Practice

Practice

 

hehe. enjoy!~

 

---

Luhan woke up to the sound of his phone. Ringing, asking to be picked up. He groaned before rolling on the side of the bed and rubbing around the night stand to reach for his phone. He had this heavy feeling in his chest but he tried to shrug it off.

“Hello..” He said as he turn his face to his right and put the phone to his ear. So that he can ‘hand’s-free’ the phone. He put down his hands on the bed to rest.

“Luhan, are you coming today? Make sure you do. You can’t miss anymore practice session.” Luhan heard the voice, a certain duizhang called to make sure he didn’t skip his dance practice session again.

“Yes duizhang. I will come. Don’t worry..” He shuffeled before he cut the line. He put his phone on the night stand before heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

Sure enough. Luhan didn’t go practicing for three days straight already. He was a member of celebrity soccer team. During the three days, the coach had called him to special training session. He had been trained for three days straight without a proper rest. He was basically drained out and was dead tired that when he came home in the night that was supposedly to be early morning in 2 or 3 am. He had to get up at 6 at the most before heading out again.

When he’s done showering, put on comfortable clothes, stuffing his mcm bag with sweat pants and a wife beater for today’s practice. He headed out straight to the practice room. Not even taking care of having breakfast for energy supply. Not even a drop of water. Not wanting to be late and burden s, he thought.

Soon after reaching the the practice room, Luhan went straight to the changing room. He’s not ready to meet other members yet. He then changes to his practice outfit he had brought earlier.

[Luhan’s POV]

“Hey Lu! I missed you so much~” Xiumin, a certain baozi came and hugged me like there's no tomorrow. I can feel my breath shorten at this.

“X-xiu, I can’t breathe..” he released me and pull me to face him. He suddenly cupped my face. W-what…

“Lu, are you okay? You look pale” He clearly showed a worried face.

“I’m perfectly fine. Don’t *cough* worry”

“Are you sure? I was told that we’re having heavy training today since our comeback date is around the corner” he said, tilting his face. “No, I’m sure I am okay. Don’t worry okay?”

I reassured him that I was fine and okay even though the cough had slipped through my mouth. “Let’s go to practice room now. I don’t want duizhang to scold me” I pulled his hand and walked to the practice room together.

~~

 

“Good morning duizhang” I greeted and bowed to the other members.

“Oh. I see you’re really coming today, huh?” I was a bit hurt by his words. But I know it is my fault too that I had to skip three days of practice for soccer training.

“I’m sorry duizhang. The training ended already. I should be able to focus on practice now”

“Good then,” kris said as he clapped his hands, gaining attention of all the members before continuing “Okay guys, let’s start practicing now”

With that, everyone get into position and started the dance routine. I however, starting to feel dizzy and sort. I started to make mistakes here and there. Repeating the same part over and over again. I felt sorry for the members. I thought I need to stay up to practice later. It’s the chorus part again. I dance to it full-heartedly but the music was suddenly went off. Mistakes again. Now I can start to hear the members groaning.

“Luhan! Get you step right! You’re even late a few beats!” Kris screamed through the room. I apologized immediately. I kept bowing and put my head down.

“If you’re sorry, get things right! Don’t waste our time and energy on the same part over again” He said before turning on the music again. But again, with my current condition, mistakes. This time, Lay snapped.

“Luhan, come out right now. We need to talk” He walked out of the room. I glanced at xiumin and he flashed me a worried face. I just shrugged. It was my fault anyway.

“Do you know how much time we wasted today? You do know that we still need to practice some other stuff. We can’t get stuck like this” he said. Growling in frustration.

“I’m sorry. I will practice harder. I’ll try.” I bowed to him.

“It’s okay. We’ll take a 10 minute break. Go reflect on yourself” he walked inside the room and told them the 10 minute break. Without wasting time, I walked into the changing room to rest. i had a sudden short of breath. I thought I exhaust myself more than intended earlier. Xiumin appeared from behind the door, peeking inside.

He rushed beside me and throwing repeated questions of ‘are you okay?’ no I’m not. It felt stuffy in here.

“Xiu, I already said I’m okay. Don’t worry” my words betrayed me when I fall onto the floor. My chest. It hurts so much. It gets dizzier too.

