Post Script

From Your Angel

There was a knocking beyond the bedroom, and it was greeted by a door opening and an exclamation. "Oh, you're back? Well, come in!" The door shut and there was soft banter as the voices walked towards the bedroom door.

Another knock sounded, this time at the shut bedroom door. "Lu Han, there's someone here to see you."

"Tell them to go away," was the muffled voice directed at the door.

Instead of going away, the door handle clicked and the light from the hallway streamed into the gloomy room. Hesitant footsteps entered, and the figure shut the door behind them. A small voice whispered to Lu Han, gentle as a breeze. "I am here."

A human form heaped under blankets shifted, and a head peaked out in disbelief. "Xiu Min?"

The short, round-faced boy smiled crookedly, "I was called that once, but I liked Minseok better."

Lu Han looked horrible; his face was stained in tears, eyes puffy and dark, and his hair was a mess. He crawled out from his bed and touched the other boy. His hands brushed over the boy's hands, then slid themselves up his arms to his shoulders. He felt the boy's back to find no wings there, and soon reached his face, touching his chin, then cheeks, and finally his lips. "Are you really here? Am I dreaming or are you really here?"

Minseok kissed the fingers at his lips, smiling behind them. "I'm really here; I'm just human now."

"Your letter," he said, his lips wet, "it sounded so final. I thought it meant you were gone forever."

The boy who had once been an angel sighed, lifting his hands up to take Lu Han's within them. He walked the other boy back to his bed and sat him down on it. "At the time, my fate seemed absolute. I had asked for the Thrones to take mercy on me and let me be yours again, but they made me wait for so long. It was that length of time that made me think that I was never going to see you again. When I was finally summoned, they told me my options: I could either return to my original job or I could return to you, but not as an angel. I chose you."

A moment passed before Lu Han's fist connected with Minseok's arm. "You're an idiot."

The former angel cried out when the punch hit him and he rubbed at the sore spot. "What was that for?" Minseok looked at him and saw that Lu Han was crying. Instead of the torturous tears he had been shedding since the angel had left, these tears were paired with a large smile. It was the smile the former angel had missed so much.

"I didn't want to fall in love with you, but you made it impossible," he said between his sobbing. He grabbed Minseok's face and pulled him close, kissing the other boy sweetly. "I forgive you," he muttered into those now human lips.

From the other side of the door, two figures listened in. One figure, the human, was holding in his laughter while the other figure, incorporeal, rolled his eyes while hiding a smile. "We should leave them alone," said the incorporeal figure after a few moments of listening to the two in the bedroom. The human figure nodded and they both decided to watch TV.