Her Melancholy

Melodies and Memories

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

“It’s a kiss that I have missed; it’s a bliss that I could have wished…

What waste, It’s just a dream from reality…”

Sigh… I can’t even seem to finish writing this song… I’ve been stuck with this first stanza for about 4 hours now… Ugh! Inspiration! Where are you? Sigh. I need to finish this project soon or else my hair will grow white every minute.

“Hey baby gurl, still not done?” Jae said as he ruffled my hair. Yes, the only one Kim Jaejoong. Our relationship was hidden from the public yet he announced a year ago that he’ll get married to a much unknown female but on a very high profile in the industry. Rumors then linked them to me and some girls from different outstanding agencies. But they really never found out who I was.

“Aisht, I told you not to mess my hair.” I pout as I said those lines. I can never get mad at him.

“Aigoo too cute” he said as he pinched my cheek.

Sigh. I then slumped my shoulders down.

“There you go again sighing. Relax a bit, don’t pressure yourself much or you’ll get wrinkles baby” as he massaged my shoulders.

“Fine, so how about dinner? Hmmm” I felt myself calmer.

“Well I cooked while you’re busy with your own world. Keke” he said as he hugged me “So come let’s eat”

“You’re so sweet. Thank you” I said as I kissed his cheek. When we reached the kitchen I was surprised though, he remembered this day. He prepared a candlelight dinner.

“Happy anniversary my dearest fiancé” he said as he gave me a bunch of roses and then kissed me. It has been wonderful 3 years of knowing him.

“I thought you had forgotten” I smiled at him. Still unable to believe he did all of these. He still finds ways to surprise me which is among the things that I loved about him.

“Me?? Since when? Come let’s dine first” He held my hand as he assisted me in my chair. And the rest was magical for the rest of the night. We chatted and catched up with our current activities since I sometimes seldom see him due to his schedule.

The following morning, he went out early due to his photo shoot. He kissed me goodbye and that boyish smile of his made my morning. When he got out of my apartment, I have this uneasy feeling that something is bound to happen. 30 minutes later, I got out of bed and went to the kitchen. Along the way I bumped on the side table and a picture frame went down. As I bent to get the picture, I suddenly felt shivers. Our photo in the frame was when we first had our date. I shrugged the feeling off thinking everything is alright. Seconds later, my phone rang. I picked it up with a sunny smile not bothering to see he’s calling because I definitely know it him.

“Missed me already?” silence followed then a sniff. I got alarmed.

“D? I don’t know how to say this to you but… I’m terribly sorry” his brother said

I felt myself being splashed with a bucket of cold water and gripped the side table.

“Wha--- What happened…? Junsu is this you? Please tell me he’s okay” I said trembling already

“I’m so sorry D but he’s gone” he broke down the news

I crumbled to the floor as the tears flowed down my eyes and felt the world shutting me in. Like hundreds of arrows pierced my entire system, I felt numb to the core, knowing that the man that I ever loved was gone.

“I’ll call you later D… I… I still need to attend to him… Bom, she’s on her way there. I’ll update you later” he then ended the call. I sobbed myself more… moments later the door opened. And I was welcomed with Bom’s hug and that made me even break down more. She then assisted me at the couch.

“Hush D, he won’t like to see you like this” Bom said as she my back. I just kept on crying my heart out. Bom stayed over and the following day, we went to Jae’s place and paid my respects to his family. His mom hugged me tight.

“We’ll make it somehow my child” she smiled sadly

“I know we will for sure Mrs. Kim” I smiled back though my insides feel like crumbling again.

“Hey D, Bom” Junsu said as he hugged me. “How are you holding?”

“Like hell” I said

“We’ll somehow get through this” he said. And I got mute and just nodded

The day passed by quickly and by the afternoon by the ocean, we spread his ashes. He’ll always be forever remembered and will always be with us… I looked down at his grave one last time.

 “It’s been a year yesterday since we met and today marked the year since you left. You left me gasping for air. But I already forgave you and always know you’ll be always in my heart… Always” I said as I wiped the tears that seemed to flow…

After my visit, I went to a nearby café. Took an order and sat on the table near the window. I took out my music notebook, plug my headset and stared at the blank page; a new song is coming…

 

------------------------\

So how's the first chappie?? Sorry for the delayed update, I just recently finished taking my board exaimnation... and now I AM FINALLY FREE!