You Took Mine

My Fair Baby Princess

 

The balcony faced the morning sun, and Sora found it warm enough to bask in it for a moment.

‘When the sun drives me to work.’ mused Sora. She is no sun-worshipper. It’s time to head for her very first assignment. She can hear the butterflies in her tummy, yes, she was nervous. But the day is finally here… Her challenge is here.

 

At the SM Recording Studio for a Music Video

The producer only hissed at the staff doing the set, motioning them to move the props to script. Sora was lost at that instant as her eyes quickly skimmed the room for Lee Jin. ‘Ah! Found her.’ muttered Sora. ‘Unnie, when do I go into the scene?’

‘In 5 minutes, Sora, do remember what you have learnt. Here is the test for you to express yourself. Relax. Breathe in.’ nagged Lee Jin.

*****

This scene, Sora was the silhouette in the MV, her actions must be bold to be seen. She ran, her dark long hair flying behind her. On cue, she burst into a flying kick onto the thick mattress laid on the ground.

‘Cut! Great move, Sora-si!’ said PD-nim. He was looking at his monitor, impressed at how photogenic her body is, this rookie girl, on the small screen.

On cue again, Sora looked seductively at the camera directly and gave a pan-dead face.

 

From behind the camera crew, a few guys stood waiting for their part. It’s their song anyway and it’s a first time that the group is actually doing a music video with a girl, a silhouette in the scenes. ‘She was pale and beautiful, her hair like rain, her face is so delicate yet so angelic. But her eyes seem to make the world alive.’ the men fascinated were turned into fan-boys in an instant.

 

‘Great, let’s have the main casts in here now. Super Junior, please.’ shouted PD-nim signalling the guys to get into view.

 

It was the first time that Sora met so many guys, celebrities in fact, in the room. She respectfully bowed and introduced herself to each of them, who were very eager to shake her hands.

‘Hullo, we meet again.’ mused Lee Teuk. He looked intensely at Sora while they shook hands. He gripped her hands, soft and pale.

‘Eh?’ Sora was taken aback for a moment or two. ‘Omo.’ Her expression was soft. She realised that it’s the humbug but she needed to control her natural ‘would have been outburst’. There is work. ‘Nice to meet you again.’

Half the time, she couldn’t really focus doing the dance moves. She just felt that she was being ‘x-rayed’. She looked over her shoulder and found Lee Teuk staring at her. ‘He is actually pretty masculine.’

*****

Four hours passed but they got less than two minutes worth of footage. Everyone was drained. Sora was almost in a dreaming state when she was awakened by PH-nim’s shout.

‘Alright everyone, let’s meet here again tomorrow at 6am to finish up the set.’ shouted PD-nim.

*****

Just as Sora was about to the dresser, she felt a grip on her hand. ‘Sora-si, I think you owe me an apology, ya? whispered Lee Teuk at back of her head.

‘This fellow’s all nerves. Ya, why should I say sorry when you took my drink which I paid for?’

He was curious. ‘That’s very interesting. So uncommonly interesting. Am I not able to pay for my own drink? Why don’t you ask the store again on your way home later?’ Lee Teuk retorted. ‘I’ll wait for your apology tomorrow.’

 

Back at the condo

Sprawled in bed, Sora let out a pained grunt when Lee Jin dropped her heavy hands on her back. ‘you little runaway…’ murmured Sora in her sleep.