Starbursts and BB Cream

I didn't sign up for this

                                                   infamous kris wu  

        Tao woke up with a vague headache. He opened his eyes slightly, and immediately regretted it,  sheilding them from the blazing sun peering through the window. Right next top him an unidentified boy man sprang up and down. The "man" was jumping gidilly on the other side of the matress, making the bed dip. Tao's senses came to him slowly as to being awake and Luhan's squeaky  voice was heard, like some sort of mouse. Tao rubbed his eyes with his wrists and adjusted his back, leaning against the headboard of the bed. Of course it was Luhan. 

"Get up, you lazy !"  Luhan yelled at Tao, pointing at him, still jumping up and down on the bed. Tao grimaced, for it was nine in the morning, far too early for the insomniac man. Fighting against his drowsiness he swung his legs to the floor, hunching over. Luhan was jumping happily, watching as Tao shuffled out the door.

"I made breakfast!" Luhan chimed, jumping off the bed and skipping out of the room.

Tao groaned. His bubbly roomate had a habit of waking him up far too early. He got up swiftly and dressed himself, trying not to fall back into the bed drifting into a much needed sleep. He passed Luhan and Sehun in the kitchen, making lovey-dovey faces at eachother and gagged. Tao had lived with the HunHan couple for months, and at first the PDA was cute and bubbly, but as time schlept on, frankly, Tao wanted to vomit. He walked into the bathroom checking himself in the mirror to see if anything was new. 

    Tao had flawless skin, (not counting the bags hanging under his eye)(. He had puffy eyelids, something he gained from his mother. And catlike features. He applied his eyeliner, looking more like a feline than a guy, and stepped quietly into the kitchen, only to be greeted by silence. The couple was nowhere to be found. A bright pink post-it note stuck to the fridge. He examined the note and scoffed. Luhan had once again talked Sehun into seeing Twilight. Again.

"Sehun and I are going to see New Moon! My friend was looking for someone to help him in his bussiness and asked me to find him someone. And who needs a job? You do! His name is Kris and he's going to pick you up in about an hour. Get ready, hurricane Yifan is cominnnnnn'. Me and Sehun might not be home for a loooooong time c; . Also, if you're hungry, there's some takeout on the counter. See you in a bit panda man~ Luhan"

Tao cursed under his breath. Luhan was just a-uh great friend.

He knew this day would come. He just wasn't sure when. But it came. He grabbed the takeout box full of fried rice and egg rolls and lounged on the couch. He one of the many sappy show dramas Luhan had recorded and sobbed at his life while stuffing his face with noodles. A ring came from the door soon after. 

Was it Kris? What time was it? How long had Tao been watching these horribly-directed dramas? He groaned peeling himself off the couch, and trudging to the door meanwhile he could hear the cries of a lady on the TV screen.

>> No! Don't leave me, I though I meant something to you! I thought we meant something to you!<< etc.

As the woman cried over her lost love in the background, Tao swung open the door carelessly to meet none other than Kris (or was it Yifan?)'s face. Tao choked.

The blonde looked up from a scrap of paper in his hands and flashed a smile, "You must be Zitao, am I correct?"

"Y-uh N-I-I mean yes," Tao managed say.

As a super model would,  Kris stepped forward into the apartment, (without permission, tsk tsk), and waltzed in dragging his big ego with him.

Tao suspected this was Kris. He stood there, agape at how handsome the man was. Kris had arched, thick eyebrows, dyed a sandy blonde color to match his majestic hair. Tao felt a little jealous. Or a bit attracted to him. He stood there, watching as Kris stared blankly at him.

"I'm Kris," He stuck his hand out to greet him, but Tao was too amazed by Kris's looks to notice. Kris awkwardly took his hand back and stuck them in the pockets of his extremely-tight jeans.  

Tao nodded slowly,  still looking at Kris creepily. He blinked for a few seconds and stepped back into reality. He turned to shut the door and Kris/Yifan saw as to how Tao's sweatpants tightened over his-uh, how do I put this nicely, .

Kris his lips.

Tao stopped for a second, back still to the other man and gulped. He turned with a bright smile, walking past Kris to lead him over to the couch. 

"Luhan told me all about you," Kris spoke from inside the living room, examining the fried rice that was placed on the glass coffee table. Tao frowned, for Luhan was blunt about mostly everything, and was sure that his friend probably told Kris all about his sleeping habits and love for pandas. 

Tao hummed in response, nodding.

"Well, about your past work and-uh, such things," Kris nodded at Tao who was sitting cross-legged on the couch. 

Tao wondered how a loser like Luhan knew Kris. He figured it had something to do with their lack of brains.

Kris wondered why Tao hadn't spoke up for anything and remembered the part where Luhan said Tao was extremely introverted and quiet and had less emotion than Kristen Stewart.

