Departures

Rare Encounters

A/N: I know this is pretty boring but I HAVE OFFICE AGAIN SO CAN UPDATE MORE OFTEN <33 I was just too excited I couldn't contain myself. So here's this and be prepared for a little more intensity in the upcoming updates...Daesung and Chae are about to hit a pretty big bump in the road.

 

 

Daesung’s day of departure came a lot sooner than I had expected.

 

                I went with him to his apartment the night before. I helped him pack everything, double checking his bags for him and wondering what I was going to do while he was gone.  I tried not to think of the fact that I would be spending two weeks, maybe more, alone.  No morning coffee with Daesung, no more swimming, no parties with the YG family. It may have seemed minimal, but that was all I had now.

 

                It was late when we finished. Daesung zipped up his last suitcase then abruptly grabbed my arm and pulled me in close, tightening his arms around me. I breathed, having gotten used to this perfect feeling. I put my hands on his chest and snuggled into him.

 

                “I’m going to miss you so much.” I whispered.

 

                He nuzzled my cheek and then my neck, his breathing comforting me. “We’ll do our best to get home quickly.” He promised me, kissing my cheek gently. He then pulled away, looking in my eyes. “Will you stay here with me tonight? I have movies and ice cream… I can take you home in the morning.”

 

                I didn’t need to be persuaded. I just pulled him back into the hug, and he led me to the couch where I snuggled close to his chest. I don’t remember which movie we watched, or if we ever actually got the ice cream. I was too preoccupied by savoring the moment before he left.

 

 

                The morning of, Daesung and I were in the car early. It was still dark, but I knew he had to get to the airport in time so I didn’t mind. I had slept well, comfortable in his arms and listening to him breathing as we fell asleep. I dreaded when he would leave and I would kiss him goodbye.

 

                However, it was inevitable. Eventually Daesung pulled the car up to my home, and I looked blankly out the window, not wanting to get out of the warm car.

 

                “I’ll walk you to the door.” Daesung said, getting up and opening the car door on my side.

 

                He took my hand and we slowly worked our way to the door. Neither of us wanted to instigate the goodbye kiss, because we knew that if we did he would have to leave. We stood there for a long moment and finally he rested his palm on my cheek and leaned in, his lips on mine. I expected it to be short, brief, but I found myself putting my arms around his neck and deepening the kiss. I don’t know how long we were there, but it felt like it was only a split second before he sighed and pulled away.

 

                “I’ll call you every night.” He told me.

 

                I smiled sadly. “Mind the time change…I don’t know how many hours it is but it’s a lot. And sleep when you can…Your jet lag isn’t going to be fun.” I reached up and pushed his long bangs out of his face so I could see his eyes a little better. “And text me when you land so I know you’re safe.”

 

                “You sound more like my mother.” He teased me softly, leaning in and kissing my forehead before pulling away. “I promise though I will. I’ll send you snippets of the video in your email when we’re done shooting each day so you can see.”

 

                I smiled the best smile I could muster. “I look forward to it.”