002

Don't Go to Neverland

“Finally bringing in the heavy artillery!” AJ shouted as he fixed his hair in the mirror and Eli rolled his eyes as he straightened out his school uniform.

It had been two weeks since Kiseop’s arrival yet he hadn’t managed to bring back Eunmi. With Kiseop it usually took three days for him to bring a girl back. Heck, sometimes it only took a few hours if the girl thought she would get some from him. Yet Kiseop’s charms didn’t seem to work well in this situation so the queen ordered Eli and AJ to assist.

Kiseop shoved AJ away from the mirror and checked his features with a smile, “Let’s get this straight. I will always be considered the heavy artillery.”

Kiseop and AJ began to bicker as Eli sighed and checked his backpack for all of his needed school supplies, “could you two stop fighting over trivial manners for once in your damn lives?” He asked as he slung his backpack over his shoulder. Kiseop and AJ went quiet then grabbed their backpacks off the nearby desk.

Satisfied with the much-needed silence, Eli smiled and the three of them headed out the door and started their walk to school.

AJ sighed before speaking, “Walking . Can’t we just use a bit of magic and-“

“No.” Eli interrupted, “Just consider this part of blending in or something. Now shut up.”

“Jerk.” AJ mumbled under his breath.

------------

Eunmi stared at this week’s card with a perplexed expression. This card was quite different from the others. Not only was it larger than previous cards, but there was no character silhouette, just a painted picture of a little green door. The words on the front were still in the familiar outlandish font, but it was not the usual, “Join us in Neverland.”

Eunmi read the words in her head repeatedly until Hyunji snapped her from her trance and dragged her off to the classroom in fear they would be late.

Kiseop smiled when the two females entered the room and Hyunji waved.

Eunmi rolled her eyes and sat in her seat.

Once again, the teacher came in with more than just lesson plans. Everyone in the room stopped and stared at the two handsome young men standing next to the teacher. Eunmi seemed to be the only one who found it peculiar that in less than a month’s time there had been three new students with god like appearances, and she made a mental note to talk about this odd addition of y men to their school in such a short time with Hyunji later on during their walk home.

The slightly shorter blonde introduced himself as Kim Kyoungjae yet he insisted that the class call him Eli.

The taller dark haired male with the cute smile introduced himself as Kim Jaeseop but, much like Eli, he wanted to be called AJ instead of his birth name.

Mr. Jung nodded but truthfully could not have cared less. He directed them towards some empty seats and began his lesson.

------------

Kiseop once again sat with Eunmi and Hyunji at lunch like he’d been doing ever since his arrival. Thankfully, the two new students received plenty of attention as they sat at an empty table on the other side of the cafeteria, leaving Eunmi to eat with less hormone crazed jealous high school girls giving her the stink eye.

In the middle of lunch Eunmi excused herself and went to the bathroom, leaving Kiseop upset since he was just about to make another attempt at conversation with her.

After taking care of business in the bathroom, Eunmi started walking back to the cafeteria. As she turned a corner she recognized the new student Eli walking down the hall.

Eunmi quickly disregarded him and continued walking. As they passed by each other Eli’s hand flew up to her arm. She stopped as her eyes went wide and she tried to pull her arm out of his grasp.

Eunmi cleared then began to speak, “What the heck are you doing? Let me-“

“Second star to the right and straight on ‘til morning.”

She didn’t know how to respond to that so she stood still. She stood still with a racing heart, wide deer eyes, and a string of words caught in .

Eli let her go and kept walking as a sly smile spread across his face. She turned and called out for him but he kept going until he rounded the corner and disappeared, leaving behind nothing but glowing purple dust floating in the air.

“Second star to the right and straight on ‘til morning….” She mumbled as her eyebrows knitted together, “How did he know what was on the card this morning?....”

 


 

Author’s note
Sorry this chapter is kinda short but I’ll make a longer one next time!