Kris had no idea who Kristen Stewart was.

"I run a haircut type of... establishment," Kris says, trying to get Tao to say something, anything.

Tao nods, acknowledging that Kris is still there.

"But it's sort of like a bar," Kris says confidence radiating off of his perfect face. Tao arches his back, listening to Kris. Kris clears his voice, watching as the fabric of Tao's shirt stretches over his chest and stomach. 

"I can show you around the place some time, if you want," Kris suggests.

Tao doesn't notice a thing, he nods slowly, gazing at nothing, as if he's in his own little world. Kris take this in awkwardly, trying to hide a frown. 

"Or we could do it now," Tao says, raising an eyebrow, showing it might just be the right time to do so. Kris mimics him, frowning, considering the thought.

He clasps his hands together loudly and rubs them together as if he were meaning to create friction. Or a fire, maybe.

"Good idea," Kris huffs, standing up. His eyebrows fly up underneath his airline when he sees that Tao is doing some form of stretching on the seat that he hadn't noticed 'till now.

Tao looks up unsuspecting, and finds Kris staring at him intently. He blushes cutely, before picking himself up from the loveseat and brushing himself off.

"Uh-Sorry, morning yoga, force of habit," he smiles cutely, "should we go now?" he says, pulling on a leather jacket.

Kris takes a few moments to recollect himself.

"I-uh...yeah,"

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

"So this is it?" Tao whispers, eyes darting around the area.

Kris leads them behind the bar, as Tao examines all the bottles of vodka and souju. The bottles glitter in the mirror which expands over the whole back wall. It's quiet, except for the hustling and bustling of the staff getting ready to open at midnight. Kris smiles when a short girl hops into the room, eyes twinkling like stars.

"This is Luna," Kris introduces, Luna shakes Tao's hand, happily, practically bouncing up and down. Kris smiles at her sincerely.

"She's in charge of teaching the new stylist how to do hair," Kris explains.

"But you'll be working with Key as a waiter," He continues, waving Luna off as she dissapears into the back room.

They walk down a corridor decorated with pictures of models and 'vintage' objects. They stop at a door at the end of the hall. He pulls a key out of his pocket and unlocks the door.

A blonde man is sitting at a bright green desk, with a boyish face. He smiles brightly at Kris and turns to Tao and bows. Tao does the same. He sits back down in his swivel chair and keeps his face from falling back into that goofy smile of his.

"Tao, this is Key, Key, this is Tao,"

"Nice to meet you Tao," Key greets, looking up from his laptop.

"Please take care of me," Tao mumbles, bowing once again.

Kris smiles awkwardly, as again, he stares at firm Tao's . Tao doesn't notice a thing.

Key does.

An eyebrow is raised, then is dropped when Tao is standing upright once again.

The crash of glass against floor is heard next door."Not again!" A raspy voice is heard form the other room. 

Key sighs, loudly, shutting his laptop and apoligizes before leaving the room. Thw two follow him intently.

"Jonghyun, what could you possibly do now?" Key says, pointing at him, a hand on his hips.

They are back at the bar, except a tan, buff, man is standing there.

A short man with manly features steps up, in formal wear, a sleeveless button-up dress shirt with a dark black bowtie. Since he's sleeveless his arms are oiled and glistening. Jonghyun is ripped.  Tao notes not to mess with him. Even though he does do wushu.

Key might be frail and might not be the most athletic person in the world, but he is certainly in shape. It's ironic how Key was taller, yet Jonghyun strong. It evened out greatly.

Jonghyun ducked down to pick up another shot glass and placed it on the counter with a thump. 

"I might've accidently broke another bottle of souju, but it's okay, it's all goooood," He confesses with a nervous laugh as Key looms over him.

"Jeez, I thought you hurt yourself again," Key rolls his eyes and walks back into the previous room, leaving Jonghyun to himself. 

Well, not exactly alone.

Jonghyun only then realizes that Kris and Tao are standing there watching the man.

"Hey Kris," Jonghyun raises a hand to say hello, "who's this?" He nods at Tao.

"He's the new waiter Luhan told me about," Kris mumbles quietly, as if Tao isn't standing right next to him.

"Tao, this is Jonghyun, the bartender," Tao waved at Jonghyun, keeping his distance, Jonghyun might've beem short, but was very intimidating. Jonghyun just smiled and returned to his 'work' and pretended to be checking labels of the bottles of alcohol.

Kris whispered in Tao's ear, "Key couldn't bear to let him off," Tao laughed like a school girl when Jonghyun turned around hearing his name, before being called over to the kitchen.

Kris continued down the previous  hall into an empty room, painted in white and yellow. It smelled like starbursts and bb cream.

"This will be your office," Kris said, whileas Tao nodded, observing the brightly-painted room.

