7

Just One Beat *HIATUS*

Seohyun rushed down the stairs to the auditorium. When she entered the theater, she found Miss Kim speaking. Seohyun snuck behind the rows of seats and took a place next to Kyuhyun.

“Hey.” Kyuhyun grinned.

“Oh, hey. Did I miss anything?” Seohyun asked.

“Not really. She’s just been going over rules and procedures. Why are you so late?”

Seohyun thought for a moment and giggled to herself. “Just got distracted on the way.”

“Ah, I see. Well, let’s just listen.” Kyuhyun suggested. Seohyun smiled back in response.

“Rehearsals are everyday from 3 to 5. If you can’t make it one day, make sure to inform me before hand.  Scripts will be passed out today. Start memorizing lines tonight. Rehearsals will start next Monday. Be prepared for sore throats. If you can’t handle it, you may leave. Anyone think they can’t handle it?” Miss Kim asked the actors and actresses. She was met with silence.

“Okay then. Well, scripts will be passed out then if you have no questions.” Miss Kim announced. Scripts began to get passed out.

“Hey, do you know where Changmin is?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Huh? I saw him earlier. Taught him another lesson.” Seohyun said.

Kyuhyun laughed. “What did he do this time?”

Seohyun told him about the incident. Kyuhyun bursted out in laughter. 

“I kinda feel bad for making him bleed though. I wonder if he’s alright..” Seohyun trailed.

Kyuhyun watched Seohyun carefully. Ever since he had met her yesterday, she had invaded his thought uninvited. He was infatuated with her. Her beauty caught his eyes. It was like love at first sight.

“Kyuhyun?” Seohyun waved her hand in front of Kyuhyun’s face.

“Huh?” He snapped out of his daze.

“I asked you if your knee was alright. It was bleeding a bunch.”  Seohyun glanced down at his knee, worried.

“It’s fine. Don’t worry.” Kyuhyun smiled.

“Oh I see.” Seohyun returned a smile.

Scripts made their way into their hands. Kyuhyun looked down at the script. It was thick. Really thick. He heaved a sigh. Seohyun glanced at him.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“It’s so huge.” He complained.

Seohyun shook her head. “You shouldn’t have tried out then.”

“I guess you’re right.” Kyuhyun said.

Seohyun smiled at him and continued to skim through the script. Kyuhyun did the same. People began to make their way out of the auditorium except for Seohyun and Kyuhyun. They didn’t notice everyone leaving. They were in their own world. Then Kyuhyun felt a tap. He looked up to find Miss Kim standing before.

“Aren’t you guys leaving?” Miss Kim asked.

Kyuhyun nudged Seohyun. She glanced up and immediately stood up and bowed. Miss Kim left a heartfelt chuckle.

“Miss Seo, you have such great manners.” Miss Kim complimented. Then she looked at Kyuhyun. “Unlike Mr. Cho.”

Seohyun giggled. Kyuhyun was embarrassed. He quickly bowed and apologized. “I’m sorry, Miss Kim.”

His abrupt action caused a roar of laughter among the two girls.

“So, Mr. Cho, I saw your knee injury earlier when you walked in. Are you going to be alright for the show?” Miss Kim asked after laughing.

“Yes. I’ll be fine. It’s only a cut.” Kyuhyun reassured.

“A cut? It was a huge gash earlier. Bleeding all over the place. It was nasty.” Seohyun described the wound.

“Miss Seo, please. I do not need a graphic image of it.” Miss Kim complained.

“Oh, sorry, Miss Kim.” Seohyun bowed.

“It’s fine. I just wanted to let you two know that you are going to start getting extra vocal lessons, especially you Miss Seo. You need to be able to reach the high E6 note. Vocal lessons start tomorrow but actual rehearsals with everyone start next Monday. So are you two leaving?” Miss Kim asked.

“Yes, we are. Have a great rest of your day, Miss Kim.” Kyuhyun said.

“See you tomorrow, Miss Kim. Be safe.” Seohyun bowed and two of them left.

On the way outside, Seohyun’s phone began to ring. She reached into her purse and pulled it.

“Hello?” She answered the call.

“Joohyunnie, I’m bored.” Her older brother complained.

Kyuhyun heard a male voice through the phone. “Who is it?” He mouthed.

“My brother.” She mouthed back.

“Joohyun? You there?” Her brother asked.

“Um..yeah..What do you need, oppa?” Seohyun asked.

“I’m bored..Where are you at?” Her brother questioned.

“I’m at school. You got to the condo safely, right? No scratches on the car…right?” Seohyun asked.

“Of course! I’m a great driver!” Her brother said.

“No you’re not, oppa.” Seohyun disagreed.

“Joohyun-ah, you have no food here.” Her brother complained.

“Then go get some? You have my car.” Seohyun told him.

“Aish..Fine…What time will you be home?”

“Um..” Seohyun glanced at Kyuhyun. “Whenever you come and pick me up.”

“What time you want get picked up?” Her brother asked.

“I can drop you off if you need.” Kyuhyun whispered.

“Never mind, oppa. My friend will drop me off.” Seohyun said.

“Oh, alright. When you get back, let’s go to the store. You definitely need some food.” Her brother suggested.

“Yeah yeah yeah. See ya. Bye.” Seohyun hung up the phone and tossed her phone back into her purse.

“You seem close to your brother.” Kyuhyun said.

She glanced at Kyuhyun. “Yeah. He’s a couple years older than me but we’re still really close.”

“Before I drop you off, you want to go get some coffee?” Kyuhyun offered.

“Sure.” Seohyun and Kyuhyun made their way to the student parking lot. Kyuhyun walked over to his car. He unlocked it and slid inside. He unlocked Seohyun’s door and she slid in as well.

“So where are we going to go get coffee?” Seohyun asked.

“A place that I’ve been going since I was in high school.” Kyuhyun answered.

“Sounds nice.” Seohyun smiled.

“It is.” Kyuhyun said.

Kyuhyun started up the car and put it into drive. During the drive, the two spoke of their day, had a few laughs here and there, and then finally arrived to the café. Kyuhyun pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. He turned off the car and got out. Seohyun did the same. They walked into the café and were greeted immediately.

“Kyuhyun-ah! Long time no see! How are you?” A woman behind the counter greeted.

“Oh! Ajummah Park! Hello!” Kyuhyun greeted.

“Oh, Kyuhyun-ah! I see you brought your girlfriend with you! This is a first!” The old woman said with a smile on her face.

“She’s not my girlfriend! She’s a friend from school. We’re in the musical together.” Kyuhyun told the old woman.

“Oh, I just lost hope for you then.” Ajummah Park announced with a sigh.

Seohyun giggled. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Kyuhyun asked, confused.

“Aigoo..This kid…Anyways, what’s your name, sweetheart?” The old woman focused her attention on Seohyun.

“Hello. I’m Seohyun.” Seohyun introduced herself.

“A pretty name for a pretty girl. What can I get you guys?” The old woman asked.

“I’ll have hot chocolate.” Seohyun answered with a grin.

“What I usually get.” Kyuhyun said.

“Coming right up.” Ajummah Park smiled. “Sulli! Get out here and get these customers their order!” The old woman shouted out to the back room. A tall and skinny girl came rushing out.

“I’m here!” The girl shouted.

“Get these customers their order.” Ajummah Park ordered.

“Hi, what can I get you guys?” The girl asked while writing on a notepad.

“Um..I’ll get a hot chocolate.” Seohyun said.

“The usual.” Kyuhyun said.

The girl looked up and smiled. “It’s been a while, oppa.”

“Sulli-ah, what’s up? Haven’t seen you for a long time. You grew up well!” Kyuhyun complimented.

“Thanks, oppa. So, who is this?” Sulli asked as she nudged towards Seohyun.

“Oh, this is my friend Seohyun.” He said.

“Hello.” Seohyun greeted with a smile.

“She’s so pretty.” Sulli complimented.

“Sulli!” Ajummah Park scolded Sulli.

“Ah yes! The total is $5.38.” Sulli announced.

Seohyun began to reach into her purse when Kyuhyun stopped her.

“I got this.” Kyuhyun said.

“I can pay.” Seohyun insisted.

“Don’t worry. Think of it as repayment for you helping with my wound.” Kyuhyun smiled.

Seohyun closed her purse.

“Thank you.” She expressed her gratitude.

“Is it here or to go?” Sulli asked.

“To go. She’s in a hurry.” Kyuhyun said as he nudged Seohyun.

“No I’m not.” Seohyun insisted.

“Yeah you are. You don’t want to keep your brother waiting, do you?” Kyuhyun asked.

“To go, right?” Sulli asked Seohyun.

Seohyun sighed and nodded. Sulli turned and began to prepare their order. Kyuhyun pulled out the money. When Sulli came back, Kyuhyun handed her the money. Sulli handed them their order along with the change. Kyuhyun gave Seohyun her hot chocolate.