“Is this what you called okay?! You are killing yourself! I’m gonna tell duizhang about this,” he tried to get up. I quickly get a hold of his arms. “No. I’m still can practice. I-I will tell you if I can’t handle it anymore, okay..” “Okay then. But promise me you will tell me when you can’t take it anymore.” “Promise..”

Sounds of knocks can be heard. Chen shouted from outside.

“Guys, it practice time again. I can hear Kris shouting already.”

“Okay okay. We’re coming!”

 With that said, Xiumin helped me got up and walked to the practice room together.

 

The music is starting again. I was determined not to get this part wrong. And I did it. There’s still a few part that I messed up but it was acceptable.

Now we’re getting into the dance break part. The hardest part. I don’t think I can handle this now. As we were practicing, my chest tightened. My Lord, please not now. Some pain throbbed into my head. My vision was blurry. No.. I must withstand this. I can’t burden them with this. I kept practicing but I know I reached my limits. I messed up terribly. I glanced at Kris and Lay. They were both fuming. I looked at Xiumin, feeling uneasy. The pain striked again. I could see Kris snapping and scolding me. But I can’t seem to catch what he said. Xiu. “Xiu..” Iy was all I could say. Or mumbled. After that, everything went pitch black. No sounds could be heard..

[Xiumin’s POV]

Luhan collapsed in front of me. No. I quickly ran to him. His face was as pale as a sheet. I snapped.

“Kris, Lay! Can’t you see his condition just now?! Can’t you see his face?! He was tired! He almost faint in the changing room earlier” “What? Why didn’t you told me earlier?!” I could feel tears b in my eyes. I could not stand this anymore. Kris shouted like that, but stayed still. “What are you doing?! Pick him up. We need to go to hospital now!” I don’t care anymore. Tears were flowing like a river on my cheeks. Luhan, please be okay..

-at hospital-

I am still crying my heart out. Then the doctor came out of the ward. I rushed to him. “How was his condition? Is he okay??”

“Fortunately he is okay now. You don’t have to worry. But regardless I need to say this. His heart is pretty weak. He had training for 3 consecutive days without proper rest. He worked and pushed his body more than he could handle. He needs to rest properly before continuing whatever activities he has,” the doctor was about to turn to walk away before adding “You may visit him now” and walks towards who knows where.

I dashed into the ward and took a sight of sleeping Luhan. He must suffered so much. I goes to his bed and sat on the chair beside. I reached my hand to his, holding his soft hands. I caressed his cheeks as my tears starts to flow again. I fell asleep beside him, holding hands.

[Author’s POV]

Chen comes into the room next morning. Spotting a sleeping Xiumin beside Luhan. Chen slowly shook Xiumin to wake him up. He sat up straight and rubbed his eyes. Noticing the moves around him, Luhan woke up too. “Morning Lu. Feel better now?” Xiumin asked, yawning. “Morning Xiu, Chen. I’m pretty much better now.”

“Lu, do you know that you hurt me yesterday? You worried me so much. I was afraid if something would happen to you.”

“I’m sorry Xiu. I didn’t mean to. I thought I can handle it. It turned out not eh.,” Luhan grinned sheepishly. “I just don’t want to burden you guys. I don’t want if just because of me, everyone would stuck.” Luhan explained. “But you actually did every of that, you realized that?” Chen scoffed. “Okay I’m sorry” “Geez. Stop saying sorry. It’s okay. You’re okay now.”

Then the ward’s door suddenly opened harshly revealing the rest of the member, Kris, Lay and Tao.

“Luhan, we’re sorry about yesterday. The comeback is around the corner and we got extremely sensitive”

“it’s okay. It’s my fault too. Skipping practice and all.”

 

“Okay, since everything was settled now, let me say something,” Chen turned to glance every member. “LUHAN! I FORBID YOU FROM PRACTICE FOR A WEEK” “B-but..” “NO BUTS! MY DECISION IS FINAL”

 

Everyone starts to laugh at Chen’s sudden behavior but nodded nonetheless.

 

{END}

 

A/N wahh~ finally~ please comment and tell me what you think ^^

Please ignore spelling and grammar error. Thank you!