Prologue

Beauty and the Beast

 


He was by himself. It was around 2 am. His bandmates had already left. Well, those who came with him to the club. By now, they all dreaded coming with him. But they didn't have a choice. Their manager insisted at least two people went with him when he went out. Just in case something were to happen to him. But they could all only stand him for so long. He was arrogant and obnoxious. He was loud and stupid when he drank. No one wanted to be around him. So they left him there alone at the VIP section of the club, drinking until he either got tired and stumbled out or got thrown out for being a disturbance. 

Then there was her. She was here because she was forced to come. Her friends insisted. She needed a 'break' from her hectic life. Everyone around her found it insane but she found it all... fulfilling. She liked helping and learning. It was just how she always was. Being here at the club was uncomfortable for her. She didn't know how to let loose or party. She would rather be home under a blanket with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa. But she could never say no to her friends. So here she was. 2 am. By herself while her friends were out on the dance floor with some guys that bought them all drinks. 

The sighed a bit as she looked at the time. Her feet were hurting from the heels she wore. This dress was constricting and itchy. Her hair was sticking to her face from the sweat of being crammed in her with so many people. She started toward the front door. She needed to get out.  

Someone caught her arm. When she glanced back, it was her friend Su Min. 

"Are you leaving?" she asked, sounding a bit disappointed. 

Minah hesitated for a moment before she shook her head. "I just need some fresh air." 

Su MIn nodded and smiled. "Hurry back! I'll save the next dance for you!" she said with a wink. 

Mina chuckled softly and nodded as she turned and continued outside. She decided she would stay around for Su Min. She didn't want to ruin her night. 

When she finally got outside, she took a deep breath of fresh air. The cool night breeze felt amazing. So amazing. 

Then she heard a groan. 

She turned her head and saw him stumbling out of the club. By the way he was walking, she wondered how he was even able to hold himself up right. "Are you alright?" she asked as she took a step toward him. 

He groaned again in response and rose his head to look at her. "Why do you care?" 

She simply shrugged. She didn't know how else to answer because she honestly didn't know.

The man stumbled, nearly falling to the ground if Minah hadn't caught him just in time. She sturggled to hold him upright. "You seem to have drank a lot tonight, hm?"

"Mind your own damn business." 

"I'm just trying to help." 

"I don't need your damn help!" he pushed away from her, standing upright and taking a few steps away from her.

No sooner than he had taken two steps did he fall to the concrete sidewalk, his body landing with a thud. 

Minah shook her head slightly and pursed her lips. "Yea... You don't need my help.." she mumbled as she went over to the drunk stranger. She crouched down beside him and tilted her head slightly to the side. She found him strangely familiar. As though she had seen him somewhere before. She couldn't pin point it, though. She let out a sigh and thought about her options. She could either a) leave him on the street until someone found him or b) care for him herself. He seemed to have cut himself on something when he hit the ground and had a small gash on his head. 

To her, it didn't seem like she had a choice. She had to take care of this stranger. Even if according to him, he 'didn't need her damn help'.