Don't Touch Me

And It Lingers

“Park Chanyeol, get the off of me!” Kim Jongdae shrieks, voice echoing through the hallways and into the side corridors.

Chanyeol releases Jongdae from his notorious headlock and pouts. “For a guy that sings so well, the ugliest noises come out of your mouth,” he retorts.

“Aren’t you a little too big for piggy back rides?” There’s a low chuckle from behind and Chanyeol knows it’s Yixing. “Yixing, are you following us? You’re not going to tell on us are you because if you do, I’m going to use of all the hot water in the morning and then-” Jongdae muffles his voice with the palm of his hand. “Shut up! Since when does Yixing ever tell on us to the dorm adviser?”

Chanyeol breaks free from his grasp. “I heard Joonmyun is giving out bribery boxes of Hostess treats to anyone who reports escapees!” he yelps with shifty eyes. “No one is to be trusted! No one!” He points at Yixing and Yixing laughs so hard, Chanyeol swears he sees Yixing’s dimple grow a dimple. 

“Chanyeol, please. Who in the right mind would scavenge around the dorms at 12 in the morning for a box of Twinkies?”

Chanyeol shrugs. “I don’t know. Twinkies are good.”

Jongdae scoffs. “Sorry for Chanyeol’s insolence, Yixing. What he lacks in common sense, he makes up with height.”

Chanyeol shakes Jongdae’s slender arms violently. “Banished! Banished! You are no longer my friend!”

Yixing chuckles softly again and Chanyeol remembers why he likes Yixing. He likes people who laugh. And he was quite fond of Yixing’s unicorn print sweat pants. “So, what are you going at these hours anyways?” Jongdae asks.

“Well, I’m on my way to Jongin’s room. You guys want to come along?”

“I’m good, no thanks,” Chanyeol responds, flashing his toothy smile, but Jongdae’s ‘Alright, you have our room key, right?’ meant that he was going with Yixing and there’s no way in hell Chanyeol could sleep without Jongdae’s snoring to chase away the night predators. “If you’re going, I’m going too!” Chanyeol whines as he grabs onto his friend’s arm tightly and Yixing raises an eyebrow in skepticism.

“Has he always been this touchy?”

“ALWAYS.”

The two stooges follow Yixing to the right side of the dormitories and Yixing talks constantly as they walk through the darkness. “By the way, Chanyeol, Jongdae’s too small. If he gives you a piggy back ride, you might kill him.”

Jongdae nods in agreement and Chanyeol punches his arm. “But Wu Fan is taller. Maybe he’ll give you one.” Chanyeol knows Yixing is joking, but he rejects his offer anyways. “No, I’m good, thanks.”

Wu Fan is Jongin’s roommate and Chanyeol’s classmate in Economics.  Wu Fan always dresses up to class and he sits with his legs and arms crossed, head bobbing until he falls asleep. He sits pretty far from Chanyeol, but he always watches in amusement. He finds him partly amusing and partly stupid. When they arrive at Jongin’s room, Yixing just barges in as if it was his own, and Jongin is sitting on the sofa, munching on some strawberry Pocky with eyes glued on his laptop screen. Chanyeol hasn’t been in Jongin’s room since last quarter’s kick back. “Hey Jongdae, Chanyeol,” he greets and Yixing sits beside him, stealing some Pocky out of his box. They’re watching a horror flick and Chanyeol hears the gore and screams. “Want to watch?” Jongin asks, offering him a can of luke warm Budweiser and Jongdae plops himself on the floor and takes it. “You know Chanyeol’s not into scary movies.”

Jongin shrugs, eyes lidded because he is strangely always tired, and he says, “That’s fine. You can go keep Wu Fan company. He’s playing anti-social today.”

Chanyeol’s immediate instinct was to reject his suggestion, but he makes out an amputated arm on the television screen and dashes to Wu Fan’s room posthaste. He stops by the doorway when he questions his liberty. “Is this okay?” he asks himself. Chanyeol is relatively close with everyone in the dorm, and although they greet from time to time, there is no one he is more awkward with than Wu Fan. “Just come in and stop talking to yourself,” he hears Wu Fan command behind the closed door, and Chanyeol flushes from neck up.

