Final

White Snow

 

 

Chanyeol loved snow. So much that even Baekhyun couldn't understand it. But at the same time it didn't matter to him if he could understand it or not. All that mattered was that Chanyeol was happy. That he kept smiling and would never be sad. And of course there was one thing that he knew. That even Chanyeol loved snow, there was one thing he loved more.

 

Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol – born in the same hospital room, grown up in the same road, went to the same kindergarden, same preschool and so on. Their families were on good terms with each other. Not friends, but not enemies either.

 

It was a good thing that they saw how happy both boys were around each other. Not once they were told that they were not allowed to see each other. Their mothers knew that even though both were actually very well mannered kids, keeping them from seeing each other would have made them break every rule they ever obeyed. Both women joked that they were attached by the hip and would most likely end up marrying each other. Chanyeol and Baekhyun declared that this was impossible, since they were best friends, they couldn't get married. Their moms just smiled.

 

They grew older and Baekhyun stayed small while Chanyeol seemed to grow into the sky. It didn't take long – after they entered high school – that the other kids made fun of the uneven couple. Especially because Chanyeol had his small but bothersome problems with his extremely long limbs. But Baekhyun couldn't find it a reason to bully Chanyeol. It was so incredibly cute that he had to fight against squealing whenever his younger friend fell over his own legs again.

 

When Baekhyun was 16, his world crashed. Unexpected and totally out of the blue, everything stopped. Chanyeol and he were just leaving school when a police car pulled up and the officers walked up to them. „Byun Baekhyun?“ He could just nod. A sorrowful expression appeared on the policemen face. „I am very sorry.“ He said and Baekhyun was not able to hear anything else anymore. Blood was rushing so fast through his veins. He knew what happened. Blankly his eyes looked at the policemen, before suddenly his legs gave in and only Chanyeols fast reaction prevented him from falling as the younger wrapped his arms around him. “No...” Baekhyun felt tears running down his face. “No...”

 

But it was true. His parents died in an car accident. Chanyeol insisted that he would not go home and dragged him to his home. He placed Baekhyun on the couch, before talking to his parents. His father wasn't so happy about it, but after Chanyeol threatened to move out from home and move in with Baekhyun, if they would not take him in, his father gave in. They prepared an old guest-room for a teenager paradise. At first Baekhyun tried to fight, but his friend didn't take “No” as an answer, so after only 3 days he moved to his new home. Chanyeols mother was almost as sad as Baekhyun, losing two so wonderful people. She became the boys legal guardian, not adopting him. She didn't want to replace his parents, she just wanted to make sure that he would not drift into any bad situations.

 

But of course her worries were in vain. Baekhyun mourned his parents so incredibly much, but Chanyeol never left his side, always cheering him up, no matter how hard it turned out to do. And after 2 years Baekhyun got over it. Of course he was still hurting every now and then, but Chanyeol was his savior. And at that time the elder realized that what he felt wasn't friendship anymore. Weirdly enough it didn't scare him. They had always been together. And when he confessed to his younger friend, Baekhyun realized that it must have been their fate to be together. He couldn't explain the huge smile in any other way.

 

When they turned 25, they had moved into their dream apartment together. Only a few months later Chanyeol proposed in the most cheesy way possible – with lots of roses, candles and chocolate. But it was exactly the way it was supposed to be. No one knew Baekhyun better than Chanyeol. And no one knew Chanyeol better than Baekhyun. They were perfect for each other, in every way possible.

One year later they were wed in a sweet little church. Baekhyun shed a few tears because it was the most wonderful day in his life and his parents were not able to attend it. “Please don't cry.” Xiumin almost panicked. “Your make-up will be torn apart!” Baekhyun sobbed slightly, before the door opened and Chanyeol came inside. “It's okay, Xiumin. Leave us for a second ok? Luhan is waiting, it seems he wants to talk about a surprise that he wants to give us.” The smaller man nodded, leaving them.

 

Chanyeol walked over to Baekhyun, wiped away his tear. “Baby... don't cry, please. I know that you miss your parents and that you are sad that they can't be here today. But don't you forget something?” Baekhyun blinked confused and looked at his fiancé. “They are always with you. Here.” Chanyeol laid his hand at Baekhyuns chest, right where his heart was located. “I am sure they are watching you and when you are happy, then they are. Please don't forget that, alright?”

 

How Chanyeol managed to get Baekhyuns face clean again after he broke in tears after his fiancés words was a mystery to the smaller one, but it didn't matter. He knew that everything Chanyeol said was right and it made his heart swell up with love and happiness. Not once he faltered in his decision to marry his best friend – no … his lover. While they walked down the isle, memories flooded Baekhyun and every single one showed him that this was the way his life was meant to be. Chanyeol gave him the affection he craved for, the warmth he needed and more love than he could have ever asked for.

 

 

“Do you, Park Chanyeol, take Byun Baekhyun as your lawfully wedded husband?” “I do.”

 

“And do you, Byun Baekhyun, take Park Chanyeol as your lawfully wedded husband?” “I do.”

 

 

Two people. Two hearts. Eyes, looking at each other with the greatest love possible. “You may kiss the groom.”

 

 

And outside it started snowing.

 

 

 

THE END.

 

 

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT!