Dittany

The Language of Flowers ❀
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YURI'S POV

 

3 months into the pregnancy.

 

Things could be counted as fine if you minus the frequent cramps that I'd been having early in the dawn or late into the night. Leg cramps are common during the pregnancy anyway, though I felt really bad because Youngbae had to tend to me every single time I experienced a cramp. Daesung's so-called friend, was actually his ex-fianceé, the one that he's trying to court back. Choi Sooyoung, a cheerful and bubbly lady who has a mind of her own. With her being my gynaecologist, everything appeared to be much more relaxed and easier. She made my condition sounded as though it wasn't a grave matter and that I would be fine. We became friends eventually with my frequent visits and since Daesung was my doctor-in-charge, they had more interactions with each other and from what I had seen, I inferred that Sooyoung still had Daesung in her heart. I wondered what exactly went wrong between them.

 

Youngbae had officially applied a year leave from YG and a press conference was held to announce to fans that he would be taking a year of hiatus. This also marked my first apperance on screen. We had decided that it was best to come clean with the press and fans, so that they would leave us alone, allowing me to be able to get the much needed rest. Once again, it was a tear-filled press conference where even Youngbae shed tears. Fans were all understanding enough and we had many gifts sent to our house everyday.

 

Moodswings were frequent too and I had to be frank, Youngbae was indeed an awesome husband. I guess no one would be as understanding and caring as him as I threw my tantrums. I couldn't control myself and well, he always gives in, no matter how unreasonable I was.

 

Hence, out of everything, I thank god most for him - My husband.

 

As the day faded into night, I loved watching the sky turn from blue to grey to orange and yellow at the western rim of the world. We would sit by the lake near our cottage, watch the water sparkled and the needles on the pine trees that seemed to shimmer.

 

"Babe,"

 

"Uhm?"

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

It's these little moments that kept me going.

 

♣♣♣♣♣♣

 

4 months into the pregnancy.

 

Things began to darken as my tummy got rounder and bigger. Sooyoung had examined me but the baby refused to show his gender to us. Though we were curious, we chose to remain this as a secret. No matter it's a boy or girl, Youngbae and I would love him nonetheless. My breaths began to get choppier and there's a few occasions that my heart wringed in pain, but I kept it from Youngbae with a forced smile. 

 

Yoona decided to move out of her dorm and back to the cottage to stay with us even though her schedules were hectic. She insisted that it would be better if she's here to take care of me. To be frank, I admitted that having Yoona by my side was more convenient. I didn't hide my pain from her but instructed her not to tell Youngbae. Of course, she grumbled and whined, but at the end of the day, she kept her word and hid it from him. Since Yoona stayed here, Jiyong oppa dropped by frequently too, together with Tiffany unnie and Seunghyun oppa.

 

Seungri too, dropped by often to check and chatted with me. I was kind of happy for this guy when he came together with Seohyun, even though they had claimed that they met at the door. There was a time when I asked him about Seohyun and he came clean to me.

 

"What do you think about Seohyun?"

 

"Are you trying to be a matchmaker here because you can't be with me?"

 

"Take it as a yes if you like~ Come on, I can sense some sparks going off between you two."

 

"Well, she's different from what I had thought all idols would be. Her thinking is really mature too. I'm not sure about the sparks that you're talking about, but I feel comfortable when I'm with her."

 

"Ahhh. So is there any possibility that you might date a superstar just like me?"

 

There was a silence before he ruffled his hair to hide his embarrassment. "I wouldn't rule out this possibility."

 

I was relieved.

 

At least when I'm gone, there would be another woman whom he would care, adore and love.

 

♣♣♣♣♣♣

 

5 months into the pregnancy.

 

Things took a turn for the worse when I could not hide my pain anymore. The pain experienced were frequent and excruciating and there were numerous occasions that I fainted. I was instructed by both Daesung and Sooyoung to be admitted into the hospital for good. Tears of worry were shed, but that was about it. There was nothing more I could do.

 

I stayed in the hospital - day and night.

 

One night, it was raining. Outside, the rain came down hard and the wind whipped sheets of water against the glass. Branches bent in the wind, bowing to a higher power. The dark sky flashed bright with lightning, and the thunder boomed, loud enough to shake the windows.

 

Youngbae brought up the forbidden question again.

 

"Yuri ah," he whispered, my hair. "Why not... Let's just forget it..."

 

"No Bae," tears began to well. "I don't want to. We've come this far, please don't ask me to forsake him..."

 

"Araso araso. I won't. Relax..."

 

He pic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter