1

Just One Beat *HIATUS*

"Time to get up! Time to get up!" Seohyun's alarm clocked announced. Seohyun rolled over on her bed and turned off her alarm. She sat up and stretched out her arms. After she finished stretching, she got to her feet and walked into her bathroom. She undressed herself and climbed into the shower.

After a long and refreshing shower, Seohyun got out, wrapped a towel around herself, and entered her room. While showering, Seohyun had heard her phone go off several times. She walked over to the nightstand and picked up her phone. Four new messages. Eight missed calls. Seohyun opened up the first text. 'Seohyun-ah! It’s our first day in college! Can you believe it?!' Her best friend,

Yoona, said. Seohyun opened up the second message. “Seohyun? You there?” Yoona texted.

Seohyun pressed call and held the phone up to her ear.

“Seohyun-ah! Why didn’t you pick up your phone?! I was beginning to get worried.” Yoona said through the phone.

“Haha! Don’t worry, Yoona. I’m fine. I just got out of the shower. What time do you want me to come and pick you up?” Seohyun asked.

“Well, our first class is at 8:00. Can you come at 7:30? We can explore the campus if you want. Or maybe we could have breakfast," Yoona suggested.

“Sure. I’ll be there. See you then.” Seohyun agreed.

The phone call ended. Seohyun set down her phone and walked over to her closet. “What should I wear today?” She asked herself as she contemplated. Seohyun explored her closet for some time until she finally chose an outfit. She dressed herself and walked back into the bathroom. She blow dried her hair and curled the ends of it loosely. She washed her face and applied light makeup. She brushed her teeth and shut off the bathroom light. She walked back over to her closet and picked out a pair of black strappy sandals. She slipped them on.

tumblr_ma2gseI4vU1rg7v6do1_1280.jpg

Seohyun fished around her closet for a decent looking purse. When she found one that suited her taste, she grabbed it and got to her feet. Her phone went off for the nth time. She walked over to her nightstand again, picking up her phone. Incomingcall from Yoong.

“Yeah, Yoona?” Seohyun asked.

“Are you on your way?” Yoona asked.

“Yeah. I’m about to leave my apartment.” Seohyun answered.

“Okay. I’ll start getting ready.” Yoona hung up the phone. Seohyun sighed and shook her head. Yoona had always been like that. Always being late. Seohyun shrugged her shoulders and left her room, walking down the hall. She walked through her living room into the kitchen.

10267883-modern-apartment-living-room-wi

kitchen-apartment_1.jpg

She quickly walked into the kitchen and grabbed 2 bananas, a granola bar, and a bottle of water from her fridge. She then stuffed them into her purse, grabbed her keys, and headed out the door. She exited her apartment buildling and walked to the underground parking lot. She found her car, hopped in, and drove to Yoona’s house.

After several minutes of driving, Seohyun pulled up to Yoona’s.  Yoona came out immediately. She slid into the passenger side.

“Good morning, Seohyun!” Yoona greeted happily. Seohyun chuckled.

“Well, someone seems happy and you look cute.“ Seohyun chuckled at her friend.

tumblr_m6z7g8Dhdd1r2x03fo4_250.jpg

“Yes. Indeed she is. Oh and thanks. So do you.” Yoona laughed, continuing the joke.

“Why are you so happy this morning, Yoong? Did something great happen between you and Seunggi Oppa?” Seohyun asked as she pulled onto the road.

“Yeah! He finally asked me out!” Yoona announced happily.

“OH MY GOD! FINALLY! I thought it would never happen!” Seohyun exclaimed with joy.

“Neither did I. He wanted to go the movies but ended up changing plans and we went to some expensive resturaunt. After having dinner, he drove me home in silence. It was so awkward. When we got to my house, he asked me if I wanted to take a walk. So we did. We ended up walking by some park where he planned a bunch of stuff. He walked me to a pond and got on one knee and asked me out.” Yoona took a deep breath after her story.

“Yoong, calm down. Haha. Although when he proposes to you, he’ll need to top that.” Seohyun chuckled.

“Whoa! That won’t be for a really long time!” Yoona said. Seohyun’s stomach let out a random growl.

“Was that you?” Yoona asked.

“Who else would it be? The tooth fairy?”

Yoona laughed. “Want some food?”

Seohyun nodded and said, “I have some fruit in my purse. Can you get it for me?” Seohyun asked.

Yoona reached for Seohyun’s purse and began to searh for the fruit. She pulled out the bananas and granola bar. “Can I have one?”

“Sure.” Seohyun replied. Yoona handed Seohyun a banana. They both began to eat in silence.

“What do you want me to do with the banana peel?” Yoona asked. “I don’t know. Just don’t put it in my purse.”

Seohyun said. Yoona took Seohyun’s peel, rolled down the window, and threw it out, along with hers.

“HEY! NO LITTERING!” Seohyun shouted.

“It’s not littering. It’s good for the Earth.” Yoona snorted.

“Aish..” Seohyun heaved a sigh.

-----------------------------------

When they reached their university, Seohyun couldn’t find a close parking spot so she was forced to park further than most students.

“I don’t wanna walk.” Yoona complained.

“Be quiet and don’t complain.” Seohyun hissed at Yoona as they got out the car.

“Aish..” Yoona muttered.

Seohyun locked her car and they started down the street walking to their school. As their school came into view, there was a huge crowd of people surrounding the front gate.

“What do you think is going on?” Yoona asked.

“I don’t know but I don’t want to get involved. There’s so many people.” Seohyun answered.

