Chapter 1

Sweet Dreams

 

“Erm… ow.. Excuse me.” You squeezed by a few people to get on the train. The old men and women sat in the seats while the young men stood in the way. Two children were sitting tightly between a couple and they squirmed as their mother gave them a warning glare. Two other guys were sitting near the doors. You grabbed onto a pole to keep your balance. Impatiently you tapped your foot. *I’m so late. I’m so very late.* suddenly you felt a hand lightly grab your thigh and you froze. Now would not be the time for something like this. You looked around you. 4 guys surrounded you but it was too crowded to see whose hand it belonged to. Your eyes began to tear up as the stranger’s hand your leg. “Stop it…” You said trying to swat the hand away. But then you felt something sharp touch your back.  You didn’t see anyone make a reaction. Chen was sitting near and saw the man’s hand on your leg. He could only see part of your face but he knew you were very uncomfortable. “Tao.” He whispered. Tao looked in the direction of the scene. Disgusted he turned his head and pouted. “I’ll give up my seat. Let her sit here.” Chen whispered. “But hyung…” Chen gave him a look and stood up. “Um miss…” You felt someone tap your shoulder. The hand immediately moved and Chen caught sight of the man responsible. “You can have my seat.”Chen said over the guys head. You couldn't see who it was but you were grateful to him. You bowed your head and quickly moved over to the seat. “Gomawo, sir.” You put your bag in your lap to cover your legs and a relieved tear feel from your face. Tao saw your tear and reached into his pocket. Without looking at you he put the tissue in your hand. Your eyes rounded and you bowed your head again. “Thank you…” Tao just nodded and played at his fingers. Chen stood in the place where you was and looked at the man who touched you. “Why don’t you touch me?” Chen said looking him directly in his eyes. The man gulped and a drop of sweat could be seen from his brow. Suddenly, without anyone realizing Chen grabbed his hand and squeezed it. The knife dropped and made a soft clinging noise on the ground. “Wait!” The man cried. Chen blinked then looked over to where you sat. He still couldn’t get a good look at you but he saw Tao give you a tissue. *Is she crying?* It fueled his rage and he looked back at the . “Please. I-I’m sorry.” He cried. Chen smirked and placed his thumb in the middle of his hand to get a better grip.

“Yeah? Well I am too.”

CRACK!!!!                                                                                                              

You jumped when you heard a man squeal and scream. It sounded like it was in the direction of where you stood at first. Tao, being much taller than you stood, and looked at Chen who grinned. Tao chuckled and sat back down. “YAHHHH OWWW!!!” The man squealed. People shifted to look at the scene. “Aish... That looks pretty bad. You should go to the hospital sir.” Chen said but the ert was in too much pain to reply. You saw the man holding his broken hand. *Was that him?* immediately the man looked at you and you turned biting your lip. *Awkward…* Tao saw the way he looked at you then glared back at him. His stare much more intimidating. Once the caught Tao’s stare his blood ran cold and he focused back onto his broken hand. Chen looked down at the man and smirked. “I hope that wasn't your writing hand.”

After 15 more minutes of being inside the crowed train you finally reached the end. Everyone filed out quietly and the ert was escorted out by security. Chen waited for Tao outside of the train and once Tao caught up with him they hurriedly got out of the station. “Did you have to cause trouble?” Tao said with a slight laugh. Chen smiled and nodded his head. “Don’t you think some people need to be taught a lesson?”

“I would think so. But why did you do that for a girl you don’t even know? I know you... you don’t just get up and do stuff like that.”

“I don’t know why I did it… I couldn’t stop myself when I saw him touch her like that.” Tao made a face but didn’t acknowledge his comment. “By the way… You saw her right?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Was she really… crying?” Tao looked at Chen who kept his eyes focused forward. “Yes she was…” Chen looked like he was going to burst but Tao placed a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t worry about it. She’s fine. She’s probably happy that her prince charming came to the rescue just in time.”

“Prince charming?”

“Yeah, Prince Charming. The guy who saves the damsel in distress.”

“Whatever Tao.” Chen laughed and pushed Tao’s arm playfully. A couple of girl’s sighed and giggled as the two gorgeous boys passed them. But they were used to the stares so they just ignored them.

