Chapter 1

Just another Love Story

It is the first day we met. I transfer again to a new school (Actually, I always transfer to a new school like every year since my imo (aunt) always get a work to do in different places every year.)

 

“Omma, what if I can’t fit in with them? I don’t want to be the bright student anymore. I want real friends!” I told her in panic after we arrived at the school (I called her omma because she already taking care of me after my parents and dongsaeng (little brother) passed away three years ago.).

 

    “Gwenchana. You’ll be fine. Trust me; you’ll be like other kids too. Okay?” she gives me a smile to make me calmed.

 

Finally we arrived at the principal’s office. He give us a brief about the school history since 1989 (you know what that means right? B.O.R.E.D. But I give the full attention like usual.).

 

   “Your class is on the third floor, the second room.”

 

I went to the class in a hurried because I am really nervous right now. Without looking carefully to the front and just checking my schedule, I bumped on someone at the stairs. Thank God, I didn’t fall because he saved me!

 

    “O~ Thank goodness! Gamsahabnida.” I bow 90 degree towards that person. I heard him chuckled and when our eyes met, he smiled brightly.

 

   “Mianhae~”. He runs as fast as he could before we could greet each other. Because the bell is ringing! Huh! Why would you ring at this moment, BELL?!

 

I really get pissed off right now. He is one of the cutest things in this world I have ever met. Who is he? Then, I went to my class and knocked the door. Everybody is looking at me and whispering to each other, which I guessed they must be gossiping about me. I hate this moment right now! The homeroom teacher takes me to the front and asked me to introduce myself.

 

    “Annyeonghaseyo. I am your sonsaengnim, nae ireumun Gil Daran ibnida. But, you can call me Gil Teacher. Everyone here does.”, she smiles at me with a sincere smile. Trust me, this homeroom teacher is really pretty and could be a model. She really looks like the actress, Kim Hee Sun.

 

    I smiled at her back. Thank you for making me comfortable. “Nae ireumun Goo Dila ibnida. I transfer from Byeongmun High School.”

 

Yes, if you’re wondering that my old school is the exact name of the school in drama Master of Study. Well, a bit different here, my school is one of the most prestigious school in Daehan Minguk. It ranks number two. And yes, I did study in the number one prestigious school in Daehan Minguk too. Well, am I showing off? Ignore me.

     The other kids whispered to each other again. I could hear some of them, like this one from the girl that sit at the second front desk wearing a red bow on her head like Hello Kitty.

    “She is THE Goo Dila Styles! One of the most educated student in our country! She already goes to the number one prestigious school! She really needs to get in our group!”

 

     “Okay, Dila-ah, let me see where you could sit.” Gil Teacher said. She was looking at the entire class for an empty seat. There are only two empty seats at the back. “O? Hyunseong didn’t come to school again? Aigoo~ That bastard! Hmm,”

 

    Before she could tell me which seat I should take, “Gwenchana seonsaengnim, I’ll sit at the back.” I go to the back and sit. And of course, the whispers again. Urggh! ~ Just take me to heaven right now! What’s going on with this people! I really hate them!

 

     “O? That’ll be the worse seat for you. Well, okay then. Let’s continue. Open your History book page 36, line 7."

 

What is Gil Teacher mean by saying this would be the worse seat for me? And why are the other students whispering? And who is this Hyunseong person? I really have a lot to say about first day of school to my omma. She really can’t wait to listen to all of the things that happen today at school!

 

Hold on! I almost forget. Let me introduce myself to you. Thank goodness we didn’t bump to each other or that’ll be awkward!

 

 

Goo Dila Styles. (I hate my father’s surname!)

Dila.

5th of August 1994.

Irish-Korean.

Bubbly, cute, smart, and the big-eater! (That's my characteristics that my omma said so.)

Love pink, yellow, food, ribbon, vintage, Pororo, and Maths!

 

Author’s note:

~ Honestly, all of the things that my fictional character loves are actually the things I love!

~ And Gil Daran named I take from one of my favourite drama, Big.