As they reached the crowd, there were many fangirls. “Changmin! I love you!” “You’re so hot!” “Oppa! Marry me!” Fangirls screamed amongst the crowd. Seohyun and Yoona stopped behind the crowd. There was no way to get through.

“What should we do?” Seohyun turned to Yoona and asked.

“Let’s push our way through.” Yoona suggested. Seohyun nodded in agreement.

They began to force their way through the crowd when Yoona stopped randomly.

“Yoona! What are you doing?” Seohyun asked.

Yoona’s eyes were fixated on a male. “He’s cute.” Yoona said. “Huh?” Seohyun said.

“Look!” Yoona pointed at someone. Seohyun couldn’t see over the many heads.

“I can’t see anything. I’m going to ask what is going on.” Seohyun tapped a nearby male on the shoulder. The male turned around.

“Jinwoon?” Seohyun gasped.

Seohyunnie!” The male exclaimed with excitement.  Jinwoon was one of Seohyun’s closest male friends. He had moved away a year earlier to study abroad in America.

“It’s been so long! How are you?” Seohyun asked as she hugged Jinwoon.

Great! What about you? Happy to be out of high school?” He asked.

Seohyun nodded. “I liked high school but I was ready to leave. Hey, do you know what’s going on here? Why are there so many people?” Seohyun asked.

“The kingka Changmin has made his arrival. He’s an arrogant, self-centered guy who all of the girls are head over heels with. He goes through girls left and right.  I don’t see what they see in him.” Jinwoon explained.

“Seohyun, ready to go?” Yoona asked.

Seohyun turned around. “Sure. But look who I just ran into.” Seohyun stepped aside so Yoona could see Jinwoon.

“Woon-ah! Hi!” Yoona greeted Jinwoon.

How’s my favorite cousin doing?” Jinwoon asked.

“Pretty damn  good. Donghae and I are finally together. Thank god!” Yoona told him.

“Finally.” Jinwoon said.

“I know.” Yoona turned to Seohyun. “We should get going.”

She looked at Jinwoon. “It was nice seeing you again. I’ll probably see you later on. Your mom is having a party for you. Gotta go, Woon-ah! Bye!”

Yoona and Seohyun waved and began to make their way through crowd again. Seohyun began to lose her pace and was beginning to get pushed towards the inner edge of the crowd. With a swift push, Seohyun fell backwards until she felt strong arms around her. She glanced up to find a handsome man holding her. He stared at her with coldness.

“Watch where you’re going, freshman.” The man said rudely.

He let go of her and began to walk away. Seohyun stared at him in shock. He was so rude!

“Yah!” Seohyun screamed after him.

The man turned around.  “What do you want, freshman?” He asked, not interested.

Seohyun walked up to him. “I have one thing to say to you.” She said with seriousness.

“I don’t care what you have to say. You’re a freshman. Freshmans need to keep their mouths closed.” The man retorted.

Seohyun began to burn with rage. Seohyun raised her hand and smacked him across the face.

“You don't know me!” She screamed at him. Gasps echoed through out the crowd. The man touched his cheek.

“Y-You hit me..” He said.

“Yeah I did. You deserved it. Just because I’m a freshman doesn’t mean you can bash on me. And you know what? I’m not even going to say thank you. You don’t deserve my kindness."

Seohyun glared at the man and stormed off. He stared at her in shock.

“I-I can’t believe she smacked me..” He trailed off.

Seohyun, on the other hand, was full of rage. “How can someone be that rude?! He is such a-“ Her trail of thought was cut off when she collided with someone. She and the other person tumbled to the ground.

“Ouch!” They both moaned in unison. Papers went flying everywhere. Things were scattered.

“Miss, are you okay?” Asked a male voice.

Seohyun opened up her eyes to find a charming looking male. “Ah..Yes..” Seohyun answered quietly.

“That’s good. I’m sorry I bumped into you. I couldn’t see anything with the pile of papers in front of me.” The man laughed at himself.

“No! It’s my fault. I should’ve been paying more attention. I’m so sorry!” Seohyun apologized.

The man chuckled. “We’re both at fault then.”

Seohyun giggled. The man glanced at the mess that was made.

“Guess we should clean this up before classes start.” The man suggested.

They began to collect the papers and stacking them again. Seohyun handed all of the papers to the man. They gathered Seohyun’s belongings as well. Seohyun shoved her belongings into her bag.  The man got to his feet and offered a hand to Seohyun. Seohyun gladly took it. She was pulled back to her feet.

“Again. I’m very sorry..” Seohyun trailed off because she was clueless of how to address him.

“Cho Kyuhyun at your service.” He joked.

Seohyun giggled. “I’m-“ She was cut off by someone calling her name.

“Seohyun! There you are!” Yoona appeared by her side.

“Oh! Hey, Yoona!” Seohyun greeted. “This is Kyuhyun.” She introduced them to each other.

“Cool. But, Seohyun, we have to go. We were going to explore campus before school started.” Yoona tugged at Seohyun’s arm. “It was nice meeting you, Kyuhyun. I hope to see you around.”

Seohyun smiled brightly and bowed and then was dragged off by Yoona.

“Seohyun..” Kyuhyun repeated her name in a sweet tone. “What a lovely name..” He thought to himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all! ^^ I decided to start a new fanfic! Don't worry! I will be posting more chapters for my other fic Devil's Breath! I hope you all will enjoy this story! Please excuse any grammar errors! I never proofread! Please be sure to comment! No silent readers! Thank you! ^^

tumblr_mdax08Ildu1qkrh2qo4_250.gif