One.

Pretty Little Lies

Seung-hyun never had a serious girlfriend before. There was always one or two dates that he went on, but Yoomi can never recall seeing him in a relationship that lasted longer than a month. It was hard for him as a chubby child to even muster up the courage to talk to girls. Now that he lives a busy life, between recording, making videos, filming for shows, movies, giving interviews, and attending events, he barely even remembers to eat three square meals a day. Eventually, his chaotic schedule makes it hard for him to keep a relationship going. On the other hand, she’s never been in a serious relationship either, at least not since her high school years. It’s kind of difficult to think about bringing another guy in her life when she her job was to focus on him.

It’s now that she realizes the convenience in that, now as she hears Seung-hyun announce that he may have found the one, she realizes just how wrong he was, how wrong she was, and how foolish she’s been.

----

“Well it took you long enough.” She throws one of her Cheetos at Ji-Yong and sticks her tongue out when he gasps in shock.

“You’re not helping,” she responds as she pops a handful in , munching her way through the flavored chips. “I don’t know what to do.” Yoomi knows he’s frowning at her speaking with full, but ignores his disgusted expression.

“You’re like a beast or something, so nasty.” She knows better than to take his words to heart, everyone in the group makes fun of the way she eats, it’s almost a given. She sticks her tongue out once more even while knowing there are a few pieces of chips dancing around, and laughs as he scrunches his nose. “Well now that you’ve seen the light, you can start by saying that I’m right.”

“Hmm," she pauses, a cheeto flavored finger on her chin as she fakes a thoughtful expression. "what if instead, I said you’re an and then you try to prove me wrong by helping me out? I know it might be hard for you, but let’s try that okay?” Ji-Yong flips her off and she sticks out her tongue yet again and pops another handful of cheetos in .

“How about this, what do you want?” The question stalls her movement and she takes a moment to really think about Seung-hyun and how excited he seemed to be as he delivered the news that filled her with jealousy. Despite her fear of losing him, of him moving on without her, she knows whoever this ‘one’ he found has to make him happy, and it’s all she really wants.

“I want him to be happy.” She repeats her thought with a smile she knows doesn’t reach her eyes as she chomps down on the remainder of the chips. Ji-Yong gives her a sad smile in return and pulls her to his hold for a hug. She settles into the crook of his neck and sighs into his warmth mentally repeating that she wants Seung-hyun to be happy despite what it costs her.

---

The thing that really fuels the rumors of a real relationship between them is their abnormal closeness, but something about Seung-hyun really makes her want to melt into him. She likes that he doesn’t mind that she’s always looking for physical contact with him, from hugs to just having his hand on top of hers. Even more than that, she likes that he reaches for it to. They never openly discussed the lack of boundaries in their friendship, but he’s never pushed her away either so she figures he doesn’t mind too much.

When she steps into the bus she instantly heads for his bunk, passing Young-bae and Daesung sleeping bodies in the living room area. It’s no surprise that they’re taking advantage of the little bit of downtime that they have and resting, Yoomi’s seen the amount of time they spend working. She finds herself being tired sometimes just  watching them work through the day. When she reaches his bunk, she pull rolls herself into the space and snuggles herself into his sleeping hold. Almost automatically he wraps a hand around her waist and she shifts her body closer to his, sliding her legs into the space between his thighs as she attempts to get as close to him as physically possible.

“Hmm,” she hears him mumble into her skin, his chapped lips brushing against her smooth skin as he whispers unintelligible words into her, tightening his hold on her. She tries to keep still, the last thing she wants to do is wake him up from his nap knowing how little he receives on a regular basis. While attempting to be as quite as possible, Yoomi reaches until she feels the handle of the drawer below her and pulls. She peeks over the punk, grinning when she spots the bright pink headphones and pulls it out, shutting the drawer once more. She pulls out the television above the bunk and sets the earphones in, lying back into Seung-hyun’s hold once more as the broadcast lulls her to sleep.