“Come again!” Sulli bowed and waved.

“I sure and it nice was meeting you Sulli.” Seohyun said.

“See ya, Sulli-ah!” Kyuhyun waved and the two friends left. They got into the car and drove to Seohyun’s condo.

“Thanks for driving me and-“ Seohyun was cut off by the ringing of her phone.

“Hello?” Seohyun answered the call.

“Where are you at?” Her brother asked.

“I’m outside. Come on because we need to go grocery shopping.” Seohyun told him.

“Arraso. I’ll be out in a minute.” Her brother said.

The call ended. Seohyun looked up at Kyuhyun. “Thanks for driving me again.”

“No problem. Anytime. Oh, do you have classes tomorrow?” Kyuhyun asked.

Seohyun  nodded her head. “I have Business and Financial Management.”

“Sounds boring.” Kyuhyun said.

“Probably is. I’m only taking it because my dad is forcing me to.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m taking over the company when my dad retires.” Seohyun said.

“But don’t you have a brother?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yeah but he moved away so I’m taking over.” Seohyun replied.

“Oh, I see. Well, here comes you’re brother, I think.” Kyuhyun said.

Seohyun glanced at the condo. Her brother was making his way down to the car. He knocked on the window. Seohyun rolled it down.

“You coming or what, Joo-“ Seohyun’s brother caught sight of Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun-ah! Is that you?!”

“Oh! Leeteuk! Hey!” Kyuhyun greeted.

Seohyun looked at the two, confused. “You two..know each other?”

They both looked at her. “Of course. We used to hang out during middle and high school.”

“Yah! Get out of the car so I can man hug you!” Leeteuk ordered.

Kyuhyun let out a heartfelt chuckle, unbuckled his seatbelt, and got out of the vehicle. Seohyun did the same. Kyuhyun jogged over to the Leeteuk and the two hugged.

“How are you? When you graduated and moved away, we lost contact. How have you been doing?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Pretty good. How do you and Joohyunnie know each other?” Leeteuk asked as he placed his arm around Seohyun’s shoulders, signaling his over protectiveness.

“We’re in the musical together.” Kyuhyun said.

“Joohyun-ah, you didn’t tell me you were in a musical. That’s awesome!” Leeteuk exclaimed.

“You were too busy with work to pick up your phone. Not my fault.” Seohyun shrugged Leeteuk’s arm off.

“So, how long are you in town for?” Kyuhyun asked.

“For a month. I wanted to visit family because they never come to me. Losers.” Leeteuk poked at Seohyun.

Seohyun flicked his finger away. “Kyuhyun, let me see your phone real quick.”

Kyuhyun, puzzled, handed her his phone. Seohyun typed her number in, saved it, and gave it back.

“Since we’re going to need each other’s numbers in the future.” Seohyun said with a smile.

Kyuhyun’s heart leap with joy. He didn’t even have to ask for her number.

“See you tomorrow, Kyuhyun.” Seohyun waved and began to walk over to her car.

Kyuhyun just gazed at her lovingly.  Leeteuk understood what was going on.

“You’re so cute.” Leeteuk laughed.

“Huh?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I said you’re so cute.” Leeteuk repeated.

“I’m not gay, Leeteuk.” Kyuhyun said,

“I know you’re not. It’s so obvious.” Leeteuk responded.

“What are you talking about?” Kyuhyun asked.

“It’s in its early stages but you’re falling for MY little sister. It’s so obvious.” Leeteuk said,

Kyuhyun’s cheeks began to redden. “No I’m not.” He denied.

“Oh yes you are.” Leeteuk laughed again.

Then a voice shouted at Leeteuk. “Oppa! Come on! We have to go shopping!”

Leeteuk placed his hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “Don’t hurt her man. She’s my little sister.”

Leeteuk patted his shoulder and walked over to Seohyun’s car.  The two of them got in and drove off.

Kyuhyun watched them leave. He was still stunned at Leeteuk’s comment. He had never been in love before. Was Leeteuk right? (Oh yes he was :D)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seohyun's oppa is revealed! It's Leeteuk! (: & Yay! Finally I finished this! I've been working on this chapter ALL day! Hope you enjoy SeoKyu interactions! Hopefully I can make another update tonight! If not, maybe tomorrow! Now I'm going to work on Devil's Breath! Thank you for reading! No slient readers and don't forget to comment! Love reading them! ^^

& LOL at this Leeteuk gif :P