He slowly opens the door to see Wu Fan lounged over on his bed with one hand behind his head and a book in another. Chanyeol smiles bashfully. “He he…you heard that?”

“Yeah, you talk to yourself pretty loudly. Plus I can heard you guys’ conversation in the main room,” Wu Fan answers, eyes not faltering from his book.

Chanyeol finds a nice spot on the floor and he sits there with crossed legs. Wu Fan finally looks down at him with one eyebrow raised. “Why are you on the floor?”

Chanyeol shrugs. He doesn’t want to admit that Wu Fan intimidates him to no end. Wu Fan is the only resident at the dorm that is taller than Chanyeol and not only that, but Wu Fan is extremely difficult to get close to for some unexplainable reason. “It’s… comfortable here.”

Wu Fan sighs and plops his book by his nightstand. “Sit on the bed,” he orders and he pats the space beside him. Chanyeol’s jaw drops ever so slightly in shock, but he strangely obeys.

He fumbles over to Wu Fan’s side and awkwardly sits, fidgeting his fingers and nodding his head as if that was all he could do. “So, how’ve you been?” Wu Fan is first to break the ice.

Chanyeol jerks his head toward him. “Pretty…good?”

“Good? As a question?”

Wu Fan has always been a good-looking guy, but up close, it was even more apparent. He had good skin and a healthy sheen to his bleached blonde hair. But he is so sharp feature-wise and his eyes arch so steeply, he looks stern at all time. And he’d probably be even more handsome if he wasn’t frowning all the time. Chanyeol realizes he doesn’t like people who frown as much as Wu Fan does. “S-stop interrogating me,” escapes from Chanyeol’s mouth and he expects scolding, but Wu Fan just chuckles.

He chuckles and it is the first time he’s heard Wu Fan laugh. Wu Fan leans closer and he’s so close, Chanyeol can feel Wu Fan’s breath tickle his cheek. “What are you scared of?” he asks nonchalantly and Chanyeol can feel a bead of sweat trickle down his forehead.

You. YOU’RE SCARY. You look like you would swallow me whole if you could. But of course, Chanyeol could never say that. “Ostriches. I rode one once at this exotic zoo. They are really scary.”

Wu Fan chuckles again. He laughs hard enough that his gums and bright white teeth are exposed. Chanyeol likes people who laugh, so he starts to think he likes Wu Fan. “You’re so weird.”

“I’m perfectly normal! I eat toast with butter like any other normal civilian and I like to walk on occasion like any other decent human being and I-” Chanyeol is known for his ramblings and he does so with a violently shaking head and curls bouncing everywhere. It’s dizzying to look at him so Wu Fan clamps Chanyeol’s small face with his exceedingly large hands to steady him. “Stop it, Park Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen and he slaps Wu Fan’s hands off of his cheeks. “Don’t touch me!” he yells, and his push was strong enough that Wu Fan almost fumbles off of his own bed. There’s a new expression worn on Wu Fan’s face that Chanyeol has never seen before. It is a look of suprise but it's partially indescribable. But his eyebrows are raised and his mouth hangs agape.  And Chanyeol has no idea why, but Wu Fan’s expression strikes at his heart. 


First chapter done to my very first (published) fanfic! Hopefully I can make it progress faster since I have a habit of prolonging things ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ) ! Also my English comprehension classes made it habitual for me to write so... orderly haha, but I tried to get used to using abreviations, italics, and slang terms because no real person actually talks like this -"FURTHERMORE, I BELIEVE THAT YOU SHOULD HALT YOUR UNORTHODOX ACTIONS IMMEDIATELY." :I Yes so hopefully it didn't sound TOO sniff. Also the first banner is Kreassssssssse! <3 Leave comments please because I like to read them! :3