Yr. 1. Introductions

All Girls High School

 

Minseok walked inside the classroom after Joonmyun had patted her back as encouragement and after going to her own classroom.

 

The students that were already there were talking, sitting on a desk doing something, then there was that one girl that looked so immersed in sleep Minseok was sure she was drooling,

 

She decided, as rude as she felt the other girl to be, that that sleeping girl was her best choice for a sitting partner.

 

Tapping her leg, Minseok was starring at her hands and placing them flat on the desk before inspecting them again and just repeating such process. She was nervous, and to be honest, she was starting to get bored.

 

She sighed, wishing she was a little closer to the window when she felt a stare behind her. Turning to check on her seatmate, she jump on her seat when she noticed it was her seatmate that had been starring at her.

 

With sleepy eyes her seatmate slowly poked her cheek. ‘So cute~’ she cooed with a sight sleepy slur. ‘You look like happiness and cute ~’ She kept poking. ‘You remind me of my pillow, or both of them actually~’ she chuckled at her own joke. ‘I am Jongdae, and you are so soft~’ she stopped pocking, but now she was the side of her face. ‘What is your name?~’

 

‘M-Minseok, K-k-Kim Minseok’  she was terrified, and she hated that she was stuttering out of fear.

 

‘so cute~!’ Jongdae said one last time before lowering her head in a not-so-gentle manner and continuing her nap, if she ever woke up that is.

 

Now Minseok really wished she had sat closer to the window and further away from Jongdae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The class now looked full as the initial bell rang. The teacher had not arrived yet so Minseok decided to people watch her classmates.

 

Her eyes kept going back to the pair that sat a couple of desk from her own.

 

The closest to her was leaning back with her legs and arms crossed and she seemed to be having the worst day of her life, something Minseok doesn’t understand because the girls backpack had to be the cutest panda backpack he has ever laid her eyes on, and once in a while she would flick her long black her from her shoulder, and if Minseok was an expert in body language he would classify that as an action of having the worst the of your life.

 

The other girl, although partially obstructed by the first girl, was leaning forwards with her hands under her chin and elbows on the desk, and if Minseok thought the first girl was having that worst day of her life, she knew for a fact the second girl has never even seen a good day in hers. With long blond hair and a scowl that would freeze Minseok into cardiac arrest.

 

There is no way these two are first years. They both looked like they were older, and they did not belong there at all.

 

It seemed that Minseok had been starring for to long on that occasion because the girl with black hair turned to look at her, her cold demeanor never flaking as she bend down to grab her bag pulling out a pencil and a notebook, she looked at Minseok, making her jump in her seat,  before opening the notebook and making herself busy.

 

Minseok let out a shaky breath before starring down at her hands once more.

 

 

 

 

After what seemed to be twenty minutes since the bell rung their teacher finally came in, panting and sweaty from what Minseok suppose was running to her own classroom.

 

‘Everyone sit down and shut up!’ She said

 

She looked like a woman in her early thirties that did not take from no one.

 

‘Well, now that I am here lets all introduce ourselves to each other and all of that bonding nonsense we do at the beginning of the year!’ She said a little too chirpy for what she just said.

 

‘I’ll begin with myself, I am Mrs. Nam, I am your homeroom teacher, and I will be stuck with you for the rest of the year, and if you deemed yourself worthy, you shall lead this classroom into victory for the next three years. Any questions?’

 

A girl in the middle of the class raised her hand

 

‘Yes?’

 

‘Why were you late?’

 

The teacher let out a loud laugh ‘well you see I was so excited to see you that I decided to enjoy my coffee so I could be fully awake for this precise meeting with all of you!’

 

Minseok didn’t even buy her bull, and Minseok knew she was pretty gullible, herself.

 

‘But enough about me let’s start from the left to right starting from the back’

 

As more girls introduced themselves Minseok grew more and more nervous, this was it, this was the time she would show everyone how interesting she really is.

 

She didn’t even dare to look up when the two intimidating girls introduced themselves. She just heard when the first one, the farthest from her, introduced herself as Wu Yi Fan, and came from Canada, and the closer one to her introduced herself as Zi Tao, and not only is she from China, but she also practices wushu.

 

The attention was getting closer and closer to her that she was immersed in her thoughts on what to say when one girl caught her attention, it was the girl that had bumped into her outside of school.

 

‘Hello my name is Luhan, no one but me is allowed to have pink as their favorite color, because that is my favorite color, not yours, mine! I have an obsession with cute things, again mine, and I like to play soccer, I am also Chinese, and I am damn adorable!’ she finished  crossing her arms with the confidence of gold.

 

Minseok could only stare at her, there she was, the girl that bumped into her and left her without even an apology.

 

She was pretending not to know Korean so she could get off from an unwanted situation!