You got off the train and saw Tao running towards his friend. *Is that the guy who saved me?* You craned your neck to look at him but you could only see the back of his head. Tao spoke calmly to him but the other guy just walked with his eyes focused. *I wish I could thank him.* You thought but you had to get out of the station to meet your boyfriend. *Why was there such a rush today? Is there something going on at the mall?* You were almost crushed by a pack of mothers with bags of food and clothes when suddenly someone pulled your arm. You were about to scream when you realized it was YoungJae. “Omo! You scared me.” He smiled and hugged you. "I'm sorry. I'm so late." You mumbled.

"You're not late. The movie doesn't start for a whole hour." YoungJae fixed his glasses and gave you a small bouquet of flowers. Your mouth gapped and you took them. "Gomawo Jae... I don't have anything to give you." You blushed as you smelled the flowers.

"Don't worry about it. You agreed to go on a date with me. I'd say that's enough.." YoungJae took your hand and lead you out of the station. "You’re so sweet." You poked his cheek. He stuck his tongue out at you and laughed. You heard two women arguing over something. Another couple was battling their way into a crowed store. "What’s going on?" You asked YoungJae. "There is a lot of chaos today."

"Most of the stores are having some sort of super sale I think. I'm not sure. But at least when we get to the movies the popcorn line won't be too long."

"True."

Until your movie started; you and Jae stopped to get a fish cake at a street vender. He shared his with you after you messily finished yours. He smiled at you, making you feel ridiculous. The way he gazed at you made your heart flutter with happiness. "Hey." He nudged you. You looked up at him. "Remember? This is how we met."

"Oh yeah. It was a very cold day wasn't it?" Memories of how you met Yoo Young Jae. It was the middle of December and you were waiting for one of your friends to come out of the movie theater.

*A year ago*

You were about to buy a fish cake when YoungJae had bumped into you. "Omo! I'm so..." You waited for him to finish but he just stood there with a stupid look on his face. "Sorry? You made me drop my fish cake you idiot." You looked in your purse for more money but he stopped you. "Allow me. It was my fault you dropped it." YoungJae bought you another fish cake and bowed to you. "I really am sorry." He looked at you with pleading eyes and you had no choice but to forgive him. He was cute, very very cute. Jae felt the same way about you. Eventually the two of you talked and exchanged phone numbers. Then 8 months of friendship and flirtation later Jae had the courage to ask you out. Now 6 months after that, you and Jae stay happily together.

The two of you finally got to your movie, the Perfect Couple. Jae wanted to take you to a movie that you had your favorite actor, Lee Dong Wook. You giggled as Jae huffed every time you swooned over his character. The action and love story was so thrilling your eyes couldn't stay off the screen. At intense moments you held Jae's hand. You didn't notice how often he looked at you and smiled. When the movie was over you clapped and hugged Jae for taking you to see the movie. "I'll take you home."

"Let’s walk there."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I told you she wasn't dead."You laughed after a short train ride. YoungJae squeezed your hand while the two of you were walking up the hill to your house. "I was sure she was going to die." YoungJae swung your hands and looked at the ground. He hated losing a bet. "You have to carry me up the hill now." You snickered. He rolled his eyes and stopped. "All the way up there?"

"That was the bet wasn't it?"

"Ugh.... okay." He bent down so you could jump onto his back. Once you got on you wrapped your arms around his neck and smiled. He held your legs around his waist and started up the hill. *This woman… if I fall down I swear-* "Jae..." You said with a soft yawn. He blushed at the way you said is name and held you tighter. "Gomawo... I had a good time."

"I'm glad you did." He said. "I spent a lot of money today."

"Aish! Don't say that. You'll make me feel bad." You smacked the back of his head and he laughed.

"It was worth it..." He shrugged. The two of you were almost to your house but he still held you. Being this close to you made his heart weak and the way you pressed your head on his shoulder and giggled at little commentsmade him even weaker. You closed your eyes as he carried you up to your house. *How could this night get any better?* "We're here." *-_- really?* You got off his back and he stretched. "Aigoo. So heavy..." He teased. You made a face and Jae pulled you into a hug. You warmly wrapped your arms around him. "Thank you again for tonight. One of these days I will pay you back."

