Two

I Don't Want You to Know

*********

It was almost the end of the year, two weeks before another new year came, Jinki declared that he wanted to get married. All of the employee in their section were talking about how much their bonus would be and what they were going to buy with it. And Jinki, being eccentric as always, said that he had saved a portion of his salary for his marriage.

That, with the addition of his bonus, would be enough for him to look for a house for her future wife.

Gwiboon frozed for a moment hearing the news.

But after that, she joined the crowd saying encouragement words for him.

She remembered Jinki’s smile that time. The smile that made Gwiboon cried on her bed for the whole weekend.

She had experienced this kind of unrequited love so many times already. She was always shy and never had the guts to tell her crush about her feeling. She would rather be their friend, observing them from close distance than blurting out her feeling and made them run away from her. Kim Gwiboon was just not confident with herself like that.

But her feeling for Lee Jinki was different. She really wanted to scratch that girl’s name, whoever she was, from Jinki’s heart, and replaced it with her own name. She wouldn’t mind getting a slap or a quarrel or a fight with that girl.

This.

This was not how Kim Gwiboon usually acted.

 

********

 

Gwiboon walked her path from the meeting room. She had finished her presentation with a freaking good score from her boss.

Yeah, she was still a trainee in the company, System Analysis Specialist Trainee to be exact - and she needed to show her best-of-the-best effort in every project she had in order to be a permanent employee.

She walked in her section office and her cutie’s back was facing her. Oh, had she mentioned that Jinki was a System Developer ?  Technically speaking, Jinki couldn’t live without her.

Because Jinki’s work depended on Gwiboon’s document.

It was like when people wanted to build a house. Gwiboon was the designer, the architect, the person who planned the building and analysed any problem that possibly happened. And Jinki was the executor, person who built the house according to Gwiboon’s blueprint as fast and accurate as possible.

What a beautiful depiction!

If only the same scenario happened for her love life.

Gwiboon had decided that she wouldn’t let go of Jinki easily. She wouldn’t seduce him to leave his girlfriend and be with her. No, it was a big no. But as long as Jinki’s still single, she still had a chance to be close to him, right?

At least, she should know what was his favorite color. She was tired of observing and guessing between red – yellow – green – and dark blue. Because Jinki had a new habit to wear a dark blue cap every Monday and Thursday.

There was no Kim Gwiboon who was being shy and embarrassed in front of Lee Jinki anymore.

With this new determination, Gwiboon approached Jinki’s desk.

“Good afternoon, Jinki-ssi.”

“Afternoon, Gwiboon-ssi.”

Gwiboon sat on the chair beside him and ready to talk. This was the second time she looked Jinki in the face after that long unforgotten moment in her life.

“I have to tell you something, Jinki-ssi. I had finished the system design and prototype for the new project, and the document would be brought to you by tomorrow morning . We can discuss the detail tomorrow before lunch if you don’t mind.”

First lesson about Lee Jinki, he would let you stare at his face if you talked some serious matter. Underline the word some serious matter.

He got dark circles under his eyes. His eyes were red, probably because lack of sleep.

Those were also some serious matter to be underlined.

“Okay. I’ll make sure to read it first tomorrow before our meeting.” Jinki smiled and scribbled a note at his calendar.

He lost weight. His cheek was not as chubby as two months ago. He needed to eat.

“Let’s not call it as a meeting. We can discuss it in the café, first floor. How is it ?”

“Okay. I’ll meet you there tomorrow.”

Jinki’s smile still attached to his face. But Gwiboon noticed something different. It’s not the typical bright-and-cheerful smile he had, but more like a forced smile.

 “Great.”

Gwiboon ignored her curiosity and took her phone from her pocket.

“May I have your number, Jinki-ssi? I’ll text you the time to meet after I check my schedule.”

There you go girl. What a lame excuse to get your crush number.

Asking for a man’s number was really not Gwiboon’s style.

“Is it necessary ? What for?”

Dang!

That was hurt.

Gwiboon snapped her head up from her phone’s screen. She didn’t know what to say.

“I.. I..”

Great, even her brain seem to stop functioning.

 “I mean your desk is just there, Gwiboon-ssi. You could tell me in person.”

Gwiboon heard guilty on Jinki’s voice.

She cleared and answered.

“Yeah, but I’ll never know what happen tomorrow so I need your number to tell you the time.”

“You can check it in the employee’s database. You’ll also get my email address there.”

Gwiboon’s second lesson today, Lee Jinki could be a jerk.

“That’s right. But I have no access to the database. I’m still new, remember ?”

“Okay, okay. I’ll give you my number. Let me type it by myself.”

Third lesson today. Never let Lee Jinki touch a brand new gadget without guidance. He wouldn’t understand how to operate it.

 

************

 

A/N :

Oh My God, i know i said that this will be a two-shots story. But many things happen in my life, and it's really difficult for me to spare my time to do an actual writing. I'm so sorry it took me too long to update. I'll try hard to find some time to write the final chapter but i can't say when it'll be posted..  :'(

Thanks for all of you who spare your time to read and leave comments. And also thank you very much for my subscribers. I dont want to disappoint you all.. <3

No proof-reading, please bear with any mistakes..