If I Could See You Again...

Kiss the Rain

Time went as usual. There was nothing happened between Hana and Minho. Hana always rejected to meet Kibum whenever he was with Minho and the others. Chaeri got her hope higher as Taemin often asked her and Hana to play with them so that Seona had girl friends to talk. Seona always stuck with Jonghyun and to make it less obvious, Taemin asked Chaeri to accompany Seona play with them. Hana who was still trying to avoid Minho so she always found an excuse not to play with them.

Kibum felt that he had to do something so that Hana could be comfortable to play with them. Whenever Kibum succeeded to bring Hana, she always acted strange and awkward. Minho realized that Hana acted oddly when she was with them. He was also less talkative when Hana was around. Chaeri was nervous whenever she tried to talk to Minho. Minho also acted cool whenever Hana was there with them.

Minho felt something was wrong with Hana.

“Hey guys, let’s go to the studio.” Minho stood up and walked through the corridor.

There was mumbling among the group. Kibum stood up right away and took Hana. Jonghyun walked with Seona while hugging each other.  Onew still focused on his book until Chaeri and Kibum pulled him.

In the studio, there was a grand piano. Minho sat on the bench and started to play the piano. Everyone else were sitting on the stage and looking at Minho. They were mesmerized.

“Wah, here we go again. The pianist is playing again.” Kibum said as he was amazed by Minho’s play. Minho played a very soft and beautiful melody.

The song he was playing was the one Hana heard the other day when she first met Minho. It was the same melody. The sound of rain and that melody resound in Hana’s head.

Hana lowered her head and closed her eyes. She remembered that time when she first met Minho.

Minho stopped playing. The others were applauding him.

“Wah, daebak Choi Minho. That was so sweet, the melody. What’s the name of that song?” Kibum asked in curiosity.

Minho coolly walked toward the others, “It’s called Kiss the Rain.” Minho took a glance at Hana. Hana was also looking at him at the same time. Their eyes met.

 

Kibum was walking with Hana. They were shopping at M plaza for winter.

“Hana ya…”

“Hmm?”

“Don’t you realize that Minho likes you?” Kibum asked Hana flatly. She chocked as Kibum asked her that.

“Yeee? What are you talking about, Kibum aa? Don’t talk absurd things like that. I’ll be dead if Chaeri heard that.” Hana punched Kibum playfully.

Aftr that day, Hana tried to avoid any topic about Minho when she was talking with Kibum.

 

Hana was walking in the corridor alone when she was going back to her class. Suddenly, someone pulled her and drag her. They were going to the empty studio.

It was Minho.

“Minho ya, what are you doing. I have a class.” Hana talked with raising tone.

“Calm Hana. I… I just want to talk about something.”

“What?!”

“Please don’t be mad at me. Please, hear me, just this once… Hana ya, I think I’m in love with you. I can’t resist it anymore. I know that your best friend likes me, but I don’t have the same feeling as her. I love you, Hana ya. And somehow I’m sure you have the same feeling as me.” Minho was serious this time. He was holding Hana’s shoulders. Hana lowered her head. “Look at me!”

Hana looked at Minho, “How can you be so sure that I like you too, stop being delusional Minho ya. I know that many girls like you. But it doesn’t mean I like you too.”

Minho was taken aback as he heard that from Hana.

“Look at me and tell me that you don’t like me!” Minho shook Hana’s shoulder.

“I… I don’t… I don’t…” Hana stopped right away as Minho’s lips closed hers. She was shocked and freeze. Minho closed his eyes as he kissed Hana.

Hana realized that it was wrong. She stepped back and was trembling. Hana didn’t know how to react to Minho’s act. That kiss, she didn’t expect that to happen.

My first kiss

The First time

My first kiss

My first love

He is the first guy I’ve ever loved, but it’s not right

 

The studio door was opened. Chaeri was standing there. Kibum, Taemin, and Onew were all standing behind Chaeri’s back. They showed shocked expression. They all were looking at Minho and Hana in disbelief. Hana was shocked to see Chaeri standing and she was sure that she saw everything. Her heart fell apart to see her best friend there.

“Chaeri ya.. It’s not like what you see. I can explain it.”

Chaeri was very disappointed and she was angry. She didn’t want to see Hana that time. She turned and ran. Hana then ran after her.

“Chaeri ya! Wait for me… I have to explain it.”

As Hana ran after Chaeri, the others also followed them.

Chaeri ran outside the school and went toward the street. She was going to cross the street and avoid Hana and ran faster. However Hana ran faster than her.

Hana grabbed Chaeri’s shoulder.

“Chaeri ya, please hear me. It’s not like what you see.”

“Oh yeah? Explain it then! You know that I love Minho, but look at what you did! Explain it if you really have an explanation!”

“I don’t want to hurt you Chaeri ya, you are my best friend.” Chaeri was a bit confinced as Hana talked seriously.

 

There was a car approachin them in full speed. Hana saw the car coming. She pushed Chaeri to the sideway. Chaeri was shocked and thought that Hana was trying to hurt her.

But then, the car hit Hana. Chaeri was shocked to see that. Hana was badly injured. Minho who saw that ran right away to Hana. He lifted Hana’s head to his lap.

“Hana ya… please. Don’t leave. Please…”

“Minho ya…. Mianhae… uhuk..” Hana coughed, was filled with blood. Her head was covered with blood.

Minho hugged Hana, “Please Hana. Don’t leave… I’m sorry. Please Hana, it’s okay if you don’t love me, but please don’t leave…”

Hana’s body was weakening. She started to imagine things. She fell into her dreamland again. She saw the guy in white shirt again. She was in his arms.

“Saranghae…” Hana whispered to the guy.

 

 

7 years later…

Hana was just back from the US. She was with Kibum. They went to Han gang.

“Hana ya, wait here okay. Don’t go anywhere. I’m going to buy ice cream. Don’t go anywhere, arasso?”

“Arasso..” Hana smiled to Kibum.

 

Hana stood up and started to walk around with her right arm open.

A guy approached her, he took Hana’s hand. Hana was startled. Someone was holding her hand.

“Nuguseyo? Kibum ii?”

The guy was shocked. He didn’t answer.

“Nuguseyo?” Hana asked to the guy. But the guy still didn’t answer.

Hana’s heart started to beat faster. Boom boom boom boom…

“Minho?” Hana asked, still uncertain.

The guy hugged Hana.

“Saranghae…” The guy said.

That guy, he was Choi Minho, Hana’s first love. Hana was freeze in Minho’s arms. She could feel Minho’s heart. She could smell his fragrance. She once again fell into her dreamland. She was back in that sunflower field in the guy’s arms. The guy in white shirt was hugging her in the middle of the sunflower’s field. And it started to rain again. This time, they enjoyed the rain. They deeply feel the smell of the rain.

 

I can’t see him again. I have to go. I have to leave him. I can’t meet him like this. I can’t meet him when I can’t see him. I can’t see anything now. I can only remember him now, his figure. But I’m afraid I could forget him. I’m afraid I can’t remember his face again. I wish I could see him again. I wish I could tell him that I love him. I love you. I love you. I would tell him hundred, no, millions times. I would tell him that every day. If I could see you again…

If we are destined for each other, if our love could last, we’ll surely meet again.

If I could see you again…

 

(Hana’s diary)