Chapter 2

Love Doesn't Love Anyone

Yunju sighed as she walked up the stairs to her condo, opting to use the stairs to take out some of her frustration. It was one of those days at work where everyone seemed to be in a predominantly ty mood, she included. First, she was nearly late to work because she’d messed up the dress she had intended to wear. Then she had forgotten about Jinyoung’s rental and got an earful from him for nearly an hour while at the front desk. Next, her computer decided to die only to find out there was some sort of virus on it. And then, everyone else in the office was particularly snarky since Jinyoung wasn’t there, making rude and snide comments to not only her, but to each other as well. She had to watch three arguments nearly turn into a fist fight. All in all?

Today was a very bad day.

Upon entering her home, she kicked off her heels and let out a sigh at the feel of the cold tile on the bottoms of her feet. Yunju wasn’t very tall, no more than 165cm at best, and she had the face of a doll, almost. Large, cat-like eyes and a pair of plush, pink lips. Mid-length, caramel colored hair was held up in a bun today, but that was going to come down soon enough.

She spotted her neighbor’s cat sitting on the railing of her balcony and gave a tired smile. Maybe the cat had a good day. As she passed through the kitchen and out the sliding, glass door, she noted that the light was on but shrugged it off as the motion sensors coming into play. Little did she know that she had a visitor, calmly sitting at her kitchen table as she returned back inside while cuddling the Eyptian Mau in her arms.

“Hey, Noona,” Rumbled an obviously male voice.

“Hi, Taemin…” She walked past him, cooing and nuzzling into the feline before stopping in mid-step and turning on her heel. “…Taemin?”

He chuckled and gave a wave, long legs stretching out and draping across the table. “Noona.” His legs weren’t there for very long, as the look she was giving him clearly told him that woman was not in the mood. “I take it you forgot about the event today. You’re not even dressed, noona.”

She sighed while still tenderly scratching beneath the cat's chin, its gentle purring faintly audible in the room. "Taemin, I told you I can't do things like that anymore. I have a career job now."

"Like mine isn't? You used to be in the same job profession as me, noona." Standing, he closed in on her and lifted his hand to give the cat in her arms double the affection, causing its purring to become louder. "Besides, it seems as though you've had a hard day. Let Taeminnie help you relax."

Yunju looked at the clock on her oven, it reading 7:45PM. Had she really been at the office twelve hours? It didn't even seem like it, but that may have been because she liked her job. It had its moments, but she was glad to go to work every day. Still, she did need a break and this would be a great time to do so.

"Okay. Give me five minutes."

"Take your time. You have to look delicious tonight, noona."

-----------------------------------------------------

"Noona, I said to look delicious." Taemin whined as he parked the car at the club, Yunju smirking in reply.

"But Taemin, isn't this delicious enough?" Yunju asked as she leaned on the center console, propping her head up with her hand. She hadn't been out in a while so she didn't want to make it painfully obvious. So, she decided to wear something simple: a pair of black, denim cargo capris adorned her lower half along with a pair of black and red converse, and a garnet colored halter top that stopped just below her ribcage, allowing her to show off her side tattoo as well as her belly piercing. A silver chain hooked from her back pocket around to one of her front belt loops, it actually connected to her wallet. A purse would have just been in the way. Her hair was let down and in soft curls around her face and shoulders and she had applied a small amount of glitter to any of the uncovered areas on her body.

Though her outfit wasn't much, she managed to pull it off. She had more of a danceresque quality to her rather than someone who wanted attention by showing off her body.

"No, and you know it's not what I meant either." Taemin said, climbing out of the car and going around to her side to open the door for her.

Getting out, she lightly patted his cheek before looking up at the large club. It had to have been, at least, four months since she'd been there. It made her wonder if anyone would even recognize her from before. "Shall we, Taeminnie?"

"After you, Noona." He replied while waiting for her to go first, draping his arms over her shoulders easily due to their height difference.

It was easy enough getting into the club. The bouncer didn't know her but he knew Taemin and Yunju looked pretty enough so he let them in. Once inside, Yunju's senses were barraged with the bass thumping throughout the club and the lights were streaking around in different colors.

It felt like paradise to her.

“Noona. Noona. Yunju!” She was brought back to reality by Taemin shaking her arm. “You act like you’ve never been here before, Noona. You stay here; I’m gonna go dance for a little while.” And off he went, leaving her at the bar.

She scoffed lightly and leaned back against the bar top, crossing one leg over the other and watching the people. It was a large mass of bodies, writhing and gyrating against one another, creating a nearly endless sea of motion. The music even had her dancing somewhat in her seat. Eventually, she got out of her seat and entered that sea, letting it and the music sweep her away

-----------------------------------------------------

In the upper, VIP sections of the club, an individual was looking down on the sights below. The room was filled with liquor, various liqueurs, and women. Each of them was trying their best to get the man’s attention but he didn’t pay them any mind. Fox-like eyes watched with keen interest at what was happening down on the dance floor.

The lights had suddenly shut off and five spotlights several different places on the dance floor. At one spot, two women were dancing with one another; at the second, a man was dancing by himself; at the third, two men were dancing with another; at the fourth spotlight, a woman was dancing by herself; but it was the fifth spotlight that seemed to be drawing everyone’s attention. Including his.

A younger male (a teen, is what he thought) was dancing with a woman. Normally, this wouldn’t have been that interesting but it was how well they were working together that had him, and everyone else, watching. There was no space between them as they dance, their bodies rolling and sliding fluidly in their steps. It was though they were one another’s clothing; that’s just how seamlessly they were moving.

The girl lifted her arms and draped them over the boy’s shoulders before he placed his hands on her shoulders and slowly forced her down towards the floor. Her hands gripped at his shirt as she made her way down his body, her legs easily folding under her as she became eye level with the teen’s waist-line. Springing back up, she sauntered her way around him, her hand leisurely leading him in a small by his belt buckle before lifting her leg and circling it around the teen’s waist. His hands ran along the curves evident thanks to her choice of attire and one curled into the confines of her hair.

“What’s got you so interested, baby?” Came a female voice to his right, breaking his concentration. He slowly turned his head towards her though his eyes were the last thing she saw. “Hm~?”

The woman in front of him was a bit tall, but he figured that was due to the heels she had on. Her body wasn’t bad and she had a nice face. What he didn’t like was the fact that she had decided to white wash her face in makeup. He could clearly see the line that marked where her makeup started and her skin began.

She moved in closer, her lips hovering close to his own only to be stopped by his finger pushing against her lips gently. “Zico?”

“Sorry, sweetie. I’m just not feeling very into it tonight.” He trailed his finger from her lips and into her hair, curling a strand of the bleach blonde wisps behind her ear. She took it as an affectionate gesture; Zico just didn’t want her lipstick on him.

I’ll find out who she is.

-----------------------------------------------------

“Ah, that was such a good night!” Yunju cried out as she stepped out into the night, stretching her arms up high over her head.

Taemin waved off some of the other club goers that were still talking to him, quickly catching up with his dance partner. “You really should get back into dance, noona.”

“You know I can’t do that, Taemin.”

Taemin frowned and stopped walking, letting her reach his car first. “Why can’t you? You made a lot of money, got to see the world, and did something you loved.”

Turning, she leaned back against the trust of his car, crossing her legs at the ankle and crossing her arms loosely as well. “Taemin, don’t be like this. You know I love dancing but I like this job, too. I can’t just leave because I have a calling for dancing.”

“G’night, Taemin. Nice dancing, girl!” Said a couple of passersby, Taemin nodding to them though he was otherwise silent while Yunju waved at them.

He sighed and brushed a hand through his dark brown hair twice before leaving his hand on the top of his head, lifting his head to look at her. “You could do it and come back to me, Yunju.”

At the use of her actual name, Yunju pushed off the car and walked towards him, giving him a small smile. Reaching out, she brushed her fingertips along his cheek. “Taemin, you’re a good guy.”

“So then why—?”

“But I can’t trust you with my heart anymore.”

That had the young dancer going silent, he looking down with obvious regret on his face. Yunju tilted her head to the side and leaned in, pressing a light kiss to his cheek. An arm came up and wrapped around her waist, trapping her against him. He rested his head against hers, Yunju leaning into his embrace.


And here is the next chapter.

So yeah...Taemin and Yunju.

Whatcha think about that? :D