Uncertainty

The Language of Flowers ❀
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S POV

 

"You could have informed me earlier!"

 

GD had dragged Yoona away from Taeyang and Yuri, bringing her to the nearby park.

 

"I know," he said, rubbing his shin. "If I did, I wouldn't have had this blow already."

 

"Well, it isn't my fault," Yoona chuckled at his expression. "You should take more milk when you're young. Just a light kick and you're bruised? Hmm..."

 

"Yah yah, I had a knee injury before!" GD grimaced. "You're going to be responsible for taking care of me for the rest of my life if I become limp."

 

"I think Kiko-sshi would be more than willing to take this position," Yoona stuck her tongue out as she skipped towards the railing and leaned against them, enjoying the night breeze.

 

"A strong smell of vinegar here I sense~" GD smirked as he walked towards her, shaking his head. "Why are all women like that?"

 

"Then don't like women, fancy men instead," Yoona spat.

 

Actually, she was planning for him to say some sweet-coated words to her, to calm her uncertainty. But apparently, the romantic GD&TOP member didn't get it.

 

"Wow, a little angsty here aren't we," GD chuckled. "Is this perhaps... the time of the month?"

 

"YAH! KWON JIYONG!" This sparked Yoona off, and of course, earned GD a hard slap on his arm. "Why do you even come here anyway!"

 

"Yes, Kiko Mizuhara used to be my girlfriend," GD grabbed hold of her hands and confessed. "The press was right. Was."

 

"M-Mwuh?"

 

"I had a past with her. Before I hit it big with TOP hyung," GD answered. "We broke off due to the massive differences and well, I didn't have time to accompany her and she had someone else in her heart during my period of absence as well. We still remained as friends though. But the press just didn't want to let this rest."

 

"I-I mean... Why are you telling me all this?"

 

Yoona was taken aback by his honesty. She didn't expect him to come clean to her about his relationship, let alone being so detailed and serious about it.

 

"I thought you might want to know it," GD released her hand and shrugged, leaning against the railing. "This is me. I like to be truthful to my partner when we're in a relationship. Trust before you love. That's what I call it or you can call that my principle when it comes to love."

 

Yoona fell silence at his remark. At that instant, he didn't look like the playful and hyper G-Dragon on stage. He was the normal, down-to-earth, charismatic Kwon Jiyong. Yoona didn't know that he had this side of him. It didn't seem matching but yet, she found it remotely touching to see this side. It looked like there's still so much more things that she didn't know about him.

 

"Yoona ah,"

 

"Mwuh?"

 

"Have you ever thought of becoming a star? You know, like a female rapper or something."

 

"Hmm..." That got her thinking. "I did take part in an audition when I was seven, but I didn't make it far. When appa and umma passed away, this thought never crossed my mind anymore and when I grew older, I took interest in flowers and had been too busy tending the florist with Yul. I hadn't give much thought to the singer dream, since well, I thought it was not practical anymore."

 

"I think you would go far being a rapper," he put on a straight face as he turned around to look at her.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because whenever you quarrel with me, you can speak so fast and fluently without even stopping for a breath," he flashed his cheeky smile at her and teased. "That's a pretty good start for rappers."

 

To think that she had thought for a moment that he was serious for once.

 

"Tsk! If I'm a rapper, there'll be no GD&TOP. I'm giving you a chance to earn more money, so be thankful!" Yoona scoffed.

 

"Awwww, is someone angry? Come on~ Don't be so petty, I was just joking~"

 

Without any prompting, GD wrapped his arms around Yoona, pulling her close to him. Yoona made no strong struggle - just a mere light elbow against his stomach before making herself comfortable in his arms. It seemed like the most natural thing to do when she leaned towards him, enjoying the night breeze, hearing the waves crashing against the rocks.

 

"Let's stay like this for awhile. Just stay like this for a brief moment..."

 

GD tightened his grip around her slender waist, leaning in to take in her scent. Yoona gave a silent consent and rested in his arms. To GD, it seemed so surreal. In just a short span of months, he's hooked to this girl, being attracted to her like he had never did to any other girls. It's surprising how a playboy like him would find the true meaning of love, but he just did. Love, is being happy when you're with her, and when you're not, you just feel that your life had been out of you. And right now, he believed that he's in love. Irrevocably in love with this girl in his arms even.

