Moving Forward

Rare Encounters

 

 
The morning was slow coming this time. After Daesung had said goodnight to me, I has gone to my room and collapsed on my bed. I hadn't been able to close my eyes and fall asleep for a long time after, but when I finally managed I had the sweetest dreams. I don't remember them, but I do remember feeling safe and warm, so I must of dreamed of him.
 
When I finally did make it to the coffee shop, I anxiously waited to Daesung's arrival. When he finally did arrive and I heard the jingling of the door bell, I was instantly grinning and limping my way out from behind the counter.
 
"Good morning sunshine." He purred as he walked over to hug me. I breathed in the scent of his shirt, giggling softly. "Morning." I purred in reply. We went to sit down at our table like normal then, across from each other, so we could talk like always.
 
"So what song are you shooting this video for?" I asked him, recalling what he had said about going to Las Vegas. 
 
He smiled his perfect eye smile then. "Tonight." He said cheerfully, pulling out his phone an handing me the headphones. I tentatively took them and placed them in my ears as the music started playing. I liked this song. It was upbeat, but still had amazing vocals. I smiled as it ended. 
 
"I love it." I told him, grinning. "I can't wait to see how the video turns out. You'll call me and tell me how it goes, right?"
 
"Of course." Daesung leaned over the table and playfully ruffled my hair. I pouted and tried to smooth it out again. "That's not nice." I complained, but giggled anyway as I ran my fingers through it.
 
He chuckled softly then looked out the window. "How about we go do something when you're off work?" He offered. "Today won't be so busy for me, just a couple little things I have to do."
 
I lit up at the thought of spending time during the day with him. "Okay. That sounds great!" I said. We sat and talked mindlessly for awhile longer before he left, promising to return soon to pick me up. I went back to my spot behind the counter, thinking a little, wondering what he had in mind for us to do that wouldn't require much walking.
 
It was a long hour until my shift was over and I saw Daesung's car parked in front of the coffee shop. I put on my jacket as he walked in. "Justa sec, I gotta grab my back pack." I told him, smiling.
 
I placed a couple of my things into the already over-stuffed and heavy bag. I went to take the strap and pull it over my shoulder, when he was suddenly there. He grabbed the strap himself and slung it over his shoulder, smiling at me. "Now what kind of a boyfriend would I be if I let you carry that yourself?" He said, poking my side playfully.
 
Boyfriend. That was a word I wasn't accustomed too. It sounded wierd but in a good way, a way that made me smile, and reassured me that what we had was from both sides and the kiss hadn't just been on a whim. I held onto his arm then, looking up at him with bright eyes. "Thank you." I purred, leaning on him as we walked to the car. He opened the door for me and I got in as he put my back pack in the trunk and then got into the driver's side. 
 
I didn't know where we were headed and I didn't ask. I just played with the radio as we drove, exploring his music library and making new discoveries. Finally we pulled up to a building and I looked out the window, blinking.
 
"Where are we?" I asked.
 
"Well." Daesung said sheepishly, putting the car in park. "I talked to our trainer about you and he gave me a suggestion."
 
I raised an eyebrow. "A suggestion...?" I inquired, not really sure what he was getting at with this.
 
He nodded quickly. "He said your leg might be able to get stronger if you pushed it more...He suggested we swim, so the water suspends you and doesn't put stress on you but keeps you building muscles."
 
The hopeful look in his eyes made it very hard for me to say no to the proposition. I was nervous though; I assumed this was probably a public place, with people who could see me if I couldn't do swim properly. I hadn't gone swimming in years. Still, the geniuine look of light in his eyes made me just nod slowly.
 
Daesung smiled and got out of the car, jogging to my side and opening my door too. I reached out and took his hand, walking with him inside. When we entered, I was surprised. It was, indeed, a very large pool with showers and locker rooms along the walls. However, no one was here. I blinked in confusion, but relief.
 
'Wait." I said in realization. "I don't have a swimsuit or anything."
 
"Taken care of." He said cheerfully, leading me over to a closet where there were swimsuits lining the walls. "They're new, this place hasn't been open very long."
 
And that is the tale of how I was talking into wearing a black and gold bikini and getting into surprisingly warm pool water. I looked down at myself as I sat on the steps of the pool waiting for Daesung. I still wasn't sure about all of this, but I knew it meant a lot to him that I at least tried.
 
I heard him walking back and turned my head to smile and was I was almost completely floored. He looked perfect. Damn, he had some serious abs. I found myself blushing as he sat down on the steps next to me, and pretended to be fascinated by my legs floating in the water.
 
Of course I knew I was a horrid actor and he saw right through me because he coughed awkwardly. "Shall we?" He asked, stepping into the pool. It was shallow enough to touch but deep enough to swim. He said that way if for some reason I couldn't swim anymore, I wouldn't just sink which had been my main irrational fear even though I knew full well humans floated in water.
 
He held his hands, palm up, in front of me. I placed both my hands in his and carefully stepped more into the cool water, biting my lip. I liked the way the water felt. This had been one of the things I'd missed, being able to go out and be normal.
 
I smiled faintly at him and started treading on the water, surprised to find it so easy for me to do, like I had just done it yesterday. He let my hands go then, grinning at me encouragingly. I found myself swimming around him, comfortable, with no pain. My through the water were effortless, to the point where I didn't even realize Daesung was leaning on the side of the pool just to watch me. I splashed him after a few minutes, giggling.
 
He laughed and grabbed me in return, pulling me through the water and splashing me back. It felt so good to just...play. Just go somewhere like this and enjoy myself, with someone I cared so much about. 
 
Soon, I found myself with my arms around his neck and his arms around my waist. He nuzzled against my neck, my fingers playing with his wet hair. I felt his lips against my neck, causing a shiver to run through my body. This felt right, us pressed together without demand but still with a spark of desire. I pulled away an inch and kissed him then, closing my eyes and not thinking. I ran my hands down his shoulders and leaned on his chest, remaining safe there. My leg didn't hurt, my mind was clear.
 
"This was perfect..." I breathed against his lips.