Kris lead them into another room, a completely light blue painted room, a bright black desk in the center and self portraits of that person's office. Kris strolled over to his desk chair and sat.

"And this is my office," Kris boasted making hand movements to the paintings of his flawless face on each wall. Tao shivered. 

It was like there were a million of Kris and they were all staring through his soul. 

"Feel free to sit down,"

Tao sat in the chair across from Kris. A desk sat between them, and Kris was searching through the drawers, looking for the resume Luhan had given him days before.

"Ah, here it is," Kris muttered, flipping through pages.

Tao was nervous, to say the least. His last job included him cleaning pools, and he might've accidently pushed one or two innoncent passer-byers into the chlorine-intoxicated water. Tao was fired quickly after that.

"It says in here that you do martial arts? Could you explain to me what you do?" Kris mumbled, pen to his lips.

Tao felt a bead of sweat form somewhere at the back of his neck. He never liked speaking much of his wushu. He never liked to speak much at all.

"Chinese martial arts, it's called wushu, I do flips and backflips, nothing big," Tao waved it off, trying not to brag that he's been doing the sport for at least eleven years.

Kris nodded, continuing to interview the other.

"You also did rap?" Kris says.

"Yeah, I used to, I won a couple awards, but then I started to focus more on doing wushu,"

Tao blinked confusedly when he heard Kris scoff.

"Why'd you stop?" Kris said, sounding offended, although Tao was sure he did not push him into a pool.

"I- It got boring, after a certain amount of time..." Tao's eyes wandered off.

Kris looked mutually surprised but continued to read on about Tao's past jobs at working for Gucci shops and cleaning pools at snobby areas in the Southern Californian area. Kris didn't forget to mention the one time Tao almost set the McDonald's he previously worked at on fire for accidently passing out on the nightshift. And Tao had to revisit that time he worked at a tattoo parlor and gave a woman a drawing of a pony on her forehead when she had clearly stated her forearm. Overall, Tao wasn't that bad. The worst he could do as a waiter was get hit on by the patrons. That couldn't be as bad as accidently giving a to the boss of H&M.

"Well," Kris quipped, stacking the papers neatly on the desk, "you're hired," Kris let his winning smile show and Tao returned with a bitter one, ruing the day Luhan ever became his room mate.

Tao bowed and Kris took his hand and put it on Tao's lower back (woah there), gently pushing the man with himself, leading the two to the exit of the bar-slash-hairdresser place.

As Tao bows once again, Chen comes to the side of Kris and waves goodbye to the newly-hired-worker.

"At least he has a nice ," Chen muses.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Tao is stuck walking home, since Kris is too distracted by the younger's to offer him a ride. Tao sighs as he sticks his hands into his pockets, only to continue his journey down the almost-abandoned sidewalk.

Just then, a car slows to the next of him, and the tinted windows reveal Sehun and Luhan, nodding their heads to some kind of outdated Chinese rap. Tao is almost too emberassed - even though there's no one around to laugh -to get into the car with the couple of dorks.

"Hop in," Sehun smiles creepily, nodding his head to the bass line.

"What did I do to deserve this fate?" Tao says in horror as the couple suddenly decide it's the best time to make out when Tao is about to get into the car.

The wushu-artist decides it's best he gets home quicker so he can return to crying over his excuse of a life. After the couple of idiots are done swapping spit and all types of rabies, Sehun is back on the road, and Luhan is more than happy to hear that Tao actually got the job.

"Oh my gosh!" Luhan squeals, "Isn't he so handsome?!" Luhan asks and recieves an offended 'hey' from his boyfriend who is only ignored.

"Sure," Tao says considering the thought.

"Oooooooooooh, you soooo like him," Luhan smirks poking at Tao's sides.

'Krith and Zitao thitting in a tree, K-I-ETH-ETH-I-N-G,' Sehun says, his lisp bursting out in song, Luhan joins him on later.

"Yah! " Tao yells, whacking Luhan's head.

"I'm not even sure if he...swings that way," Tao mumbles, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Oh, he is, honey," Luhan garuantees, placing a hand on Tao's bedhead.

"That ba(th)tard Yifan?" Sehun pipes in, "definitely gay,"

Sehun then continued to mutter on about how Kris was trying to take his precious Luhan away, but we'll take that out of context.

The car halted to a stop at Luhan and Tao's shared apartment, and they were met with a dark black porshce, Kris's porsche to be exact.

"Kris," Tao whispered almost too dramatically as he stepped out of the car, watching as Kris leaned on his.

"I just wanted to check if you came home safely," Kris sighed awkwardly, "Sorry for not giving you a ride home,"

Tao was about to forgive him until a loud sound trilled from the car behind him.

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

_____________________________________________________________________________

The hunhan crew, ladies and gentleman.

/cough

Tao's is nice

/cough