 

"You know, I weren't joking when I suggested the idea of you becoming a rapper," he said. "Our company is starting an audition soon."

 

"Why the sudden thought of asking me to become an idol? Weren't you the one that told Youngbae oppa that the entertainment world is too complicated for girls like Yul and I?"

 

"Yes, but to be honest, I'm scared, Yoona," he turned her around and tucked her loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm scared of losing you, Im Yoona..."

 

"Yo-"

 

"I'm scared. After seeing what happened to Youngbae and Yuri, I'm scared. I don't want to be like Youngbae and I don't want you to act like Yuri and most importantly, I don't want us to go through all those that they're going through right now. So, I'd rather I be selfish now, than to lose you and have this regret for the rest of my life," GD explained. "I might seem to be joking and fooling around all the time, but right now, I'm serious. I'm more serious than any time and anyone out there. I hope you can understand my intentions."

 

"You-" Yoona let out an almost inaudible whisper as their gazes locked. "You're serious about me..."

 

"Of course I am! What makes you think that I'm not?" GD frowned, giving a dissatisfied look. "I would go all out for someone I love. Maybe that's why my past relationships didn't work out. But still, I would choose to stick to my principle because I know you're different from those girls that I had met. You're special, Im Yoona."

 

That's all she needed - The security, the love and the trust that he had showered upon her.

 

"I once had a relationship... The only relationship in my life..." Yoona figured out that she should come clean to him too, if they want to make this relationship work.

 

"I know," GD gave a proud smirk. "Kang Daesung. A reowned cardiac surgeon now. You guys were going on great for two long years and you thought he's the one, but he came to you one day, telling you that he couldn't be with you because he had been engaged all these while. From then on, you had never ever got into another relationship because you don't trust in love anymore."

 

"H-How do you know all these?!"

 

"I told you - I would go all out for that someone I love. Besides, all I needed was a little talk with Yuri and every little piece of information about you is attainable," GD gave a nonchalant shrug.

 

"Yah! That Kwon Yuri!" Yoona pouted in dismay and started to curse. "I wo-mphhhh..."

 

Her babblings were muffled and eventually silenced by his kiss. He wrapped his arms around her waist skillfully, pulling her closer to him and took her lips tenderly. Everything happened so naturally and gently that Yoona could not protest. It was so soft and tender that every senses of her responded to it. She had never expected herself to date anyone else ever since that accident, let alone dating a superstar now. But as crazy as it seemed, yes, she had fallen in love. Once again.

 

But this time, it's a little risker.

 

A little more intimate.

 

A little more mysterious.

 

And a lot more passionate.

 

"So, what do you say about giving it a go?" GD broke apart, resting his forehead against hers as he let out a husky whisper.

 

"Give what a go?"

 

"Give me a chance, give us a chance," GD gave a boyish grin. "And most importantly, give yourself a chance."

 

Yoona looked deep into his dark orbs and found herself drowning in his charisma yet again. She had the answer the moment he had to leave her to return to Seoul.

 

"Give me a minute!"

 

"Yah! Where are you going?!!"

 

"Just stay there and don't move!"

 

Yoona ran away from him and back towards the garden of flowers. She did a quick scan through the sea of flowers and picked up the one that she wanted.

 

"What's this?" GD took the flower from her and raised his brows in curiousity.

 

"My answer," Yoona gave a cheeky smile in return. "Liatris."

 

I will try again.

 

♣♣♣♣♣♣

 

Two months passed in a blink of an eye and just as planned and promised, Yuri had been spending her time in Seoul to receive medical treatment and checkups on her condition. Her family doctor, Dr. Jung, had travelled down to the city to discuss her condition with the doctor-in-charge, Dr. Kim. Everyone was hoping that she could recover fully. Taeyang, had never once thought of giving her nor their relationship up.

 

As much as Taeyang had been tied down by his schedules, he made an effort to visit Yuri every single day and to accompany her for at least two hours a day, even if it meant dozing off by her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter