Chapter 2

Marshmallow Chocolate Ice-cream with Peanut

 

The next morning, it was the new day, with bright sun shone in the morning, what a lovely day; the summer had come! Yumi woke up from her sleep as the sunshine woke her up from the sleep and smiled widely towards her. She smiled and woke up from her bed and went towards the window. She opened the window and she took a deep breath. What a beautiful day, Yumi smiled widely. The birds were twittering around, the leaves were scattered around and the day looked very beautiful.

            Yumi approached her bed and woke Reika hardly from her sleep. Reika seemed very nice in her sleep and at last she woke up from her sleep when Yumi shakes her body hardly.

            “Rei_chan, wake up!”

            “It’s summer already!” she said happily. Reika woke up from her sleep immediately and looked throughout the window. She smiled and smiled widely towards Yumi.

            “Let’s go! Let’s prepare for our breakfast!” Yumi said and pulled Reika’s hand. 

            “H-Hai…. Matte ne.” she woke up weakly and followed Yumi to downstairs.

            What a lovely summer morning. They managed to make pancakes for their breakfast. But, seemed like they didn’t make for the pancakes but they were playing around by throwing the flour at each other. The girls were screaming around and laughing around, just like the kids that playing the flour war around the kitchen and it can be heard their laughed.

            At last, they stopped when Reika’s cell phone rang. She took her cell phone and smiled sheepishly when saw Yamada’s name appeared on the phone’s screen. Yumi washed herself up and went to living room after poked Reika’s back hard.

            “Moshi moshi, Yamada.” She answered and trying hardly not to shout when Yumi poked her back hard.

            “Moshi moshi… Ohayou ne, lady…” he said softly.

            “Ohayou ne…” Reika replied and smiled.

            “Anou saa… Seems like summer had come. Then, I want to invite you and Yumi to have a pleasure dinner with us tonight. Do you mind to join us?” Yamada asked and at the same time when Yumi came into the kitchen back with a small book inside her hand, she was looking confuse.

            “Etoo…” there’s no answer from Reika.

            “Ne, Rei_chan. Oh, boku wa Daiki desu. Yamada will cook for us. He cooks very nice.” Reika can hear Daiki spoke on the phone and Yamada took his phone back and spoke with Reika back.

            “Ne, will you come tonight?” Yamada asked her; waiting for her answer. Reika kept looking at Yumi. She was looking over the book on her hand and at last she knew whose book was that.

            “Inoo Kei no hon desu ka?” she said to herself and gulped; looking at Reika blankly.

            “Seems there’s no excuse to avoid you, Ryo_chan. Hai, we’ll come tonight.” Reika replied.

            “Arigatou ne. I’ll come to fetch you tonight.” Yamada replied happily and they hang up the phone.

            Reika hang up the phone and smiled sheepishly towards Yumi.

            “Seems like there’s no excuse to avoid Kei_chan tonight.” Reika said and Reika knew that Yumi was blushing.

            The day became darker and darker and seemed the two ladies still have not ready yet. Yumi was sitting in front of the mirror and put on her hair clips on her hair, while Reika was still in the bathroom. It has been long for Reika in the bathroom and at last, Yumi knocked the bathroom’s door.

            “Hey, what are you doing inside there? Are you putting on your dress or you’re sleeping inside there?” Yumi knocked the door and kept shouting outside.

            “Hai hai… Matte ne.. I’m coming.” She said and at the same time, she unlocked the door and let Yumi saw her.

            “I think your dress was so short for me to use.” She said and kept pulling the dress until touched her knees. It was because she was higher than Yumi.

            “Hey… You looked beautiful and y at the same time.” Yumi praised and laughed quietly. Reika seemed didn’t confident on herself and kept looking at herself in the mirror.

            Yumi lend her dress for Reika to use for that night. She was wearing a red rose dress. She let her long hair touched her shoulder and put on the silky pink hair band on her hair and wore a ring with a red watch on her right hand. While, Yumi wore her light blue dress; suit it on with her little cute white clips on her hair and a pearl bracelet on her right hand.

            A couple of minutes later, they heard a loud horn from outside and when they sneaked out through the window, they smiled happily. Yamada had arrived with his car. Reika waved back at him and get ready to move downstairs with Yumi.

            “Let’s go my beautiful lady.” Yamada said and lend his elbow for Reika. Yumi left behind to lock the gate and reached the car a few seconds later.

            “Hang on, my girl. Let me open the door for you.” Suddenly a guy moved out from the car and walked towards Yumi. Yumi was surprised to see Inoo with his brown cap on and grey shirt; his left hand inside his pocket and opened the car’s door for Yumi. Yumi tried to smile and nodded and sat beside Reika. They were just can’t stop themselves from smiling at each other and only God knew how fast their heart beats on that time.

            “Let’s go, baby.” Yamada said excitedly and left. He drove the car slowly through the road and heading to their house. The two of them sat behind were sitting quietly and waited patiently to reach to their house. And, at last, they stopped in front of a bungalow. They stopped in front of a big bungalow with a beautiful garden. For a while, the two of them were hesitated. But then, as Yamada and Inoo invited them to enter the house, they followed them. Daiki and Hikaru were already got ready in front of the door.

