Accustomed To Your Touch

And It Lingers

Chanyeol left as fast as he could. He doesn’t remember if he gave a legitimate reason or if he even gave a proper goodbye, but he remembers dragging a word-slurring, red-faced, and buzzed Jongdae back to their dorm room. He’s too anxious that night and ends up waking up at 7 A.M. sharp. When he awakens, he realizes it’s a Saturday, meaning he woke up way far too early for a weekend.  He couldn’t fall back to sleep and instead, he paces the floors to the rhythm of Jongdae’s strangely soothing snores.

Chanyeol’s not oblivious to that fact that he feels guilty. He knows that there is no reason for slapping Wu Fan and leaving him without explanation. So the guilt eats him up inside for another hour until he finally decides to apologize. It takes him fifteen minutes to brush his teeth and wash his face before he finds himself knocking at Jongin and Wu Fan’s door.

He knocks and knocks with no answer and he starts to question himself again. “This is…normal, right?” he whispers, or so, he thought was a whisper as the door swings open and Wu Fan looks upon him with heavily lidded eyes and says, “You really need to stop talking to yourself so loudly.”  

Chanyeol almost chokes on his own words. “Wu Fan…h-hi. Good morning and…”

Wu Fan motions him in with two wiggling fingers and Chanyeol follows suit. “It’s eight in the morning, Chanyeol,” Wu Fan yawns as he makes his way into the kitchen to pour himself a cup of water.

“I know, I know. I just came to apologize.”

Wu Fan his head up from his glass of water. “What?”

Chanyeol takes a seat on a kitchen stool. “Yeah, I left yesterday pretty rudely and I just wanted to clarify so that there isn’t a misunderstanding.”

Wu Fan takes a loud gulp of water before he wears a condescending smirk on his handsome mug and crosses his elongated arms. “And you were so concerned about it, you come to explain at ridiculous hours…wearing…” He points down at Chanyeol’s crotch area. At first, Chanyeol thinks its ual harassment, but then he realizes that he is wearing his favorite Pokémon print sweatpants. He flushes a shade of pink as he scratches the nape of his neck. “Oh…well…yeah.”

Wu Fan laughs at Chanyeol’s expression and Chanyeol gulps. Wu Fan’s voice is low and raspy because he had just woken up. And his laughter is so strong, his chest heaves and…Chanyeol just realizes at that moment that Wu Fan wasn’t wearing a shirt. Chanyeol turns a shade pinker because he was too preoccupied with his thoughts to realize Wu Fan has on only Calvin Klein boxer briefs and tube socks. It’s odd coming from a guy that wears khaki slacks and pin-pressed dress shirts to Economy class on a regular basis. “Don’t be sorry. In all actuality, it’s my fault.”

Wu Fan chugs down his cup of water and pulls out a chair to sit next to Chanyeol. “I assumed that you were a physical person, but it was out of line to just grab at you like that.”

Chanyeol chews at his bottom lip. “People get that impression because I am a touchy feely kind of guy…”

Wu Fan’s hair is messy, weaving in different directions, but it still holds a vibrant sheen. It looks soft and Chanyeol has an impulse to touch it. “But I don’t really like being touched in return,” he continues before going back to biting his bottom lip.

“You have a lot of nervous habits, don’t you?” Wu Fan asks, hand coming close to Chaneyol’s bottom lip in attempts to stop him. When he realizes his insolence, his hand recoils. “Sorry…I guess I’m a touchy guy too, after all,” Wu Fan laughs it off. Wu Fan brushes through his golden fringe with his long fingers and it slides through so easily, Chanyeol knew he just had to ask. “Sorry, but can I touch your hair?”

Wu Fan’s eyes widen. “Excuse me?”

Chanyeol knows Wu Fan probably thinks he’s crazy, but he doesn’t hesitate to ask again. “Can I touch your hair?” Even crazier still, Wu Fan looks as if he is actually considering it.  He returns his full attention on Chanyeol. “Alright.”

Chanyeol realizes he was holding in his breath the entire time. After Wu Fan consents, Chanyeol slowly brings his hand to Wu Fan’s bangs, combing and rubbing away at the slick texture. He giggles softly. “He he, it’s so soft.”

He doesn’t see the smirk on Wu Fan’s face as he chuckles lowly, “You’re so selfish, Park Chanyeol. You always touch others but you don’t let other touch in return.”

Chanyeol visibly gulps and he quickly withdraws his hand. “I don’t mean to be, I just…” Wu fan doesn’t hesitate and grabs both of Chanyeol’s hands with his own. He rubs them, eyes fixated on Chanyeol. His gaze is impossibly serene and devious at the same time and Chanyeol’s entire body freezes up to his touch. “Wu Fan…”

“Not that bad, right?” Wu Fans smirks. “Pretty soon you’ll be accustomed to people’s touch.”

Wu Fan rubs away at his hands for a good amount of time. Chanyeol would be lying if he said he was no longer awkward with the other, but he’d also be lying if he said he didn’t like the way Wu Fan feels as well. So Chanyeol thinks he could get used to Wu Fan’s touch.  


Hiiiiiihi! Thank you to my new subscribers! I'm new at AFF so i'm not really sure how to use, but it makes me very happy if you enjoyed my story so far <3 <3 This chapter is pretty short for gradual development purposes, but I will be updating very soon! Here's a sneak peak at next chapter!

He clings onto Wu Fan’s arm tighter and his head plops on his shoulder. He nuzzles his head in attempts to get comfy. “I’m a charming guy, aren’t I, Wu Fan?”

Wu Fan just laughs lowly. “Right now, you’re a stupid guy. Look how vulnerable you are right now. Anyone could take advantage of you if they wanted to.”

Chanyeol scrunches his nose and sticks out his tongue at Wu Fan.  “You’re stupid. Don’t you see how tall I am? Who would mess with me, almighty Park Chanyeol!”

Wu Fan brings his face close and he smirks that infamous smirk of his that makes Chanyeol’s heart beat unsteadily.  “Are you forgetting that I am taller than you, almighty Park Chanyeol?”

“No. I didn’t.” There’s a long pause before Chanyeol looks Wu Fan square in the face. “But being taken advantage of…I don’t think I would mind...if it was you.”