"How about you open the door and we can work on that repayment?" You felt your mouth drop and you looked at him. “How about it? Don’t you want me?” He pinned you against the door and trapped you with his arms. *Where did this naughty Jae come from?* He laughed at the way your eyes rounded and he cupped your face. "I was joking Saemin."

"No you weren't." You mumbled and pulled him by his sweater. He narrowed his eyes and pouted. "Aww, are you disappointed?" *You jerk* you pulled his neck towards you and he crashed his lips onto yours. Immediately his eyes closed and he stood closer so your arms fit perfectly around him. Your body seemed to get hotter with every move of his lips. Suddenly you felt the soft wetness of his tongue slide across your lips and you parted your mouth so he could gain entry.

You broke the kiss when you saw your neighbor’s porch light flicker on. "Jae... I got to go inside." His lips still lingered on yours.

"Ugh. You kill me with those words every time." He cupped your face again and kissed your forehead. "Good night Yoon Saemin. Sweet dreams." Before your old, flat faced neighbor could peek out the door, YoungJae fled the porch. You watched as he approached the hill he walked up. He turned blew kisses at you. You blushed and smiled. "Yah!! Saemin you should be inside! It's getting late." The old man spat. "I know Mr. Kang. I'm going." You wanted to throw a rock at him but you just bowed your head and opened the door to your house. *Old goat.*

After a nice hot shower you went in your room and lay your head on your Pikachu pillow. You thought about how great your date was today and the kiss YoungJae shared with you. He had never kissed you like that before. You wondered if he wanted to take a step further with you. The thought made you shiver and you turned around pulling on your hair. *I have to think of something else.* you close your eyes and tried to calm your mind.

 

“How about it? Don’t you want me?”

 

“Aww, are you disappointed?”

 

“...we can work on that repayment....”

 

“WHAA!!!” You sat up and kicked off your blanket. “Stupid... stupid.... stupid!!!” You got out of the bed and went downstairs for a glass of strawberry milk. On the way down you banged your fist against your head. “What is wrong with you Saemin? It’s only been 6 months.” You got the milk and sat in your darkened living room.

After a few minutes you finally fell asleep.....

 

You were walking around a dimly lit forest. There weren’t any animals or people. Just you, and an unsettling quiet. "Where am I?" Your voice echoed off of the trees. You also heard footsteps but they weren't yours. "Hello? Anyone there?" You called. You started to run towards a light you saw. A tall dark silhouette stood in the distance.

"Hey!! Hey you!!" Chen heard you call. He turned around and saw a young woman stumbling towards him. Something pulled him towards you and he couldn't stop. Just like on the train. *What? Have I seen her before?* When you got close enough, the scene changed. Trees seemed to glide out of your way and the sun started to come out. Chen could see you clearly know and you could see him. There was something very familiar about him, but you couldn't put your finger on it. Other than that... this guy was gorgeous. The scruffiness of his hair and the way he stared at you. His lips… his eyes….

"This is just a dream right?" You mumbled to yourself. You stared at the man and he blinked at you. *Who is... that?* Chen thought. The trees parted and the sun softly hit your face. A warm breeze blew your hair and you tucked it behind your ear. He took a step back. For that moment, you were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. The sight of you took his breath away. He couldn't think. The distance between the two of you made him feel like he was dying. He started to walk towards you. *This... This is a dream... There couldn't be someone so beautiful....* in seconds Chen stood in front of you.  You looked up at Chen who gazed down at you. You reached up to touch him but he caught your hand. You gasped as he softly squeezed your hand. *This had to be a dream.* "What is your name?" He asked.

"Yoon Saemin..." Your words almost a whisper. Chen leaned towards you and stopped when your faces were just an inch away. "Yoon Saemin..." He breathed. You felt your heart pound and you glanced down at his lips that were inches away from yours. You close your eyes and bit your bottom lip, leaning up towards him. Your foreheads touched. "Yoon Saemin..." He whispered again. He slowly leaned closer.

………….. “Yoon Saemin…”….

 

 

I hope you guys liked the first chapter of my story. I enjoyed making this and I will most definitely continue it. Please subscribe. It gives me the motivation to make the story even better. Kamsamnida for reading ^-^ I love you guys~

 

Author-nim

~( ‘.’ )~ Im from da future