            “Okaeri ne~” they said simultaneously.

            “Dozo~” they said again and asked the two ladies to enter. They let Daiki and Hikaru took off their jacket and followed Yamada into the living room. They looked around proudly and then smiled.

            “Hope you enjoy yourself tonight.” The four of them said simultaneously and bowed towards Reika and Yumi. Reika and Yumi were speechless. All what they can do were to smile. They were being invited to the kitchen where the foods were already prepared on the table. It got a lot of foods; looked very tasty that could make everyone to hungry and consisted of many kinds of foods. They prepared ramen, sushi, mushroom soup with seaweed and the tasty meet with barbeque sauce. While, for the dessert, Hikaru’s made, he had prepared a strawberry smooties with peaches.

            Daiki gave the two of them a glass of drink and raised the drink up.

            “For summer and enjoy yourself.” He said while get the drink up. He winked and drank it; followed by the others. Inoo quickly pulled out the chair for Yumi to sit while Daiki was very fast than Yamada; pulled out the chair for Reika and laughed quietly. Yamada shook his head and pouted at the same time.

            “I think Yamada got green eye already. He likes you.” He said and winked.

            “Nani?” Reika was blurred and only sat quietly beside Yumi. They began to eat and there’s the silence began. They ate the dishes prepared quietly. There’s nothing they can say, they were very delicious.

            “Who made these ramens and the soup? It tastes very nice.” Yumi praised and ate the ramen happily.

            “For sure, our chef.” Inoo answered proudly. Daiki poked Yamada at his waist and made him to yell in pain.

            “Anou… Don’t forget to try my smooties.” He interrupted and then they burst into laughter.

            Hours later, they finished their dinner and ended up when Reika praised for Hikaru’s delicious smootie. They did the cleaning together in the kitchen and finished it minutes later. Hikaru invited them to the garden; to take a refreshing air in the night on the summer night.

            What a beautiful night with the stars glazing on the sky. They looked at it proudly and smiled happily. The garden looked wide and beautiful; with the colorful flowers filled the garden and there got a big tree with a swing under it. Yamada pulled Reika’s hand softly to that tree and left them.

            “It was a very beautiful night right?” Inoo started the conversation. Hikaru and Daiki left them and kept looking over the sky. They bet to calculate the stars on the sky and the one that don’t get confuse will win.

            “Un~ Sou da you… I love this condition.” Yumi said and Inoo could see the happiness on her face.

            “You look more beautiful than this night.” Inoo said and took a deep breath to prevent him from getting nervous. Yumi turned to look at him.

            “Nani?” Yumi refused and laughed softly.

            “Majide yo~” Inoo said seriously and grabbed her hand.

            “I like you more than this night.” He said and smiled sweetly towards her.

            “Hontou ni ka?” Yumi asked shyly.

            “Hontou desu.” Inoo answered confidently and slowly, they kissed.

            “142… 143… Hey! Kei kissed Yumi_chan.” Hikaru stopped from counting and looked at the two of them.

            “Hika_chan, you lose. I win!” Daiki said happily.

            “Eh? Masaka…” he said regretful and angry to see Daiki laughed at him.

            Daiki pointed at Yamada and Reika that were under the big tree. Yamada asked her to sit on the swing and Yamada stood in front of her and stared on her. Hikaru was suddenly feeling very hot and angry on Daiki. Not because the bet for sure and left them.

            “Eh? Matte ne! Hika_chan…” Daiki called after him and followed him.

            “Rei_chan… Can I ask you something?” Yamada started the conversation and stared at Reika with a full of hope face.

            “What animal do you like?” Yamada asked. Reika was still thinking when Yamada suddenly interrupted.

            “Emm… Maybe you like cats? Dogs? Monkeys?” Yamada asked again. Reika started to look confuse and looked at him blankly.

            “Anou nee~” she tried to answer.

            “Or… You like me?” Yamada said and waited for Reika. For a while, Reika froze and then she could feel her face was hot and she knew she blushed a lot.

            “Rei_chan naa~ Kimi ga suki.” He said bravely. Reika lifted her face up and stared at that face.

            “Boku mo suki nanda?” Yamada asked and went nearer to her.

            “Iie…” Reika answered quickly and forced to shake her head.

            “Honki jyanai.” Yamada said and laughed.

            “You like me too, right?” he asked again and that made Reika blushed more. But, slowly Reika nodded and avoided to look at Yamada.

            “Kimi ga suki desu.” He said and smirked. Reika pushed him and tried to run from him. But, Yamada was faster than her. He grabbed her hand and embraced her.

            “You’re not good in lying. And, I won’t let you go.” He said and he can hear Reika was laughing.

            “Majide?” she asked.

            “Majide yo~!” he answered. Reika turned to look at him and slowly smile.

            “Atashi mo…” she said. And, what made them happy, they had their first kiss; under the shady tree. The trees and the stars were watching them, they were their witness.