit. “If I get out of this alive…” You whispered. “They will surely find you if you keep talking to yourself.” Your heart dropped and slowly your head turned. Jae stood there looking at you. You sighed with relief. “What are you doing here?”

“I should be asking the same thing.” Jae kneeled beside you and put his hand on your head. “Causing trouble again?”

“As always.” You complained. He chuckled and pulled you in his arms. “How did you find me?”

“I will always find you.” He kissed your forehead and you smiled. “Besides, it’s pretty hard to miss my girl running away from someone in broad daylight.”

“Aigoo… I’m an embarrassment to you.” Jae frowned as looked at you. “You really think that? I wouldn’t have transferred here just to be here with you.” You sighed and gripped onto his arm. “Mianae.”

“Stop apologizing. It’s not your fault.” You were about to say it again but you held your tongue.

Jae sat with you until he felt like you were safe. The bell buzzed for you to go to your last class. “Will you be okay?” Jae asked. You really didn’t know. *I’d have to face them again… And I can’t ditch. I have to clean the English room today.* “Yeah I guess I’ll be alright.”

“Should I walk you to your class?”

“Then you’ll be late yourself. Besides, I’m not a baby.”

“No. You’re MY baby.” You blushed and he quickly kissed you. “See you later jagiya.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time you got out of school Chen was out on the street, scanning every face for a sign of you. Many of the girls blushed at the way he looked at them and giggled. A few wanted to approach him but he was moving too quickly. YoungJae, HimChan, and DaeHyun passed Chen but something caught Jae’s attention. “Yoon Saemin…” Chen mumbled. Jae swirled around at the sound of your name and the others stopped. Chen had already walked off to look in a store before YoungJae could catch sight of him. “Did you hear someone say Saemin’s name?” Jae asked. DaeHyun shrugged and HimChan shook his head. *I swear I heard someone…* He looked over to where Chen was and soon saw him looking around. Some of the high school girls peeked at him and giggled but Chen didn’t pay any attention. Chen glanced at YoungJae who was observing him and disappeared again. “What’s wrong Jae?” HimChan asked. Chen was quickly making his way over to them. “I don’t know…”

“Don’t worry. Saemin is destined for trouble. You’ll be there to save her when it comes.” DaeHyun laughed. “As always.” Chen overheard their conversation and wondered if the Saemin they spoke about was you. Jae gave up his search for the person who mumbled your name and continued to walk on.

Beeeep Beeep

Chen looked at the time on his phone and cursed. He almost forgot the meeting with the leader. *I guess I will look for her later*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You swept the room while YongGuk put up the chairs. “It’s your fault we are in here.” He mumbled. You rolled your eyes and went over to the closet to grab the dust pan. He looked at you and frowned. “If you weren’t asleep you wouldn’t be in here.”

“You didn’t have to wake me up.”

“Oh so I suppose it’s my fault you reacted the way you did?”

“Ne!” 

“Obviously.” You commented. YongGuk closed the closet door while you were still inside and you panicked. “Yahh!! Let me out! Bang YONGGUK!!!” You screamed and kicked the door wildly. He opened the door with wide eyes. And you bolted out and landed on the floor. Your body quivered like a leaf in the wind and your chest heaved with agonized breathing. “Saemin…” YongGuk looked at you, profound by the way you held your legs together and the way your face expressed so much fear “I-I’m okay…” You said wiping your eyes. He helped you up. “Mianhamnida… Saemin” *did something happen to you?* You shrugged him away and gave him the broom. “Araseo…here…. You finish sweeping.  I’ll clean the board.”

“I’ll clean the classroom. Just… Just go home.”

“Araseo…” You grabbed your bag and left the room, feelings of shock still ran through your body. YongGuk stood in the room and rubbed the back of his head. He felt extremely guilty for doing that to you. *I’ll have to apologize for this… I didn’t mean to scare her so badly… I wonder why she got so scared.*

You quickly ran home, not caring how many people stared at you. You only wanted the safety of your bed and pillows. *Not again... not again… I shouldn’t have freaked out like that. Especially In front of YongGuk. I hope he doesn’t try to come to apologize. I don’t feel like talking about anything. * The tears from your eyes had disappeared by the time you got to your house.

You leaned against the door and observed to peacefulness of your house. "Aish..." Your legs were feeling weak so you headed to the couch. After you plopped on the couch you scratched your head and sighed. "So tired now. Maybe I'll take a little nap." After you relaxed you quickly feel asleep.

"Where are you?"

"I need to find you."

"Yoon Saemin.... Yoon Saemin..." The voice echoed around you and it made you dizzy. "Who are you?" You asked back. Was it the same guy from before? Your eyes searched the cloudy atmosphere but you couldn't see anything. All you could hear was the soft echo and the sound of the subway train. "My name is Kim JongDae..." The voice sweetly said. A hand formed out of the clouds and soon the body formed. There he was. The same beautiful god from your dream last night. "It must be fate... seeing you here again." You mumbled. He looked confused. *She doesn't realize we are sharing the same dream?* "What do you want?" You asked. He took your hands and softly kissed them. "Only you." His words were as soft as angels kissing your ears. "I want to be in your world... I want to know everything about you..." Normally you would have called him a creep and ran off but something strange brought you closer. "This isn't right." You said looking away. Dream or not, you loved YoungJae. How come you weren't dreaming about him? "Where can I find you?" Chen asked.*Why is he trying to find me? He can't possibly mean in reality.* you looked into his twinkling brown eyes. You could tell he was serious. But how could you tell if this was some weird plot for him to find out where you live and take all of your things? Your eyes widened at the thought and you backed away. Chen got afraid and stood very still. The good moment was gone and he knew you thought he was up to something bad. "I'm not going to hurt you... I just want to know you..."

"If we ever meet in reality, let it be. But... don't look for me..." Your words stung like stray bullets. Chen wanted to fall to his knees. *Don't look for you? How will we be together?* the feelings you had for Chen somehow disappeared. You were afraid if he found you... he would ruin what you had with YoungJae. "Yoon Saemin..." Chen mumbled. It made your heart weak. *Wake up Saemin! Wake up!* You turned and closed your eyes. "Don't look for me Kim JongDae. I... I don't want to see you..." You knew your words were bitter but you would not loose Jae because a guy from a dream. That was too much shame for you to handle. Chen stared at the back of your head. He couldn't believe this. He thought you wanted to be with him. This had turned into a bad dream and he wanted to wake up. Suddenly you hear a loud train whistle and turn around. He was gone. You could feel your emotions weaken even more. “Are you real? Would you really try to find me?” You said quietly. You knew JongDae wasn’t there anymore but you wanted him to be. *Don’t stop looking for me just yet… let me see you just once…. Let me know you are real…*