Life Without Bubble Tea

Life Without Bubble Tea

Sehun dropped the glass and wondered if he had heard his manager right.  "W-What?" He stuttered.  Suho sighed, "That boy that always sits by the window there died yesterday.  It was in the morning news.  Something about him getting hit by a car."  Sehun gripped a hold of the counter and a tear trickled down his face.

He had learned to make bubble tea for that kid.

He had schemed for months to figure out his name.

He had often paid for his order.

He had stayed at this silly cafe just to see him everyday.

Suho tapped Sehun's shoulder, "Do you need to go?"  Sehun walked off without saying anything.  His manager was understanding and knew that Sehun had feelings for the recently passed boy.  The younger stumbled home.  When he got there he closed the door behind him and sunk down against it and began to cry.  He had loved the boy for years and was planning on asking him out on a date today.  He sniffled and remembered everything about the boy.

*Flashbacks (Each paragraph is it's own separate encounter)*

Sehun had just finished dealing with this super whiny girl who had practically felt him up.  He was so fed up with this cafe and all the girls who tried to get his attention, that he was debating on declaring his six weeks right then.  He grumbled as he walked up to the counter to help a customer.  He glanced up at the boy and he took the his breath away.  Sehun admired his pale skin and slightly messy hair.  He involuntarily his lips, making the stranger smile a bit.  Sehun could have sworn he died went to heaven and came back.  "Um, could I get a strawberry bubble tea?"  If honey had a sound it would be this boy's voice.  Sehun fumbled with the register, trying to enter the order.  He finally got it and stuttered out, "T-that will be 500 w-won."  The boy smiled at him again and fished the money out of his jacket pocket.  As he handed it to Sehun their hands brushed ever so slightly, making the young boy blush.  He turned to Chanyeol and called, "Strawberry bubble tea."  The lanky giant quickly made one up and handed it to Sehun, who gave it to the beautiful boy in front of him.  The boy gave him one last smile before making his way to a table where he sipped happily on the drink.

Weeks had passed since the boy had come in for the first time and now he was in every day.  Every day Sehun stuttered and made a fool of himself, but he had asked Chanyeol to teach him to make the bubble tea.  He had worked hard at it and was finally ready to try making it for the beautiful boy.  The boy came in and walked up to the counter, where Sehun was waiting with a smirk.  "One bubble tea.  Um a banana one."  He started to fumble around in his pocket for some cash, but stopped when Sehun shook his head.  "This is my first time making bubble tea for a customer, so it's on me."  The boy watched as Sehun made the tea and brought it to him.  He took a small sip of it there in from of Sehun then smirked, "It's really good.  Thank you."  The boy skipped of the his usual table and Sehun admired the way the sunlight reflected off his hair and gave a slight gleam to his eyes.

The boy had come in every day for months and Suho realized that his youngest worker was always in a better mood when the Chinese boy was around.  Suho rested his arm on Sehun's shoulder as the younger was ogling the boy by the window.  "So, what's his name?"  He asked and the younger turned to stare at him with wide eyes.  "I don't know."  He whispered, a bit of panic coming out with it.  He covered his mouth as his manager chuckled at him.  "You better get a move on Sehun-ah or you're gonna miss out." He said and Sehun slumped against the counter and devising a plan to find out the perfect creature in front of him's name.

About a month later Sehun had the perfect plan.  He put it into action when the boy walked through the door.  He slightly fixed his hair and gave the boy a smile.  he made the bubble tea for the boy and then watched him sit down beneath the sun light.  He helped a few more customers then had Chanyeol take over for him.  The giant had owed him for covering for him while he when on a date with his lover.  Sehun practically tip toed over and sat down across from the boy, who glanced up at him.  All of Sehun's careful planning and days of practicing with his Bambi stuffed animal went out the door.  His mouth was agape slightly and his stutter that he had worked hard to control returned ten fold.  "I-i-i was jus-st thinking about-t it and you come here o-often and I d-don't know your n-n-name."  The boy raised his eyebrow at Sehun and gave him a questioning look.  Sehun took a deep breath and then quickly said, "Iwaswonderingwhatyournamewas. ButIwassonervoustryingtoaskyouandItotallyforgotwhatIhadplannedtosayandstuttedlikeanidiot. Ishouldjustgoaway."  He started to stand up, but was pulled back down into the seat by the smirking boy.  "My name is Luhan.  You're Sehun right?"  Sehun melted like butter back into the seat at the way the boy had just said his name.  "Luhan." He whispered softly.

They had become pretty close friends within a few weeks and chatted about everything.  Every time Luhan would say Sehun's name the younger would his lips like he was savoring the sound.  They now chatted often and Sehun fell deeper for the boy.

 

.... Now he was gone.  Sehun stood up and wiped the tears from his eyes.  He walked aimlessly around the house trying to find a distraction.  Finally he made it to the kitchen and glanced around.  He had made a cup of bubble tea this morning in anticipation for asking him out.  It was now spilled all over the table and dripping off the edge.  He glided his fingers across the banana flavored substance and then stuck them in his mouth.  Savoring the memories with closed eyes he whispered,

"Luhan."