We Held Hands

We Held Hands

 

It was two days before Christmas. Which, left time for last minute shopping and the last few days for admiring all the brightly lit decorations.

Kim Kibum, or “Key” of SHINee was among the people that just wanted to enjoy the limited time of Christmas air.

Gloveless hands shoved into the pockets of his coat and faux-fur lined hood pulled up to conceal his identity, he strolled through a park nearby the group of boys’ dorm. It was the extreme morning hours of 3a.m, but he still took the extra precautions to assure he went undiscovered. Plus, it was fricken cold and there was NO way he was wearing one of those stupid beanies and ruin his outfit AND perfectly styled hair.

Taking a deep breath, he braced the cold and kept moving along the snow lined path.

Snow from past snowfalls and storms were piled up higher on tree branches and the hilly expanse off of the path, making the usually bland sight of the park somewhat of a spectacle with its sparkling surface. It was snowing, but not too much. Just enough to give anything exposed to the dark sky a thin lining of the white material. Looking up at the only park lamp near him, he took note of the tiny snowflakes blowing through the lights path and exposing themselves. Kibum smiled to himself. That always was his favorite part of winter.

It really is nice sometimes to just go for a walk. Sometimes you tire of the loud noises and lights of Seoul so I just take a break and think, he thought to himself.

He continued his walk doing the same things for what seemed like hours. Walking, thinking, listening to his boots crunching the snow and looking around in silence. But, Kibum's heart skipped a few beats when he heard another set of feet crunching on the snow. Shoving his hands deeper into his coat pockets, he kept his head down and walked past the approaching person, not even lifting his head to take a look at who else could be walking around at 3 a.m.

Now is NOT the time I want to be discovered!

A flood of relief washed over him when he heard the others’ footsteps continue walking past him. However, his ears perked up when the strangers’ feet stopped, but he kept moving, hoping to get away.

“Kibummie?”

The rappers heart nearly stopped. He froze mid-step and contemplated his options of a getaway.

“Calm down, Key. It’s just me!” the mystery voice spoke again.

Slowly, Kibum spun around. His eyes soon shot open in realization and his hand flew towards his chest.

“Pabo! You almost gave me a heart attack!” he laughed.

Standing there was his friend and band mate Kim Jonghyun. He was also clad in a thick winter coat, along with some boyish boots and a cute red wool pilot hat.

Part of Key sighed but he quickly collected himself and urged Jonghyun to take a seat on the nearest park bench. After much effort, Kibum finally cleared and dried the bench enough to be satisfied before taking a seat, crossing one leg over the other dramatically. Jonghyun just chuckled at the behavior, and then joined his friend.

They just sat and talked about pointless things like upcoming events and what they got the other members for Christmas. Eventually, the conversation died down and the two sat in silence. It wasn’t awkward, but it was more taking in the scene around them.

At some point, Jonghyun’s hand slipped into Kibum’s. It resulted in a hitched breath from the latter and he prayed Jonghyun didn’t notice. It’s not like he was in love with him, but his heart still raced every time they came close in contact.

He looked over and locked eyes with the puppy-like ones of the singer. He was wearing that stupid smile he was known for. The smile created a light blush to creep up on Kibum’s face, as well as a nice warmth shooting through the rest of his body, tingling his fingertips and toes. He pushed himself up and off of the bench as a silent message to start heading home. But when he kept walking, he noticed a certain “puppy” wasn’t following him and decided to have a little fun.

“Come here! Come here, boy!” he cheered, grin wide spread on his face and patting his knees’ as if he was really calling a dog.

Jonghyun barked and scrambled off the bench.

Kibum only grinned and continued to walk. Though, he was caught by surprise when an arm wrapped itself around his waist and pulled him into a close embrace.

Again, his face flushed red, but he weaved his fingers back into Jonghyun’s and held tight. And that’s how they walked home. Hand in hand with Kibum’s head resting on the shoulder of Jonghyun in a beautiful silence.  

 

•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•

816 words

Hopefully it wasn't too pointless and boring xD Pleasepleaseplease comment and subscribe ^^